Friday, August 4, 2017

We're Home!

We just got back home after a week in Pennsylvania! It was a whirlwind of spending time with family and going on adventures. Plus, the weather was the equivalent of a Florida winter for the first few days. Heaven! There were hours of cousin play, a 90th birthday, cows, boating, a blogger meet up, and way too many hours sitting in the car (ick).

Sweet Turtle Soup - Pennsylvania trip 2017

The only real blight on a lovely trip was that while we were gone our Lizzy girl had to be put to sleep. She was getting out of her favorite chair at Great Grandma's house and she slipped a disc in her back up near her neck which paralyzed her. We got a call the first day up in Pennsylvania with the bad news. She was nearly 13 years old, and the vet didn't recommend surgery. So we had to let her go from miles away. My energetic love bug. The thought of losing her hadn't crossed our minds. I'm heartbroken. I've been crying for days. And, I really hate that we couldn't give her one more hug one last time.

Sweet Turtle Soup - Lizzy
Sweet Turtle Soup - Lizzy

Lizzy
2004 - 2017


5 comments:

  1. Oh no I am so so sorry about your loss! That has to be so sad to be unable to say goodbye on top of everything else! I'm glad you guys made it home safely though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I am so sorry for your loss. And to be so far from home. Hugs, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Courtney I am so very sorry to hear about Lizzy. Big hugs to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about Lizzy :( It's so hard when pets are a part of your family for so long. I remember when we put down our dog and it was so sad. Sending hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh friend! I am so sorry for your loss. Pets become family and it's so hard to let them go. Thinking about you all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.