Monday, June 19, 2017

Father's Day

Chris got to enjoy Father's Day by...sleeping in! Coincidentally, that is my favorite way to start the day as well.

While dad was getting a few extra winks, the kids and I made our favorite waffle batter. I usually quadruple the recipe so we can put the leftovers in the freezer for another day, but it slipped my mind this morning. Sadly.

Sweet Turtle Soup - Father's Day 2017
Sweet Turtle Soup - Father's Day 2017

Aria and Lincoln painted Chris a picture while the waffle batter rested. Lincoln actually painted a little section himself....and by painted it himself I mean I let him hold the paint brush and then kept him from putting it in his mouth but while he struggled to get said paint brush to his mouth he wiggled it around on the paper. It's his best work yet!

We let the paint dry and then I wrote a few reasons why Aria loves dad on the back. For example: "I love dad because he picked a flower for me when we were at grandma's." "I love dad because he stays in my room at night and kisses me when he leaves."

Sweet Turtle Soup - Father's Day 2017
Sweet Turtle Soup - Father's Day 2017

When the waffle batter was ready for waffling we went and woke up dad. Aria told him all about our morning while I made the waffles and some bacon. Because is it really Father's Day without bacon?

Sweet Turtle Soup - Father's Day 2017
Sweet Turtle Soup - Father's Day 2017

Chris enjoys staying around the house and spending time relaxing, so that's how we spent the afternoon.

Chris checked in on our garden and found our first green bean!

Sweet Turtle Soup - Father's Day 2017
Sweet Turtle Soup - Father's Day 2017

He gave Lincoln his first shoulder ride. Lincoln's face cracks me up in this picture.

Sweet Turtle Soup - Father's Day 2017

Lincoln practiced his crawling. He made it out of his room, but the tile floors thwarted his efforts.

Sweet Turtle Soup - Father's Day 2017
Sweet Turtle Soup - Father's Day 2017
Sweet Turtle Soup - Father's Day 2017

The whole gang watched Aria play in our afternoon rain shower.

Sweet Turtle Soup - Father's Day 2017
Sweet Turtle Soup - Father's Day 2017

The rain ended just in time for a Father's Day bbq and pool party at Uncle Kiel's.

Sweet Turtle Soup - Father's Day 2017
Sweet Turtle Soup - Father's Day 2017

Aria swam her little heart out. Lincoln had his usual serious expression in the water. And, there was even a poop emoji floatie, which was a big hit!

I took some pictures before getting in the pool myself, but I was frozen in a few minutes (the sunshine was hiding behind the clouds). So, Lincoln and I opted for snuggling on dry land instead.

We brought my absolute favorite summer dessert as well...strawberry pretzel salad. It's not summer until I've made it at least twice.

Sweet Turtle Soup - Father's Day 2017
Sweet Turtle Soup - Father's Day 2017
Sweet Turtle Soup - Father's Day 2017
Sweet Turtle Soup - Father's Day 2017
Sweet Turtle Soup - Father's Day 2017

Aria requested french fries on the way home (since she was too busy swimming to eat much more than two helpings of strawberry pretzel salad and a fourth of a hot dog). By the time we got home it was pajama time. Chris and I tossed the kids in bed. And then Chris followed shortly thereafter (but not before an extra helping of strawberry pretzel salad). I think we wore him out =)

Past Father's Day Posts:


9 comments:

  1. Awww...that sounds like the perfect day! I love how you explained Lincoln painting. Ha ha! And I agree that what's father's day without bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it really Fathers Day without bacon, lololol. That is SO true friend, so true. Looks like you had a great year of celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an incredible day of celebrating Father's Day! Lincoln is Chris' twin!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lincoln looks so much like Chris. I think it really shows in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, what a sweet day. Perfect Father's day if you ask me. Off to look at the recipe..well both of them actually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sleeping in? Chris' day clearly started out the best!
    Sounds like a pretty fine day of spoiling Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like Chris had the best day!
    Also you had me at waffles and bacon, so now I'm off to find your perfect waffle batter recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a perfect Father's Day to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great day! Those waffles look delicious! And now I need to convince Scott that we need a waffle maker :) You got some great photos too - I especially like the Lincoln crawling pics; he looks so defeated where his head is down! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.