Thursday, September 11, 2014

Disney Trip #6 - Magic Kingdom in the Morning, Pool Hanging in the Afternoon

Sweet Turtle Soup: Weekend at Magic Kingdom - Disney Trip
Weekends at Disney are my favourite. Even when it is super duper hot and crowded, it still ends up being perfectly magical. And this trip was no exception. I'd say it was even better than usual because the day actually went according to plan. All my time estimates, and fastpasses, and nap etc worked out just like I thought. If only the monorail had been working both on the way into the park and on the way out it would have been flawless.

We got up early and hit the road, but we still missed the opening show. Per the usual. I've never seen that thing, and I wonder if we will ever manage it. Instead of a welcoming number I did get a pumpkin spice latte for the drive over and then what did we see upon our arrival? Pumpkin Mickeys and fall decorations galore! So no complaints here.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Weekend at Magic Kingdom - Disney Trip
On our way over to Adventureland we stopped to give Mickey and Minnie a quick kiss. Aria tried really hard to give Minnie a smooch on the nose but just wasn't tall enough.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Weekend at Magic Kingdom - Disney Trip
First up was a leisurely walk through the Swiss Family Treehouse. Aria loves stairs so this is always a hit, especially first thing in the morning when it is pretty empty and she can go at her own pace.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Weekend at Magic Kingdom - Disney Trip
Next up was a double spin on the Magic Carpets. I'm sure Aria would have been up for more more more but I convinced her there were other rides to enjoy. Especially because it made mom dizzy.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Weekend at Magic Kingdom - Disney Trip
Chris went and moved the stroller from one stroller area to the next, while Aria and I watched the ducks swim past by the Jungle Cruise.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Weekend at Magic Kingdom - Disney Trip
Sweet Turtle Soup: Weekend at Magic Kingdom - Disney Trip
Last time our skipper was the lamest, but this one was good. His voice was particularly suited for the job. We enjoyed our cruise around the world's rivers. Aria rather enjoyed the elephants.

We made a quick stop to our favourite baby changing bathroom (the one in Tortuga Tavern right across from Pirates that is always empty, just in case you are in the market for such things), and then I made the mistake of letting Aria sit down at a table while dad went and moved the stroller again. She absolutely refused to go any further. We finally talked her into going on Pirates with the promise of french fries soon thereafter.

My idea was to stop at Golden Oak Outpost but the fries were all fancy and I didn't think fries covered in gravy or cheese was a good thing to hand over to Aria. They sure did sound good though. Some other time!
Sweet Turtle Soup: Weekend at Magic Kingdom - Disney Trip
Sweet Turtle Soup: Weekend at Magic Kingdom - Disney Trip
So we hit up the Haunted Mansion instead after a sippy full of milk and a snack of grapes.

We stopped for lunch at Columbia Harbour House, and snagged a spot on the upper floor with a view of Fantasyland. We made sure to deliver on the french fry promise.

We had to hustle through lunch to make our next fastpass for Peter Pan's Flight. I think Aria really enjoys this ride, especially watching the ships glide past while we wait for our turn. The queue was all boarded up too, so I'm assuming they are turning it into an interactive queue which is always fun.

Aria was definitely starting to get droopy at this point, but we had one fastpass left so we hurried over to New Fantasyland for Journey of the Little Mermaid.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Weekend at Magic Kingdom - Disney Trip
Anytime we were in a ride that had a lap bar, Aria would rest her chin on it like this picture below. I just thought it was the sweetest thing.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Weekend at Magic Kingdom - Disney Trip
Right after our ride in a clam we tucked Aria into her stroller for her nap. We took our time walking toward the front of the park while checking out a few shops and pressed penny hunting. Aria was out before we left Fantasyland.

We were meeting up with one of my oldest friend's at the French Quarter to go swimming. Her and her husband just got situated in north Florida, so it is nice that we've gotten to see them more often recently. Plus, who doesn't want to have a meetup at Disney? After three or so wrong turns we made it there. Not only was it my friend but it was her family that was there too, so it was a lot of fun catching up with family I was practically an adopted daughter of from 3rd grade on.

We swam and swam, and lounged by the pool. Aria fell in love with an alligator playing a flute water feature, and got herself a virgin pina colada. She also made a huge mess of her gold fish snacks and then tried to eat the ones she smashed on the wet concrete. Always so sanitary this one.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Weekend at Magic Kingdom - Disney Trip
Sweet Turtle Soup: Weekend at Magic Kingdom - Disney Trip
Sweet Turtle Soup: Weekend at Magic Kingdom - Disney Trip
After a few hours in the sun we were ready for dinner. We said our goodbyes and got to see a horse drawn carriage trot through the resort before hopping in the car. The plan was to grab something from the Earl's at Downtown. But, because Downtown is getting a parking makeover...it was a complete nightmare that we opted to just bypass for Publix chicken to go and fast food french fries. Aria and I shared dinner in the back of the car before I changed her into pjs and she promptly passed out.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Weekend at Magic Kingdom - Disney Trip
So what I am saying is that we had a blast. I love when it is a busy day but you end up hitting the lines just right. When we got home Aria barely stirred from the car seat to her crib, and I ended up passing out soon thereafter. I took a nap the next day too. Disney is exhausting! I can't wait to go back. Food and Wine Festival anybody?

And, here's the video from our trip!

Thanks for reliving our Disney trip with me!

15 comments:

  1. WOW that sounds perfectly magical of a day! You hit everything just at the right time even her stroller name (amazing by the way) and yup i'm still in awe of people who can move their kid from the car to the crib! Looks so much fun the whole trip. How cute is her little chin on the lap bar? She looks so serious in that photo like she's just taking in the whole ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a wonderful time!!! I can't wait to take Hallie to Disney!

      Delete
  2. That looks like so much fun. AAAaaahhh I wanna go back so bad!

    I absolutely LOVE the picture of her kissing Minnie. I can totally see my Emily doing the same exact thing. So awesome. How is the new Little Mermaid ride?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That video was JUST what I needed! I so so miss that place! I love how she put her chin on the lap bar; really cute. I just read a review of those fries at Golden Oak and it made me want to try that place. So glad the napping and fastpasses worked out so well this time around. And really love the family picture! I love Port Orleans, but I'm partial to Riverside :) I MISS DISNEY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous!!! Looks like you had lots of fun, again! Great pictures, I really have to start saving up to go with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aria is such a doll face. So cute!

    I think it's so fun you have the chance to visit Disney so often. It's a place so overwhelming to most, but you seem to have figured out how to maximize your day there. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your posts always make me want to pack up and head to Disneyland - immediately! Our next planned date is in October, to go trick or treating. Can't wait!

    Love the photo of her resting her chin on the ride. And Chris's shirt is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so luck to live so close to Disney. I haven't been since I was a little kid and I want to take my kiddos so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Disney too! Just wish we were as close as you are so we could enjoy it more often! Aria is freaking adorable and looks like she enjoyed herself too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your day at Disney really was perfect! How awesome that your plans played out just right (minus the monorail).
    We haven't been to DL since May. Clearly we need to remedy that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks like perfection!! and now i want to go back to disney with lex. . .even if we just went a few weeks ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I live vicariously through these Disney recaps. Truly do. Since I don't know when we'll be back I just dream of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my GOSH! Her Minnie outfit is so dang cute! What a FUN weekend! I love that you take advantage of living so close to the Disney parks! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Once you use all three fastpasses for the day.... can you go on the disney app and get more and if so... how many more?

    Loved the post... Aria resting her chin on the bar during the mermaid ride was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.