Monday, August 18, 2014

Currently: August

Thinking about: how August is my least favourite month. It is much too hot. Fall is close yet so far away. There are way too many people at Disney still. Did I mention that it is hot?

pinterest
Working on:  Aria's baby book. I finally got around to filling in all the bits, and ordering the pictures I wanted to add. I just haven't gotten around to putting the pictures in yet. It involves hard things, like finding the scrapbooking sticks, which could take at least 30 seconds. My gosh, the effort. One day...

Planning: ...eh, not much. Meeting up with a friend at Disney in a couple weekends. Does meal planning count? 

Reading: a series of pretty boring books lately, all flops. I'd like to get my hands on the new James Rollins though.

pinterest
Listening to: whatever is on the radio or Christmas carols. I'm trying to add a few more carols to our nap and bed time routine, since the same 5-6 get boring...and I still only ever remember half of those lyrics.

Eating: vegetables. Gross.

Watching: Leap Year as I'm putting this together. And, found a fun show on HGTV that I hope to catch more of - My Big Family Renovation. I use to be content with flipping on HGTV or Food Network and going about the day with it on in the background, but it is all such crap now. Except the Pioneer Woman because we love her. Chris and I also went and saw Guardians of the Galaxy twice now. The ending is my favourite part.

pinterest
Wanting: to get to bed earlier, yet it never seems to happen.

Feeling: sad about Robin Williams still. All the sads.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Currently - August
Loving: Aria's smile. She is such a happy babe, and is always grinning. She evens lets me get it on camera pretty often. Her squeals of delight are pretty awesome too, but half the time they are squeals of delight at trouble being made. So I prefer the smiles.

Thankful for: little things that smell nice and put a smile on my face, like my new body wash that smells like animal crackers. Sometimes you just need to shower with cookies.

images via pinterest (except the one of Aria...clearly)

Linking up with:
A Mama Collective

23 comments:

  1. Tell me more about Aria's baby book! Is it a digital or hard copy version? I made a digital pregnancy book but have never gotten around to actually printing it out. Maybe I'll do that soon...what all is in her baby book? Like milestones and pictures? I wish I would have documented all that stuff through blogging. I can't even remember what her first word was :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting to bed early does NEVER happen :(. No matter how hard I try. It just doesn't work. August stinks, WAY to hot. I am over it and am so glad to see it is almost over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the middle of the baby book too. I just keep staring at the blank pages, especially the birth story page. I wish I had done all of it as it happened because I have actually forgotten all the details. Sad but true. I started watching My Big Family Renovation this weekend too. It is so good! I have always been a fan of her writing, and her t.v. personality is just as warm and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I felt a huge amount of guilt when I read that you have been organising your baby book. That's something that I have been meaning to do for sooo long. One day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. With ya on feeling the sads (as you already know), but that picture of Aria puts a smile on my face. So cute! Also, yes, August is way too hot! I love Fall in theory, but I'm pretty sure Fall just skips us in So Cal :(

    PS - which body soap smells like animal crackers?? Want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you´ve a great blog!
    Please check out mine and if you want we can follow each other
    here on bloglovin and via GFC?
    Let me know, now it´s your turn.
    xoxo

    http://www.styleshower.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we need a post about her baby book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup August stinks up here too -- too humid. It's hot too well not like your hot but hot. Oh and going to bed early? Man I wish - impossible these days. Although my idea of early and late might be skewed from the rest of the world :) Little girls squeals?! Totally awesome but 99.9% of the time mean TROUBLE. I like smiles better! And giggles. Giggles are safe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Animal cracker body wash?! Say what now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our August has been uncharacteristically pleasant, which is a nice change! Normally it's super hot and humid but lately it's been in the 70s/low 80s and not terrible. Leap Year- I liked that movie; "Don't forget Louie!" :D I second the other comments- would love to see a post on your baby book. I bought one when I was pregnant but only made it to month 4 of filling out. I made notes for everything but have yet to finish it, and am thinking about going a different method anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry that August is so rough with the heat (and overcrowded parks!) ...Fall come quickly!! ;) I am so with you on always wanting to get to bed earlier but never actually doing it! lol. I especially love your "loving" and "thankful for" sections :) Aria does have such a sweet smile! ...and showering with cookies?!! What could be more "sweet" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. animal cracker body wash?! that would make me smile a big old smile too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a bummer that the past few books you read we're duds! I just finished The Emperor's Children, and I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stopping by from the link-up...your little girl is the cutest! animal cracker body wash? That sounds oddly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh I loved the movie leap year. Yes to the baby book, so funny, it's always the easy things that we're just too lazy to do! You've already done the hard part, now you just need to put the pictures in and your done! I've blogged about all the milestones and then one day hope to do the blog to book. Have you done that? I've used blurb in the past, it's pretty easy and awesome, IMO. Veggies, yuck you are too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ah showering with cookies.. that's what dreams are made of :)
    happy aria smiles for the camera, D goes from normal smiling to weird smiling as soon as he sees the camera

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these posts. And getting all kinds of ideas for things to watch/read/think about. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Look at that sweet, sweet smile! I love it! And yes - can we just skip right over August please? So far, I'm unimpressed. And girl, you are a woman after my own heart!! Christmas carols?! YESSSSS. All the YESSSSS. I've been listening to carols here and there for weeks now. I long for December. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a sweet little lady! My husband & I loved the new show Fixer Upper with Chip & Joanna Gaines. The first season ended a couple of weeks ago & reruns are on now on Thursdays. If you are able to, you should definitely check them out! They are sweet & hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That sweet little face! I'm so jealous that she cooperates so well for pictures!
    I never really thought about what a lame month August is, but you're right! It's useless. We should just get rid of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have a love/hate relationship with August. I love it because it’s our anniversary month…but mercy is it HOT! What were we thinking getting married in Texas in August? Ha! Meeting a friend at Disney? How fun!!! What is the new James Rollins novel about? I’m curious! I can’t stop reading books right now. I’m reading Gone Girl right now. Have you read it? Wild! Aria is a DOLL!!! Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh... waking up : can't wait to go to sleep tonight. YES YES YES. I think that every morning when my alarm goes off at 5am and I hit snooze twice hoping that I accidentally sleep through work :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.