Thursday, June 5, 2014

Disney Trip #3 - Aria's First Hollywood Studios Visit

Disney's Hollywood Studios
 Aria's Great Grandma had a Disney pass with a day left that was about to expire and Aria was dying to go on a Disney trip with her, so there was only one thing to do! Go to Hollywood Studios, of course. She'd used her pass to go to Epcot and Animal Kingdom previously, and Magic Kingdom was blocked out. So, Hollywood Studios was the last man standing.
 
We got up bright and early and drove over to our favourite World. The idea was to hit up Toy Story Midway Mania first because the line is stupidly long always and I couldn't even get a fastpass+ by the time we landed on a date and park.  But, Great Grandma ended up forgetting her Magic Band so we had to wait in a decently slow line to get a replacement. The guy was super helpful and it was an easy fix, but by the time we got in after that the line for Toy Story was 120 minutes. Nope.
 
Instead we went for breakfast at Starring Rolls cafe, where the cinnamon rolls didn't look overly appealing but the danishes were yummy. Aria liked her bagel, and we managed to snag a seat too.

Disney's Hollywood Studios
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Aria was super excited to have Great Grandma along with us and wanted to hold her hand and have her hold her and carry her. She loves playing favourites!

 After eating we went over to Voyage of the Little Mermaid, which I'm pretty sure I've never seen before but I thought at 17 minutes Aria would probably be able to sit through it. Not only did she sit through it but she totally enjoyed it. Naturally it made me cry.

Disney's Hollywood Studios
We headed over to One Man's Dream next. An exhibit all about Walt Disney. My friend Brenda from Chatting Over Chocolate actually did a post about it a few weeks back and I made a mental note to stop in because I knew Great Grandma would enjoy looking at the history.

Disney's Hollywood Studios
Plus, Aria had fun having a decently free reign to run around the place.

 Disney's Hollywood Studios
 Disney's Hollywood Studios
 Of course, her favourite part was finding odd places to take a seat.

 Disney's Hollywood Studios
I thought the Tree of Life replica looked super neat. I asked Aria to take a picture with me in front of it and she deigned to let me hold her for about 13 seconds.

 Disney's Hollywood Studios
After we finished looking around at all of Walt's treasures, Great Grandma and Aria took a little break before heading over to the Great Movie Ride. That one I could get a fastpass+ for. A few minutes in and Aria was out cold sitting on mama's lap. Best ride ever. She kept right on sleeping through the ride and when I picked her up to carry her back to the stroller and being laid down too. It was totally unexpected because it hadn't even hit her usual nap time yet, but she was up early to make it to the park by 8 and she didn't end up taking a car nap. One Man's Dream must have worn her straight out too.

We wandered around taking peaks at all the Star Wars Weekend characters that were out and about. We saw a Gamorrean Guard (so a google search tells me), Darth Maul, Darth Vader, Chewbacca and an Ewok, Stormtroopers, and a group that I couldn't identify but is in the video during our coffee stop (9ish minute mark - just in case you are up for the challenge, Kiel?).

 Disney's Hollywood Studios
Aria woke up while Great Grandma and I were in the coffee shop, so we headed back the way we just came to get some lunch at Studio Catering Co. I landed on that lunch spot because it had a Greek salad for Chris, his fave. Not as good as Earl of Sandwich but he went back for a second one so I'd wager it wasn't too bad either. The chicken Caesar wraps that Great Grandma and I got were pretty good but a little dry, and the cute kid box that Aria got was full of awesome - carrots, yogurt, apples, some bar thing, and goldfish.

The plan for after lunch was to go to the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids play set, but the line was huge by the time we got to it. Again, nope.

 Disney's Hollywood Studios
I was hoping to hit up Tower of Terror during Aria's nap and had a fastpass+ around her usual Disney pass out time, but obviously that didn't work out so I switched it to Muppet Vision last minute. But, it was either too long or boring without 3D glasses or Aria just isn't a Muppets fan and she was super restless. She did like the fountain out front though.

Great Grandma wanted to find something for Aria to take home so we wandered through the super duper crowded shops on the way to the exit because it was so hot and packed that we were ready to call it a half day. I was on a mission to find a milkshake, but was having no luck. But, we did snag some free ice water. And, Great Grandma eventually found a cute outfit for Aria. So, we made our way to the car and instead of a milkshake we grabbed a caramel sundae that Aria and I shared on the drive home.

I was surprised at how few pictures I took during this trip, but I did get more film footage so feel free to check out trip #3's video!

 
 Thanks for hanging out with us at Hollywood Studios, sorry it was hot and way too populated. I think I've got a better strategy for our next visit though - wait until it is cooler =)
 
 We've got a trip to Animal Kingdom planned next, so keep an eye out for that real soon!
post signature

14 comments:

  1. Cooler months are the best way to go. My parents used to pull me out of school. I'm a teacher's nightmare. Ha! We saw then Osborne Christmas lights thing a few ears ago in November - so cool. I do love HS. Although I still refer to it as MGM from back in the day. Tower of Terror. It is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day out with Aria's Great Grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks like she had a BLAST. too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great memories in the making! Your posts really make me want to visit Disney World (once Ezzy is old enough to remember though) - it seems so much bigger than Disneyland.

    The Joni Journey

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun trip...I hate when you get back from a trip and realize, why didn't I take more pictures, but then you just have to remind yourself, I must have been having a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so nice that Aria gets to do all of these things!!! She is a very blessed little girl! Looking forward to an animal kingdom post!!!! (My personal fav from when I was younger :)! )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got teary eyed just reading about your happy tears over Aria's enjoyment of the Voyage of the Little Mermaid! Disney is such a magical place!! I'm glad my post led to a mental note to visit One Man's Dream. ;) I hope Aria's Great Grandma enjoyed it :) Seeing the pics of your cutie pie finding unique places to sit there totally cracked me up!! :) Your vid was so fun to watch too!! Thanks so much for "taking us along" to Hollywood Studios! Excited to "come along" with ya to Animal Kingdom soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice that you live near grandma! And nice that Aria is so keen on her and your arms get a rest :P It's crazy how long those lines are!!! Nuts... I don't know how kids manage all that standing still. Seems like you still got to see a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I spy a t-shirt that looks very familiar. :)
    Also bummed you didn't make it to Tower of Terror. My FAVORITE ride!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Grandma has a Disney pass?! Most awesome Great Grandma ever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to see the Voyage of the Little Mermiad! Yay that Aria loved it!!! I love that movie and I'm kinda thinking Callie will since she's into mermaids! Sounds like a fun day (even if a half day!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun! You make me want to go back to Disney, stat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember those summer crowds! We always used to go in June to avoid missing school, and it was HOT and crowded, but fun :) I love One Man's Dream - probably one of my favorite places to visit there. I'm not a big fan of MGM (yes I still call it that :), but they do have some yummy looking snacks I want to try there, like the carrot cake cookie and all the different cupcakes they have!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hollywood Studios is the one park I didn’t get to go to when I was there! I’m dying to go back. I am glad you got to spend this special day with Great Grandma!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.