Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sweet Sunday

May 25th - 31st
Our simple moments from the week.

Kid's Menu at Cheddar's Restaurant
We went to dinner at Cheddar's after Disney last Sunday, and I ordered Aria something off the kid menu for the first time. Normally she just picks from our plates and devours all the bread, but she ate every last bite of her grilled cheese that she didn't drop on the floor. I thought it required photographic documentation.

Martinelli's Apple Juice
 I gave Aria her first apple juice last week. She took one sip and was sold. When she handed it to me and asked for more, I brought her back a sippy of water...she took one sip and gave it right back.

Florida Spring Showers
Florida Spring Showers
Florida Spring Showers
Jenny posted about her daughter playing in the rain last week and I immediately had a 'duh' moment, why haven't we been playing in the rain yet? And, when the perfectly timed rain came a couple days later we headed right out in it. Of course it was Florida rain and almost over by the time I took her outfit off, but she had fun twirling.

Florida Spring Showers
Then I showed her how to splash the puddles and we walked up and down the porch stomping our feet. About then it started to rain harder again so I quick put my camera back inside and we stayed out to get sufficiently wet. Great idea Jenny!

Rice Sensory Bin
A long, long time ago I bought some rice to dye pink and play with for Valentine's day. Well, that bag sat around the house until just a few days ago when I said 'screw it, I'm never going to dye this stuff' and instead we played with the boring white rice. I think we all now know the turning point in Aria's life if she turns out to be a serial killer, mom just couldn't make the time to dye the rice.

Rice Sensory Bin
This happened a lot.

Rice Sensory Bin
 But, she also really enjoyed digging in it, and picking up handfuls and dropping them on the tile, and at one point standing in it. Mom thought it was pretty fun too, and I didn't even mind vacuuming up a ton of rice afterwards. Now I want to get dry corn kernels for a sensory box in the fall! Clearly I have to plan ahead or things just never get done.

Florida Trails
On the way home from running errands yesterday, we made a last minute stop by our local trail for a walk around the path. Aria held both of our hands and she walked that way for about a third of the loop. She's never done that before, we were big fans. My picture misses the dad hand holding, but it is the best I snapped.

Florida Trails
I asked her if she wanted to take a picture with mama, and she nodded. You can see her little hand still holding Chris's hand too.

Florida Trails
I haven't a clue what these spiky plants are but Aria and I both thought they were interesting.

Florida Trails
Florida Trails
 It started to rain while we walked, but only just barely so it made it much cooler and pleasant. Definitely a good spur of the moment decision.

Florida Trails
Aria taking a look at my favourite two trees on the path. 'X' marks the spot.

Charlie Brown Christmas book, Jellycat bunny, and zo-li bot sippy
This one is from my instagram account, but it was my favourite from the week so I couldn't resist popping it in here too. She is just up from a nap and kept gathering her possessions until she couldn't carry anymore. But, just look at that happy smile! She is always the sweetest moment from my day.
 
Have a sweet Sunday!
 
 Linking up with:
http://www.simpleasthatblog.com/
post signature

6 comments:

  1. Dancing in the rain. Oh my goodness she is just WAY.TO.CUTE. Especially when she is dancing!!!! Love her little legs!! Lol @ the serial killer comment. I think that type of stuff all the time! That fall sensory bin is a fabulous idea! So sweet that she is still holding daddy's hand in the picture! So glad after nap is a favorite time for y'all. It doesn't work out too smoothly around here. Actually, that's probably an understatement. Although, mornings are usually pretty nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She treats apple juice like I treat wine LOL! Everything else is simply unacceptable haha :)

    Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aria is just a little dolly. Such a cute!

    Love the sensory bin idea! I dumped a few bags of white rice into our water table and my two-year-old has a blast digging and scooping in it. It's never (okay, rarely) warm enough in Minnesota to play in water anyway so a rice table makes much more sense and is less mess outdoors. I just sweep it up when we're done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man playing in warm rain sounds lovely! Unfortunately we have totally the wrong variety here (cold and drizzly). And yes, she has no hope in life because you didn't die her rice :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww so many first for her this week. I love those flowers and I love her in those rain photos. What a happy kid =) #SimpleThingsSunday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for that first taste of apple juice :) ... That reminded me of you mentioning how you were craving apple juice after having LeFou's Brew at MK. I'm still kicking myself for forgetting to try that during our last trip ...next time! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.