Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Godparents, Bunnies and Giant Puppies

When I was pregnant with Aria, I brought up the idea of godparents to Chris. I said I thought it would be nice, and he said meh sounds weird. I dropped it. A few months later Chris says hey that godparents thing sounds like a good idea. I rolled my eyes. It sure takes him a long time to mull things over. And, it is a good thing he came around to the concept because Aria has top notch godparents.
 
We went over to Aria's godfather's to go swim in the pool a few days ago. I'd highly recommend picking godparents with their own pool, and a bunny, and a giant puppy, and a tree house - it gives them that little something extra. You know?
Toddler petting the bunny
I'm pretty sure Aria's favourite part of a visit to Kiel's is bunny bonding.

Toddler feeding the bunny a snack
 She even attempted to give her a bunny snack, but the concept was a little hard for both parties. Aria didn't want to let go and bunny could not get it out of her fingers. So close though, so close.

Toddler and pups in the pool
 After some bunny fun, we tip toed into the pool.

Toddler pool time
 And, dusted off Aria's floatie from last year.

yellow lab in the pool
Obi, the 70 pound puppy, was dying to join in on the action.

Yellow lab in the swimming pool
 But, he is still working on his water legs.

Toddler pool time
 'I broughted you a noodle'

Toddler swimming
That's okay Obi, Aria is still working on not sucking in as soon as her face gets wet. We all have things that need a little practice.
 
Kiel told Chris he should take a pictures of Aria feeding the bunny while I was in the house changing, so Chris took a video of it instead. It's like these guys know me or something?!  And, I didn't even know she successfully got the bunny a treat until seeing the video. Practice makes perfect!
 Linking up with:
OurJoyHisGlory
And, Ashley at Words About Waverly and Jess at Sadie Sky Boutique
littlethingslogo
post signature

20 comments:

  1. She is just the sweetest! My nieces used to have a bunny but it was mean so they got rid of it. Still cute though;)

    Love her bathing suit! We have the same Swim Ways floatie. At least I think so? We haven't used it yet;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband does that exact same thing when I bring up new ideas! I have to find a way to act like it was his idea sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutie!!! I love her suit! Looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her suit! That picture of the Obi with the noodle had me cracking up! I'm itching to get Reese a puppy, but the hubby says we have to wait - boo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that suit and her feeding the bunny, too precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these posts with babies and bunny's makes me desperately want to get a bunny for Scarlett!! HAHA Aria is the sweetest :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for pool time!! Looks so much fun! That dog cracks me up -- my guy doesn't like water -- well at least doesn't so far. Hoping he does when we move to the lake but maybe not - less wet dog smell to deal with :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! We might need to carefully reconsider Mim's godparents. A pool and a bunny are definite must-haves! :) Cute photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! She is such a cutie. I am loving the pictures of her with the bunnies:)

    www.windycitybaby.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've been unsure about the whole godparents thing but this just sold it for us ;) ugh & that bathing suit - Aria is such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We need godparents with digs like yours. Well played!
    I Aria signing "more" to feed the bunny? AND doing the happy dance?! Holy cuteness overload.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for stopping by our link up! The same thing happens with my hubby… I have realized I have to give him time! And I am pretty sure our daughter (she is 14 months) would have LOVED the bunnies too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A Godparent with a pool, bunny, giant puppy and tree house? Sign me up! Love that he took video for you. Aria is the cutest!!! I think she wants to come visit TEXAS!! (and bring Mommy and Daddy, too, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So fun! We've tossed the idea around as well, but have yet to make any decisions! I agree, though, find someone with a pool, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you think they would care to be godparents to Connor? He would have a heyday with all their extras?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love your videos!! SO, SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love her bathing suit! So adorable. Thanks for stopping by the link-up. Come back tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great selection of godparents! I wish I had me some of those with a pool and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your husband is genius! He knew to get a video of her feeding the bunnies without being asked?! You've trained him well :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the video!! I use to have pet bunnies! One was named Mr T and the other was Dr Pepper! So much fun! Adorable pictures too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.