Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Odds and Ends

One of my favourite things about having a decent phone is having a decent-ish camera on it. Especially when I either forget my real camera or my real camera isn't close enough that I'd make it back in time to capture whatever cuteness is going down. I had such an old school caveman phone for so long that this feels like such a decadence to me. For the most part when I get a cute phone pic I post it to instagram (follow me for the cute!), but these slipped through somehow - minus the princess crown, but it was too cute not to add.

We went over for a swim at Aria's godfather's yesterday. We even brought Baxter to play with the other pups this time, so he peed all over the patio as a thank you. Aria and I practiced not inhaling the pool water, which was only minimally successful, and then she wanted to chomp some pretzels while watching the dogs fetch a toy out of the water.
I think she'd rather just feed the bunny treats the whole time and jump in the water for a quick second before climbing back out and running back to the bunny.
This is yoda, he doesn't like thunder and a storm was rolling around overhead. 'Let me back in, please!'

Aria thought it would be a hoot to chase Lizzy around with her popper toy and bash her with it before I could wrangle it from her. Then she grabbed a handful of lip to pull before giving her a big hug. Such a little snot sometimes. Most of the time though all she wants to do is drape herself on her back and gives her hugs and kisses. Poor Lizzy, always takes everything with such grace.

We hosted a Summer Drinks and Dessert party this weekend. Aria helped out at the party supplies store by getting into everything. Including a crown that she got dad to put on for her. This one is the instagram repeat, but it is totally one of my favourite pictures of her recently!

I finally got around to deep cleaning my bedroom. It is such a pain because of all the heavy large things in there, not to mention dog cages. Aria helped herself to the baby jail, and then couldn't figure out how to get back out.

Aria is funny with certain foods. She won't really touch bananas or tomatoes on her plate, but if you feed them to her out of the high chair then she loves them. This pic is from one of Chris' lunch breaks last week. I made her a bowl of tomatoes and feta, so she gobbled them up on his lap.
 
The other day I taught Aria how to howl like a wolf, so we were practicing over dinner! She can do elephant, cow, and owl, and now wolf. Oh, and sort of frog. She just keeps getting cuter and cuter.
 Linking up with Ashley at Words About Waverly and Jess at Sadie Sky Boutique
littlethingslogo
and
OurJoyHisGlory
post signature

22 comments:

  1. Such a cute video!! I pretty much only use my phone for pictures. So easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bunnyyyyyyy. I love those things :) And I that picture with the crown is so sweet! Also, tomatoes and feta -- what a great combo. I have both those things and may try them out with Kiernan today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, I love little random everyday photos like this! I am working on a post like this right now as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually laughed out loud at Aria in the dog cage - so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. baby jail, I love it!! LOLOLOL. I literally laughed out loud and spit a little yogurt on my keyboard. And a princess must always have her crown! Don't you know this?! ;-) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't phones the BEST for pictures? Most of the time, I can't be bothered to carry my real camera and I love being able to whip out my phone in one second and then put it away 2 seconds later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOOH!! A party!! Can't wait to hear about it! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the everyday moments!
    You have a little echo with that howl! So cute.
    Can't wait for details on your drinks and dessert party. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha! I love that she will only eat them if you feed them to her. Not spoiled at all! :) Hilarious. And I want to hear more about this drinks and desserts party too! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes- I definitely want to see more of this party! I too laughed out loud when I saw Aria in the dog cage - I think my coworkers are wondering what the heck I'm looking at :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am completely guilty of phone camera pics. I honestly despise the real camera that we currently own so ALL of mine are from my phone. I need to work on convincing the hubby to let me buy a camera!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She sure does keep getting cuter and cuter! Love the howling haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww at the party supply store!! She is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much cuteness in this post. And Ezzy is weird about food like that too - won't eat it in the high chair, but he'll devour it if he's playing and distracted.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute that she crawled in the dog cage! I swear all kids do that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just realized I have been such an awful commenter lately I am so sorry!! That photo of her in the dog cage is hysterical. I've often commented to Matt (joking of course) that it would be nice to just crate the kids every now and then. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally need a baby jail :)
    Love the pics

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is a cutie!! And that bunny is too!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so guilty of taking pictures on my phone! Luckily my iPhone 5 has a pretty good camera and good photo taking speed to be able to actually catch Mason doing things. My camera was SO SLOW that I would hit the button to take the picture and he was either doing something completely different or not even in the picture anymore. SO FRUSTRATING. Do you have a good camera? What kind is it?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving that pic of the little girl in the dog cage! And we almost exclusively use our phone for pics these days… just so convenient! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always am just taking pics on the phone these days too, just so easy! The Summer Drinks and Desserts party sounds super cute! Hope you will be sharing pics and details!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.