Friday, June 6, 2014

Five on Friday: a Happy Half Birthday to You, Getting Dressed, and a Summer Link Up

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
Linking up with the good life blog, Carolina Charm, A. Liz Adventures, and Hello! Happiness today to share this week's five!
 
Applie Pie Pancakes with Vanilla Maple Butter
  Aria turned a year and a half on Monday. To celebrate I made her apple pie pancakes with vanilla maple butter complete with a candle to blow out. She even puffed on the flame all herself. Basically it was the best half birthday breakfast ever, and also the only one we've celebrated. We love fancy pancakes around here, and this recipe was to die for! I could eat the vanilla maple butter all by itself it was that good.
 
Rotary Park Suntree Florida
My Aunt and Uncle celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary last weekend! There was a little shindig right on the water with the family and some bbq. It also decided to rain, but nobody melted and it definitely cooled things down. Aria was quite a fan of the cake too.
 
Chris and I are just past our 3rd wedding anniversary, so we've got some years to fill but I hope they go by slowly. Time is fast enough as it is. I wonder what our life will look like in 57 years.
 
Toddler's picking clothing themselves
I wonder if this is the start! Aria dressed herself yesterday. I was folding up piles and piles of laundry and as soon as she saw this dress she asked for it and then sat down and held her foot up so I could put it on her - wrong end, but close enough. Then a little while later she saw these jeggings and did the same thing. Oh, this little girl kills me with the cute. I think she did a great job, and all day I had a smile on my face when I saw her outfit.
 
blog about me side bar picture
 
18 months old
There are a couple new blog bits I thought I'd point out. I updated my side bar picture, and I always change Aria's 'meet the family' page graphic once a month.  Normally I forget to update Aria's picture in a timely manner, but this time I actually had it done and plugged in the night before she turned 18 months old. Honestly, I'm never that productive!
 
The official start of summer is just 15 days away; can you believe it? Living in Florida it definitely already feels like summer, but wasn't Christmas just the other day? Summer is my least favourite season because there is a severe shortage of holidays and it is unbearably hot outside. But, I want to make the most of each and every day/week/month/season with Aria so when Stephanie asked if I was interested in joining up for a Summer Bucket List link up I jumped right in. With so much fun to be had, it is nice to have a clear list to focus on. Maybe it is just me but sometimes when the options are limitless I can't decide. So, a bucket list is the perfect solution.
 
 So, six bloggers including myself are teaming up to share how we are crossing off our Summer Bucket lists. Here are the ladies who are going to be linking up every Friday, June 20th to August 1st. And, we would just love for you to join in!



Stephanie at Wife Mommy Me | Desiree at Macke Monologues | Jenny from The Chronicles of We
Becky of bybmg | Courtney from Sweet Turtle Soup | Elizabeth at Chasin' Mason

Two weeks from today each of us along with you (yup, you!), will linkup and share one of the 9 summer activities listed on the Summer Bucket list. What's on the list? I though you'd never ask:

Summer Bucket List activities for families
Each week, we welcome everybody to share their summer memories with us through our weekly linkup. There are 9 total activities but only 7 weeks of the link up, so there is some wiggle room. When sharing your posts and photos on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, be sure to use the hashtag #SummerBucketListFun so we can check out what fun you're having this summer via those outlets too!

If you would like a copy of our bucket list, you can find it here.

And, if you have any comments, questions, or concerns don't hesitate to ask!

Sweet Turtle Soup

Let's make this Summer one for the books!
post signature

24 comments:

  1. Excited to participate in the link up with you! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I. Want. Those. PANCAKES! Like, now. They look so yummy!! So cute that Aria's starting to pick out her own outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pancakes look AWESOME! I'll definitely be joining in the linkup - I love the idea of a summer bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aria is seriously the sweetest!! And that summer bucket list link up!! So fun!! I will definitely be participating!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm those pancakes look amazing! I love how you update your sidebar with Aria's newest information. How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. APPLE PIE PANCAKES?! Sign me up! It's my birthday in a few months, I'll be over promptly at 6am. Haha. So kidding. But they look delicious!!
    So excited to be participating in the link up with you! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE Birthday breakfasts! And those pancakes look delicious. The Summer Bucket List link up looks fun, maybe we will have to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun link up! We're working hard over here to cross things off our summer bucket list! I have to admit, it's easy to find things to do when you have a list to look at for ideas! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those pancakes!! She picked that outfit out herself?! Thats impressive mama! Good work little lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love half birthdays!! :) Those pancakes look delicious.. Ohhh, you've got me thinking of a summer bucket list!! What a fun time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The apple pie pancakes are so cute, what a wonderful idea!

    And love your bucket list! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vanilla maple butter!! WHAT. Gimme gimme.

    Dude I love it when Abigail dresses herself. There is something about it that I just friggen love. It's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe she dressed herself! That seems so young! I love that pic of her holding her teddy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your dishes!!! Wow!!! 60 years! Ugh. Little Miss is soooo stinkin' cute in #3!! Seriously! Love that little snake-in-the-grass grin too!! Ohhh I love bucket lists!!! We almost have everything scratched off from our Spring List and I'll be posting our Summer list soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those pancakes look AMAZING, my half birthday is really soon.... maybe I should celebrate with some of those myself :)!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the outfit Miss A picked out for herself! She's got great taste! And I love the summer bucket list idea. We're going to try to do a lot of these things as well, you know, in between having a baby and all. :) Can't wait to read your posts and see all the fun stuff you guys do!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much I love about this post!! You are such an awesome momma for celebrating Arias half birthday, those pancakes look amazing and I just picked up that same cup at Target this week for Savanna. I'm excited to make smoothies for her! Thanks for including the recipe for the pancakes. I'll be trying them soon! She did an awesome job dressing herself and I love that you are able to update Arias "stats" I'm not that good with a computer. :( I still haven't posted her 1 year old update yet. I'm an awful person I know..That link up looks so super fun!! I cannot WAIT to participate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those pancakes sound amazing! Arias is a little cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so excited about this link-up! How fun and original:). We just finished up our bucket list. I will be linking up with you guys for sure!!! Have an amazing weekend!

    www.windycitybaby.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Apple pie pancakes and real cake? Aria has it made!
    Can't wait to get the Bucket List up and rolling. We've already been checking off some of the items!

    ReplyDelete
  21. She is such a cutie!!! Love those pancakes and the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  22. She's super cute! :) And the link up sounds so fun! I've been plugging away at my own bucket list & some overlaps with yours so it would be so fun to join!

    agreathousewife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those pancakes sound yummy! Adorable pictures and I love the outfit Aria chose. Those are colors you don't see around my house :)) Love your new picture!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.