Monday, June 2, 2014

Eighteen Months Old

June 2nd
A year and a half old is blowing my mind. 
Gap Baby Polka Dot Dress
Gap Baby Polka Dot Dress
Gap Baby Polka Dot Dress
Weight: tba, feels like a ton.

Height: tba.

Sleep: Bedtime sometime around 7:30 - 8:00 depending on how much fun we are having. Wake up sometime around the same, but you know in the morning. Naps are back to normal after teething shortened them way too much.

Clothes: Wearing 12 and 18 months.

Diapers: Size 4 in Pampers baby dry. I am on cloth diaper strike right now. Either Aria has a bladder the size of an elephant and soaks through in two seconds flat, or the diapers are just leaking everything out...either way I'm sick of being peed on so I've just been using regular old disposable diapers. Of course, now her butt is getting irritated again, which it was almost constantly when she was in disposables as a newborn before switching to the cloth. Lame. I'm sure I'll be back to cloth again soon.

Loves: Climbing up onto chairs, standing on her rocking moose like a circus woman, getting her back rubbed, taking off her clothes, watching Frozen, feeding the dogs sticks, being outside, going places, and eating.

Hates: The usual - diaper changes, face wipes, and not being held by mama all day. Along with not having her demands met immediately and being refused drinks of mama's iced coffee.

Milestone progress: More animal signs: elephant, monkey, bird, bunny, giraffe, dog, cat, bear, lion, and fish. She also picked up the sign for baby and banana. And, she uses please and thank you constantly - it's charming. She likes to ask for something and then sign please or thank you, for example she points to your coffee and then signs thank you. Good job on being polite but sorry no coffee for you. In total she knows 20+ signs, and she picks them up so quickly now, I have to keep learning new ones myself. Working on moose, but I just learned dragon, moon, and movie too.

She is using the sounds she's made since 9-10 months ago but for actual things now. Does that count as words? She does: bird (bir), bug (bu), and down (dow).

Still potty training light. We've been pondering grabbing out her floor potty, but I think her interest isn't there yet.

She just got a set of beaba spoons and forks that she can use worlds better than the take and toss ones she was gifted. It is like night and day, I'm sad we didn't order them sooner.

She can climb on way too many things now. Chairs, boxes, etc. She will stand up on her rocking moose and then hold out a hand so you can help her down. She's tried to do the same thing with her pewi bike, but I've told her no way no how on that one.

She has learned to twirl.

Kind of a misc addition, but she likes to walk around on her tippy toes now. I know it can be a sign that she processes sensations oddly or something like that, but it seems that she just enjoys walking that way occasionally. It is pretty cute.

Teeth: We are holding strong at 9 teeth. I think it is funny that she has three bottom teeth but the fourth one is a no show, all the others seemed to pop in in pairs.

Eats: I've noticed a decided increase in her eating lately. She's trying all sorts of things and trying them more than once, which is new. She had her first apple juice a few days ago, and when I handed her a water next she took one sip and handed it right back. I think the new beaba spoon and fork have motivated her to eat more because she enjoys using the utensils, maybe it is just because they are new though.

And, just for kicks...this is a picture of Aria in the same dress, thanks Silvana!, from last June. Anybody else need a tissue?
Gap Baby Polka Dot Dress
post signature

15 comments:

  1. Happy half birthday to Aria! It feels like we just had my LO's 1 year birthday - craziness! I'm impressed that you're starting potty training already! I'm a little intimidated by that. I'll have to look into those beaba utensils; my daughter insists on using them now but has a hard time with what we have. Love the comparison picture in that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious!! And what....you don't give your kid coffee?! M is on her third cup already today! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her little dress! That's so cute. I can't believe how old they are getting. Aiden turns 15 months in 2 days too. Won't it be crazy when they are potty trained? I have a feeling that since I have a boy and I hear they take longer, that will probably not be in my near future. That's cool that she knows so many signs too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, the last picture of her in the dress! I need a tissue! I love all the photos. She's such a sweet girl, I love that she has manners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness she is so cute! I love that girls get more wear out of their clothes than boys do. That is really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww…love the comparison of photos in the same dress! She has gotten so big and "little kid" looking! I need to start being better about teaching sign to my son. My older two were both very verbal, very early on so we never really got past please, thank you, more and all-done with sign. But my son seems like he may be a bit later with talking and he is already getting so frustrated. Do you use a certain book or something or just look up words when you need them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.... already? And that's awesome you have a picture in the same dress from back when she was little. Are those sandals from the same place you told me about last week? Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. flipping adorable! such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's awesome that Aria can sign so many things! I wish that's something we would have done with our little man. It surely helps eliminate some of the guessing game (which I'm not much of a fan of). I also find it hilarious that she says "thank you" before getting the prohibited sip of iced coffee. :)
    Happy 18 months sweet, adorable little lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 18 months cutie! I love that you have those photos of her in the same dress! Make her look so much more grown up! She's a signing queen! Don't worry about words - she'll get there and then won't shut up and say things like "Hey no! Don't push buttons. I turn it off!" Ok I joke a little I actually LOVE talking. But she really well get there soon and then it'll explode! Love that she's just trying all sorts of new foods too -- although she seems like such a good eater already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard the sensory processing related to tip toeing.That's interesting! I will definitely say that Lily walks on her tip toes often and actually seems to enjoy it. Like she is being funny. Maybe they just discover they can do it one day and then do it occasionally too. She also does that with backing up too. ha! Anyway, the talking definitely comes on all of a sudden. It's like one day they wake up and have a new word, the next it's a new word, and so on. I'm definitely a fan of the 2nd year of life. So much fun! I love that you have a picture of her in the same dress from last year. So sweet! Goodness everything just changes so quickly! Happy 18 months!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously?! Cue the wedding music because that sweet, sweet little girl needs to marry my son. Haha! She is so gorgeous. I just love her little smile in the first picture!!! I also can't believe she is 18 months old. Time is flying way too fast! Mason has been walking on his tip toes for a little while now too. Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. It's a funny thing.
    Happy 18 months Aria!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is absolutely adorable, as always!! I can't believe how big she's getting!!

    I definitely need to start working on signing more with Wyatt. We do it some but it will definitely help with our communication. More times than not, he's just hungry! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this post! Glad you're capturing this season of life! I know I ALWAYS say this, but seriously, Aria is SOOOO CUTE!! Loving her sweet lit'l dress and precious smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww!!! It goes by so fast. It's true, the saying, "The days are long but the years are short" and you never realize it until you become a parent. Aria is just adorable. Love her dress.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.