Wednesday, May 14, 2014

It's the Little Things :: 14

There are so many things I've been looking forward as a mom. Those things that you've been looking forward to from that moment when you find out you are pregnant and start to day dream about what your babe will be like, who they will look like, if they will be a he or a she, and all the lovely things you want to do with them over a whole lifetime. One of the first for me was having her hold my hand, or my finger with her itty bitty newborn hand. And, now having her hold my hand when we walk around or she wants to lead me somewhere. Also, baby dance moves. They are the cutest of the cute.
 
And, another is colouring with me. 
 I have a lot of fond memories of colouring as a kid, and I've been anticipating making some more with Aria.
 We gave it a shot a few months back, but she was uninterested. Then over our Disney trip we stopped by a kidcot station to colour a Duffy bear on a stick, and she totally got into it. There were several pushy kids hogging the table so we just coloured briefly, but I was excited to break out the crayons again post vacation and see if she would play along. 
 She totally did! It was definitely a short session, but she did some colouring herself and she also handed me colours and pointed to the page so I would colour a particular spot. 
Now her first artwork is proudly stuck to the fridge, making me smile every time I see it. The purple was her favourite colour to work with, so those are mostly hers, but there are also some blue and red Aria scratches too.
I've already got visions of holiday themed colouring printables floating in my head! Being a parent is more fun than you could ever imagine (and harder, but I'm sticking with the good stuff right now).

Linking up with Ashley at Words About Waverly and Jess at Sadie Sky Boutique:
littlethingslogo
post signature

15 comments:

  1. Oh the joys of being a child again through your child! If just even makes any sense. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I too loved coloring as a kid and have been coloring with my LO a few times. The Easter Bunny brought her some jumbo crayons, so I'll have to break those out sometime soon :) Kid artwork on the fridge is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so exciting when they all of a sudden get it! I see lots more art projects in your future :) So cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!! Coloring is so relaxing to me. I'm looking forward to many quiet coloring days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love coloring as well, I can't wait for Arlo to get to that age - I have a lot of great memories coloring as a kid too. Great photos, Aria is the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE coloring and I so wish Abigail enjoyed it more than she does. Maybe someday she'll decide she likes it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW did she color in the characters?! Callie loves to scribble and draw circles but she doesn't really follow pictures much. Coloring with the kiddo is totally fun though so i'm glad she's into!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connor colors at least once a week and slowly but surely, we are getting more on the paper and it's something worth keeping and hanging on the fridge. Those crayons are adorable... did you get them from Disney?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love coloring with Lils. I swear that's all my mom did with us when we were little. I remember always coloring. It is so much fun to watch them go from scribbling to coloringf specific parts of the page too!! So exciting for y'all to share this activity!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun! I agree, having kids art proudly displayed on the fridge is one of my favorite parts of parenting. There's something so "this is my life and I love it" about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVED coloring as a kid (and still do)! I think I even had colors similar to what Aria has pictures. Sadly, Marcus doesn't seem to possesses that same love. I'm hoping if we keep trying our hand at it he will eventually come around.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, so cute! I can't wait for Ezzy's art to cover our fridge! (Right now he only wants to eat or throw the crayons.)

    The Joni Journey

    ReplyDelete
  13. So precious!! Of course I love the picture too ;) How cool that she totally got into it at those Kidcot Fun Stops (even though some pushy kids were hogging all the stuff). What a special memory that is that she had fun coloring at Epcot! Super cute post!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, so sweet! I wish Mason would color... he just tries to eat the crayons lol. Maybe one day. What kind of crayons are those? They look very kid friendly! On a side note, is she a lefty?? Mason is too and I think it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Baby dances = definitely the cutest of the cute! They make me smile so big. I love to color; Mason not so much! He’d rather draw than color. Ps – I love your crayons…I’ve never seen them in those shapes. I love that you hung it on the fridge!! Such a great reminder of a great time with your sweet love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.