Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Valentine's Day Craft Ideas

Crafting with little ones:
#1. Heart Stamps - fold a toilet paper roll, tape, dip in paint, and stamp. Good for somewhat older little ones, 1+.
#2.  Love sign using handprint and footprints - even the littlest of little ones can get in on this craft.
#3. Finger paint stencil heart - stick a heart stencil on some paper and let your little one finger paint, or take it up a notch and do a flurry of handprints like it shows in the picture.
#4. Painter's tape message - use painter's tape to block out all sorts of words or simple images and then finger paint over top, let dry, and then peel.

DIY decorating crafts:
#1. Heart paper chain - click through for instructions. I'd recommend using heavy duty paper or the weight of the chain will pull the hearts out of shape.

#2. Paper heart garland - click through for visual instructions.
#3. 'I love you because' message board - free printable, guys! Frame and write messages with a dry erase marker.
#4. Framed hearts 1 / 2 - aren't they lovely?
#5. Lipstick heart - such a fun idea.
[all images via pinterest]

A few of my favourites from pinterest. Nothing wrong with adding a few simple, diy touches to the house for Valentine's day or making a huge mess with a baby plus finger paint. I think the framed hearts is my favourite little project, maybe I'll find the time to try my hand at it soon. And, of course I'll be breaking out the finger paints. What is your favourite DIY decor or crafting with baby idea?
facebook pinterest bloglovin Image Map

14 comments:

  1. I needed some inspiration! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I've got the inspiration...I need the motivation! Good thing I still have a few weeks. I definitely want to pull out the finger paints.

      Delete
  2. I love the tape love message and the combo of hand and footprints..... although that might need to be done next to the tub with someone who jumps around like Callie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe in the tub would work too =) As long as it is dry. I put Aria in her high chair when I do prints and ply her with tiny marshmallows. So far it has worked well. The hand and footprints sign is my fave too. That one I definitely want to do. Maybe I'll truck out to the storage shed and grab my supplies today. Maybe...

      Delete
  3. Love these! Brian and I use the I love you because print out! I gave it to him a few years ago and it sits in our bedroom. It makes me giddy with excitement when he writes me messages out of no where! Such cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that is so fun! Definitely a sweet thing, and so easy to make the other person smile.

      Delete
  4. So does this mean it's not too early to get out my Valentine's day decor? I LOVE having red all over the house! Love the handprint hearts... might have to do that one with Drew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Sure does =) You are even a week+ late. As soon as the month countdown hits all bets are off for Vday decor. Not that I've gotten around to actually making any of these. But, the point is it is allowed =)
      I looked high and low for the instructions for those hand print hearts but no luck. I suppose it is decently self explanatory, but it is always nice to see how somebody went about it and if they have any tips. Hey, if you end up doing it with Drew you can post about it and tell us if it is as easy as it looks!

      Delete
  5. Alright, you've convinced me! I will decorate the house for Valentines even though we won't be home for it(going to Las Vegas, baby)! The hand printed hearts are so adorable. I want to make those heart garlands as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yay! No reason you can't enjoy it for a few days surrounding Valentine's Day!
      Las Vegas...awesome! Are you bringing Maylee? Or, going for some qt hubby and you time?

      Delete
  6. I used to work at a day care - these ideas are perfect! I looove number 2 - that looks so sweet and simple to make! Ha ha, I tried to do that heart garland with the paper strips - did not turn out so good. Pinterest fail : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good you've got experience! So far Aria and I have only done a few paint projects. One ended in pissed off baby-ness after she ate a finger full of paint before I could stop her. That was a mess. Hopefully our Vday crafts will be happier. And, she learned that finger paint tastes gross.
      That is the only I've actually done, the heart chain garland one. My only problem was that the paper was so thin it didn't hold the shape if I hung it up. Maybe you'll have better luck with a different project!

      Delete
  7. These are all so cute! I love the toddler ones. I need to do some of those crafts with Mac this year. He loves to paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paint is the only crafting type thing we've tried. I think Aria enjoyed herself to an extent. She was pretty little still when we did it back in October. I'm hoping she will get really into the finger paints this time and will like to use crayons soon.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.