Friday, November 8, 2013

The Thankful Project: Words

http://www.thechasinghappyblog.com/
Today's prompt is words.

I've been mia the last couple Thankful Project days. For one, I've never failed in my life. I am in fact perfect. Always. Or, not. Maybe the opposite because I could not think of a single failure that I actually am thankful for and learned something from. I guess when I fail, I fail. So, maybe I should work on that. For two, I'm not one of those people that always had a job. I've had two short lived sales type jobs, neither of which I am thankful for. The one job I am thankful for is being a mother, but I feel like I already covered that in my thankful role post. No need to be redundant.

Moving on.

I find words, as in writing, to be a wonderfully therapeutic form of expression. Writing about something that angers you is a great way to release the hostility. Throw everything you are feeling into words, write out all of your frustrations, and how could you not feel better. You don't even have to share it with anybody, and probably most of the time that is for the best. The same goes for any emotion beside hate - love, fear, sadness. I am thankful that you can let your mind seep through your fingers via writing (or typing) letting you work through your mental state.

I find words, as in the written word, to be the best way to paint a picture. Stories are my favourite form of entertainment. I'd rather read about it than watch it or hear it (or taste it?). You get so much more out of it when you read a story, and you have the ability to put yourself into what you read. Reading Harry Potter vs watching the Harry Potter movies - barely comparable, and I enjoy the movies. But, the books are amazing. You get so many more details that you could never get out of a movie. I am thankful that there are people that can translate these amazing creations from inside their heads onto paper so that I can live in their words.
facebook pinterest bloglovin Image Map

3 comments:

  1. The written word -- so true! I've always loved books better than movies, tv (although like I said i've been bad about that lately). Writing/reading such powerful things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wanted to be a writer, but I've never been able to create something amazing. I definitely wish I had the talent of a story teller.

      Delete
  2. I wholeheartedly agree! It's completely like therapy to write and/or read something that cuts to your core...just amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.