Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Thankful Project: A Talent You Have

http://www.thechasinghappyblog.com/
Today's prompt is a talent you have.

I'm not sure how talented I am at this, but I am thankful that I try to capture and create memories. I love to scrapbook. I have scrapbooked everything since 2003 plus a few highlights from years past, and while I am behind by about 2.5 years I do work on it when I find the time. I love to take pictures. And, I appreciate how others capture beauty in a moment of time with a camera - something I strive to do myself. I love to find experiences for Aria to partake in, even though she is oh so small still. Right now I am creating memories for myself, but one day those memories will be for Aria too. And, when she can't remember I have documented just about everything in thousands of pictures, photo books, eventual scrapbooks, and this blog.

I am thankful that I want to record and preserve my daughter's life for her. I am thankful that I work at improving that skill every day - writing better, taking better pictures, making the time to paint little hands and finding ways to make the simple every day things a little more festive.

Just the other day my husband mentioned that he was glad I had poured so much time and effort into this space, because if anything ever happened to me Aria would always have this not only as a record of our time together but a little piece of me to keep. When you are a mommy blogger you always think about how your child or children will react to a blog that is mainly about them - will they care, will the be appalled? But, I know I would have loved to look back on something like this from my childhood. Hopefully, Aria will feel the same one day.
facebook pinterest bloglovin Image Map

8 comments:

  1. I think you are amazing at creating memories! At least in the short time I've been following your blog I've been super impressed! It's defiantly a talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So sweet of you to say so.

      Delete
  2. You do such a great job! It's funny that you mentioned about how this space would be a place for Aria to have if anything ever happened to you. From working in a hospital, I often see how tomorrow isn't always promised. I think of that often and would hope that even if I didn't make it to see tomorrow, that McKenzie would know me, know how much I loved her and get a glimpse of our life. It's a special gift we're leaving our little ones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try not to think about it too often myself, I prefer the don't think about it-it won't happen option-denial option. Much safer for my nerves.

      Delete
  3. I think blogging is an awesome momento of the blogger if god forbid anything were to happen to that person! I picture Aiden reading my posts when he gets older someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Aiden and Aria both enjoy all our hard work and memory saving!

      Delete
  4. I love this--you are definitely talented in these areas! I never really thought about the fact blogging would be a great memento if anything happened--yet I have had thoughts of printing mine out one day (the baby relevant posts anyways), so thank you for giving me a plausible reason for my husband as to why I blog (he's not really a fan ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying so =) I hadn't either until my husband mentioned it in the car the other day. I was like sad...but true. That is too bad your husband isn't on board, mine wasn't for a while and then I guess changed his mind after he saw how much I enjoyed doing it.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.