Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Thankful Project: Catching Up

http://www.thechasinghappyblog.com/

Well, look who got behind...

Prompt #10 is a memory.

I am thankful for the memories I have of my papa. He passed away over a decade ago, when I was still in high school. My grandparents adopted me when I was a baby so my papa was my dad. But, I am thankful to still have him in memories. He was always the man behind the camera, or the camcorder - I'm thinking it rubbed off. He literally videotaped all Christmas morning, he set up a tripod and it recorded it all. He loved to dance, and he always reminded me of Frank Sinatra. He was a hard worker and always came home smelling like wood, he was a carpenter. The first thing he did when he got home was wash his hands and then give kisses. He always got up at the crack of dawn and took naps on the floor. He was a great papa and I miss him. What I miss most is that he never got to meet Aria though, he would have been smitten. But, hopefully she will know him even a little bit through my memories.

Prompt #11 is something you were taught.

I'm sure there are so many other things I've been taught that I could mention, but the first thing that came to mind was something my papa taught me. He taught me to walk with my feet straight ahead. He always said keep your feet straight, don't walk like a duck. If you walk with your feet turned out then you look sloppy and lazy. It is just a silly thing that has always remained with me, and I always walk with my feet straight ahead. And, I'm not so much thankful for the lesson itself but that it reminds me of my papa almost anytime I am walking.

Prompt #12 is an opportunity.

I am thankful that I've had the opportunity to be a part of the blogging community. I love writing about Aria and our life, I love having an excuse to take picture after picture, I love learning how to make a button and edit simple code, and I love getting a peek into the lives of many other bloggers.  I've had nothing but a positive experience interacting with other blogs, and I genuinely love having a little back and forth between people. I'm thankful for having this space to call my own and that other people enjoy reading about Aria and us as much as I enjoy reading about their lives.

Prompt #13 is an ability.

I am thankful for the ability to do yoga, like I can physically bend and stretch and twist and breathe. I can't stand on my head or become a pretzel or anything. I just love how good I feel after doing yoga. It is especially great after a day of carting around an almost one year old, bending, picking up, etc. I am thankful that I know the book of poses and routines so well that I can whip out a couple while Aria plays nearby. I am thankful that I have a way to loosen the knots and release the tension and relax.

Today's prompt is a blessing.

I feel like I have so many blessings to be thankful for that it was hard to pick one to write about. But, I decided to go with the blessing of health. And in particular Aria's health. I've already mentioned that she was born a little over 5 weeks early, and so many things could have gone wrong that didn't. She was a little trooper, and full of zest right away. But, I am also so thankful that she hasn't been sick yet (everybody knock on wood with me, mmkay). She hasn't had a cold, a runny nose, a fever, or an earache, etc. I know it will happen sooner or later, but there are few things worse than when your baby isn't feeling well. I'm lucky that I haven't had to deal with that yet.

Not only has Aria been a healthy baby, but I haven't been sick this year either. It is hard enough taking care of a baby all day when you are in tip top shape, but it is downright rough doing it when you feel like crap. And, a baby won't understand that all you want to do is sleep for a good 30 hours. So, I am thankful that we've had a pretty healthy year. Chris had a mild something or other going on a while back, so not a perfect year but definitely pretty good. Hey, 2014 - let's keep up the good work!
facebook pinterest bloglovin Image Map

5 comments:

  1. What sweet memories of your papa. I can't imagine making it almost a year without a cold -- for you or Aria -- good work mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that Aria has never been sick! I wish I could say the same. Wyatt has his second cold right now...dang cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to rarely get sick. It is my husband that usually is under the weather, thankfully just little ailments that he can push through. But, when I get sick...I get sick. So, let's just not even do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should probably give Florida some credit for keeping us healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well glad you don't get sick often then! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.