Monday, September 23, 2013

Mommy & Me Monday

The first of the fall decorations made their way up this weekend. Literally only a of couple things because for some reason finding the time to DIY anything with a 9 month old is challenging, who knew?

The first thing that went up was this wreath on the front door. I've never made a wreath before, but I am semi obsessed now. I have 4 more in the works. Cutting those felt roses out took way longer than I anticipated, but I love how they turned out. It is like being greeted with a colourful smile!
Aria noticed it every time we stepped into the foyer. Maybe she will have the decorating gene!
I am linking up with Dear Owen and Everyday Love today. 
I think the concept behind this link up is great - the perfect motivation to step in front of the camera rather than always being behind it.
My Everyday Love

15 comments:

  1. First time by the blog, love your wreath & your little girl!!! :)

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on the wreath! I wouldn't have done any hand made decorating when my Little was 9 mo so be super proud of what you did!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks =) It took me a week of my evening "free time".

      Delete
  3. Love your wreath! Your mini is a doll :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your wreath! Your mini is a doll :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wreath and totally agree that DIY is SO hard with a 9 month old...or 14 month old...or kids in general!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoot! It doesn't get super easy in like half a year...? Maybe she can help out in a year or two though. Although that might not really make it easier, but definitely sweeter.

      Delete
  6. Love that wreath! You did good, yes DIYing with a little one is NOT easy! Those sweet Mommy and Me pics are the best! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! For some reason I wasn't anticipating how much trickier it would be to decorate this year. Silly me.

      Delete
  7. Absolutely love that wreath! I need to make mine ASAP. Of course love the picture of you two as well! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great link up! Happy to have found it. Thanks for saying hi!

      Delete
  8. So cute!! Isn't fall the greatest?! We just put up our fall wreath as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Fall is the greatest. I'm always baffled when I find a person who is obsessed with this season. Wha...

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.