Thursday, June 27, 2013

Monthly Things

I apologize for a lack of posts this week. I have been blessed with a terrible headache for three days now. Basically, I just haven't felt like thinking or looking at words. Or, moving. And, Turtle has decided that diaper changes are the worst thing ever and consequentially screams the whole time. Thanks, kid.

June is almost over. The 4th of July is a mere week away. Unfortunately the hubs has to work so we don't get to do anything overly exciting. And, I don't have any idea what we will end up doing. What I would love to be doing is going to the Magic Kingdom for their fireworks show - you can't beat that.

Um, I have an almost 7 month old. You think I wouldn't be so surprised each month, but no. I just realized that she is closer to 1 year old than she is to the day she was born, and has been for 25 days. 24 days? I suppose I should start planning her birthday...well, concrete planning since I have been daydream planning it since before she was born.

Without further ado, this month's things...

I am in love with how colourful Song of Style's dress is - I want. The Dapper Bun's pink skirt and black top combo is perfection, great details on the top. Beauty and Bows' skirt is simple and cute, but scratch the bag. Glitter and Grace's t-shirt is too funny - Turtle's Godmother would rock it.
[ 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 ]
image via Glitter and Grace

Second paragraph...enough said.
[ 1 ]

Baby Stuff - Little Baby Garvin's tiny furry chair is awesome, I want one in my size...and a matching one for Turtle of course. From Wise Baby, love #7 the wooden teether in the shape of a state but #2 the blabla doll creeps me out. Under 'loves' from Strawberry Swing and Other Things, that water table is now on my list of things Turtle needs next year.
[ 1 / 2 / 3 ]
image via Little Sapling Toys

Clever! Ohdeardrea's activity bags to open while mom and dad are away, smart. And, curling your lashes with a spoon? Who knew.
[ 1 / 2 ]
image via The Beauty Department

Some of the recipes I pinned this month. I keep seeing banana pancakes, and I am dying to try them - if I ever remember to not eat my bananas. Polenta for breakfast? I am intrigued. Turtle loves zucchini, I bet she would love these stuffed ones. Creamy baked 4-cheese pasta, yeah that so has my name all over it. How could you go wrong with a spiked strawberry lemonade?
[ 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 ]
image via Inspired by Charm

Good thoughts, good advice on My Soul is the Sky. I love, love, love this quote over at The Bauble dept. - "The cure for anything is saltwater: sweat, tears or the sea" - Isak Dinesen.
[ 1 / 2 ]
image via The Bauble Dept.

I love home designs, and remodels, and that window seat with stained glass, the coffered ceiling, and that blue and white striped rug.
[ 1 / 2 ]
image via Honey and Fitz

This did not help me with my itch to take Turtle to Disney at all.
[ 1 / 2 / 3 ]
image via The Art of Making a Baby

I finished reading Dan Brown's Inferno, and it ended up being my favourite of the four - just as I predicted last month. Since then I've been slowly working my way through Karen Marie Moning's Highlander series. I am only on the 3rd, but they keep getting better - writing wise.
 image via Goodreads

I've been loving this song by Icona Pop all month. It is so damn catchy and upbeat. Perfect for diaper changes, I'm telling ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.