Monday, May 13, 2013

Blog Every Day In May :: I Apologize

Today's topic: Issue a public apology.

I thought I would apologize in advance to my daughter.

"Dear Turtle,

I'm sorry if I cry dropping you off on your first day of school, I promise to try and hold it back until I am alone.

I'm sorry that I will freak out anytime a bug or spider wanders too close, please feel free to share those kind of adventures with daddy.

I'm sorry if I make you angry with a decision. Being your mother means I get to make the final choice and whatever it happens to be will be in your best interest. I hope you'll understand one day.

I'm sorry if you get shots at the doctor's office. And, I'm sorry if I make you take foul medicine. Nobody really enjoys that, but it is part of life. I've gone through the same thing.

I'm sorry if I can't help you with fractions - not really my strong suit. But, luckily daddy is good at math. I'll proof read your papers if you need me to.

I'm sorry if you still have to learn cursive in school - yes, I agree, it is a complete waste of time.

I'm sorry that I will inevitably embarrass you in front of your friends.

I'm sorry if your feelings will get hurt by a friend or a peer. I hope you will always be the bigger person.

I'm sorry that teenage drama will feel like the most important and monumental thing in the world. I hope that your dad and I have nurtured your character well enough for you to take the best from any challenges.

I'm sorry that growing up will sometimes be a crap shoot. It is for everybody at one time or another.

I'm sorry if I lose my temper or react poorly to a situation or forget to listen. Feel free to (respectfully) put me in my place.

But, I'll never be sorry that you are my daughter. And, I am so excited to watch you grow up...just not too fast.

Love,
Your Mother"

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.