Tuesday, May 7, 2013

5th Month Favourites


Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes - I had shown this to Turtle before, but she didn't much care. When I brought it out at the beginning of April, she was all over it. We sat at the table and it was the first time she really worked on grabbing. The next time she got in her jumperoo she was all over the toys with her hands, and she'd always kept her hands at her sides before. It was like overnight she found out she could use her hands. I'm crediting the take along tunes.

Nuby IcyBite Hard/Soft Keys - Out of all of her teethers, I think this is her favourite. She has big rings, little rings, squares, and figure eights, but she always goes for the keys first. Plus, babies and keys, there is like 400 years of evidence that all babies love keys. Fact.

Bright Starts Snuggle & Teethe Monkey - Oh my gosh, the crinkling. Turtle loves it. I hang it on her bouncer and she is entertained for so much longer. I take it in the car and hook it to the car seat with a couple links and I can hear her crinkling away back there. She still screams 75% of the time, but there are a few minutes of peace with the crinkle monkey. And, it drives the hubs crazy - bonus! Payback for the rattle on the jumperoo that drives me up a wall.

Books - In particular, book pages or pieces of paper. She has her favourite AAA Florida attractions pamphlet tucked into the end table by the couch. And, she helps me flip pages when I read to her. Both the hubs and I love to read, and I would be thrilled if Turtle has the same love.

Links - I'd been meaning to pick up a packet of links for a while, but finally got around to it in April. These things are so handy. When I first busted them out, Turtle and I sat on the floor and played with them all by themselves. They are extra easy for her to grasp. We also use them to connect all sorts of toys to stationary objects so whatever we are playing with doesn't end up on the floor. And, I've mentioned linking them to the car seat and bouncer for added entertainment. But, please remember not to link them too long or in such a way that your child could get them wrapped around his or her neck - that would just break my heart.

Sunhat - This really should have been part of 4th month favourites, but it slipped my mind completely. If you've been reading since the beginning you will have seen pictures of Turtle wearing dad's big floppy green hat. I finally found one Turtle could call her own. I had to go online for it because there were zilch in the stores I checked. It is a tinge big right now, but I figured I'd order it a size bigger so I wouldn't have to get a new one right away. The string under her neck is a must for keeping it on her noggin, plus she likes to get it in her mouth and suck on it.

Aveeno lightly scented Baby Wash - We initially had a bottle of California Baby Tea Tree & Lavender baby wash, but I found the smell unappealing. I prefer this smell much more. It is light and smells just how a baby is suppose to smell. One negative I found though is that with the California Baby you only needed a pea sized dollop, but the Aveeno doesn't lather up as well so I find myself using a decent bit more.

Earth Mama Angel Baby bottom balm - We have used Balmex, Desitin - regular and extra strength, Boudreaux's butt paste, and bottom balm. I love the bottom balm. I like the butt paste the least, we have a huge jar of it because there was a sale on it around black friday. It is nearly gone, but I don't think it is a good match for Turtle's bum. I think the Balmex and Desitin kept the rash at bay better. Now that we are using cloth diapers and bottom balm, we rarely have any issues. I'm still lathering her with the remainder of our butt paste and Desitin supply at night (waste not, want not), but the bottom balm seems to actually sooth and clear up any irritation the best. It comes in such a tiny jar, but you don't need to lather it on and with cloth diapers you don't need to put it on every diaper change. So, I think it will last a long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.