Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Loving Lately - Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo

I love, love, love these pots.

I don't tend to wear a lot of products on my face, although these days I need the world's best concealer for my dark eye circles. But, I like to wear eye makeup - especially something fun and colourful. These Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo pots do the trick. The colours are all so pretty. And, best of all they stay put for-ev-er. They've never creased on me. No point in putting it on if it all ends up in your crease. They work great as a lid base to darken or smoke out or whatever else you do to your eyes, as well as a liner. They apply so smoothly with your finger and feel so creamy. People compare them to MAC paint pots, but I've never used any so I'm not able to comment.

I have 5 of these babies - Inked In Pink, Electric Blue, Bold Gold, Painted Purple, and Edgy Emerald. The pink and blue are from the Metal collection, and the remaining three are from the original collection. I love the pink and gold together for a softer feminine feel. I've used the blue to create a smokey eye type look. And, I've used the other two as a liner alone. I haven't even had them a month yet. And, I already have my eye on Pomegranate Punk and Tenacious Teal. But, I would have no problem collecting them all.

Right now there are only 14 colours in two collections. But, I'm betting they will come out with more - everybody seems to love them. I decided to get my first one based on a tutorial I saw over at My Soul Is The Sky (I don't recall exactly which one because I've pretty much watched them all - I love this one using the Electric Blue though), and four more quickly followed.

Pros: The shadow is vibrant, it stays put and lasts all day, and it has a creamily smooth application.
Cons: Limited colours available currently.
Cost: Right around $6.00
Rating: 5/5

*Full disclosure: I'm not affiliated with this product. I have not been compensated in any way. All opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. OMG...I LUB these! I only have two so far; gold and silver but they do the trick. My mom isn't so keen on them because sometimes they do get a bit caked up if it's too dry. How do you keep it from getting that way or do you have to keep replacing them like I do?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.