Thursday, March 28, 2013

Love Is In The Air

Turtle in February.

  Turtle turned 2 months old on February 2nd, and that night she slept through the night for the very first time. February 3rd was the best day ever! I was ready to take on the world. Guys, I've got this, I am well-rested hear me roar. It pretty much marked a turning point for me. Even if she didn't sleep through the night every night, she did often enough for my functioning self to return. Ahh it feels good to be back. It is so much easier to tackle Turtle's need to never stop moving during the day when she lets me sleep all night.
Getting her to sleep was another story. She hated bedtime, and had since the beginning. She would get bathed, and read to, and fed, and rocked, and walked, but she would fight sleep and cry until she wore herself out. Sometimes she wouldn't pass out until 11pm, midnight, or 1am. When she got to sleep she had no problems staying asleep, but I think we all dreaded bedtime. I tried all sorts of tweaks, but nothing seemed to help. And, then sometime during the last week in February she started going to bed just fine. We've stuck to that routine since: bath around 6:45, see hubs off to work around 7:10, then have her nighttime feeding until she is full, and rock to sleep.
I'm not sure what is going on with her face in the above picture, but it makes me laugh every time I see it. She kind of reminds me of Smeagol (from The Lord of the Rings...you see it, right?).
I saw Little Baby Garvin's Harper wearing her onesie on top of her bottoms and it pretty much changed my life. For some reason I find this 4000 times cuter than tucked in to the pants.
One of the questions the hubs asked me while I was pregnant was when can we take the baby to the beach. He was so antsy to show her the ocean. I told him she needed to be at least 2 months old, so mid-February we took her for her first beach trip. She got to dip her toes in the wet sand as the water receded and then hung out between daddy's legs with the warm sand between her toes. I think the verdict is still out on whether she liked the experience or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.