Tuesday, December 6, 2016

[Foodie for a Year - link up #4] - Holiday Goodies

[Foodie for a Year - link up #4] - Holiday Goodies

Hello, hello! It is our last Foodie for a Year link up today. The final category is 'a holiday goodie'. My favorite kind of category. My plans went a little askew when Lincoln was born a few days before Thanksgiving along with the addition of a spinal headache to recover from. So, instead of sharing the recipes I planned on testing over the Thanksgiving holiday I will be sharing a few of the recipes I make over and over again around Christmas.

[Foodie for a Year - link up #4] - Holiday Goodies
These are the cookies we make for Santa each year. And, just for fun when the mood strikes as well. My favorite bit is that they don't require chilling. Tasty and easy.

I think my favorite part about these cookies is the subtle cinnamon flavor combined with the chocolate cookie. Definitely one of my favorite cookies.

[Foodie for a Year - link up #4] - Holiday Goodies
I'm not a fan of the flat gingerbread men type cookies, but these soft gingerbread cookies with white chocolate in the center are delicious.

I love making fun popcorn. I made some of this peppermint bark variety to gift to friends a few years back and I ended up sneaking so many tastes I didn't have enough to give to everybody. Oops.

I am not really a big fan of nuts in general. I'm not even sure where the idea to make glazed nuts came from. I felt like trying my hand at it and they turned out so delicious. My mouth is officially watering.

Sweet Turtle Soup


So, now it is your turn! Please share your favorite holiday treats with us below. Fingers crossed I'll find the time and use of both hands to make one or two yummy recipes this month. At the very least Aria and I will whip up some Santa cookies! You can also share with us using the #foodieforayear on instagram and twitter.




10 comments:

  1. Holiday recipes are my favorite!! I'm hoping a cookie exchange this weekend and can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookies. Must eat all the cookies! I've never tried the crinkle cookies with cinnamon. I do have a crinkle cookie recipe that uses nutella though....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love peppermint bark so that popcorn sounds amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man I want to make some of those glazed pecans. If for nothing else just to smell them. They always smell SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much yummy! I want to try those glazed pecans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peppermint Bark Popcorn is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, all of these look so yummy! I hope the headaches have subsided?

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound aaaamazing!!! Not amazing? Feeling icky around the holidays. Ouch ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im a huge fan of peppermint bark and popcorn- I know what Ill be eating soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.