Tuesday, September 20, 2016

The End of Summer

It is becoming more and more apparent that summer is at a close. I wish it were more apparent in the weather, but I have my fingers crossed that it will be soon. And, even I am caught off guard by how quickly September is passing. Not two weeks until the start of October, and the first day of Autumn is mere days away. On the one hand I can't wait, but on the other I am a little behind with my to do list.

A combination of the quick passing of time and being a little bit more pregnant every day has left me with an incomplete summer bucket list. Normally not finishing a list makes me cringe, but in this instance I'm just letting it go. It doesn't even bother me in the slightest, which is completely unlike me.

Instead of sharing the fun we might have had in St. Augustine (pregnancy exhaustion put those plans on hold) or from visiting a splash pad (too many rainy days squashed those plans), I thought I would do a quick summer wrap up. Memories were made, a great many naps were taken, and many hours in the water were logged. And, even though I could use a wee bit more energy most days I am trying to savor all the moments we have left as a family of three.

So what were we up to this summer...

We checked off 10 of 12 from our Summer Bucket List.
Sweet Turtle Soup - The End of Summer Wrap Up

A lot of time was spent in pools both large and small.
Sweet Turtle Soup - The End of Summer Wrap Up
Sweet Turtle Soup - The End of Summer Wrap Up
Sweet Turtle Soup - The End of Summer Wrap Up
Sweet Turtle Soup - The End of Summer Wrap Up

We celebrated the Fourth of July.
Sweet Turtle Soup - The End of Summer Wrap Up

And, we celebrated Christmas in July.
Sweet Turtle Soup - The End of Summer Wrap Up

Sometimes it rained. A lot.
Sweet Turtle Soup - The End of Summer Wrap Up
Sweet Turtle Soup - The End of Summer Wrap Up
 
I did a bit of growing.
Sweet Turtle Soup - The End of Summer Wrap Up
Sweet Turtle Soup - The End of Summer Wrap Up

But, most of the time we entertained ourselves around home while I tried to keep myself from melting in the heat.
Sweet Turtle Soup - The End of Summer Wrap Up
Sweet Turtle Soup - The End of Summer Wrap Up
Sweet Turtle Soup - The End of Summer Wrap Up
Sweet Turtle Soup - The End of Summer Wrap Up
Sweet Turtle Soup - The End of Summer Wrap Up
Sweet Turtle Soup - The End of Summer Wrap Up

I love that this kid has a blast no matter what season it is. Here is to cramming in all the fun we can manage for her last few weeks as an only child!

15 comments:

  1. Despite the rain and heat I think you guys had a great summer. I love that you did Christmas in July with Aria. Such a great idea and something she'll remember. You definitely grew an adorable baby bump over the summer. :) It's amazing what the body can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you are giving yourself grace on the list. We rarely finish all of ours but with older kids who initiate things more, it is getting easier. It looks like a fantastic summer friend. Can't wait to see all of the excitement that will come with fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great Summer you had! I'm sure you are ready for that Florida heat to tame down a bit though =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh mama, I feel you on the exhaustion. Aria's so sweet though - looks like she's having a blast no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer heat and pregnancy is the worst. It looks like you made the very most of it though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys had a great summer...aside from the heat & exhaustion for luggin' that baby boy around. ;)

    I love the pictures of Aria playing in the rain. She is so dang precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh what a great summer you guys had! And yes absolutely let it go! All things can be pushed off when one is pregnant! Especially pregnant and the summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Courtney, this post is wonderful!!! I loved every single picture. You all had such a wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your summer was a good one! You did all the things that make summer pretty spectacular. And, I'm so beyond jealous you had some rain to play in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love all of these pictures, especially the one of A playing in the rain and running with the kite, both framers, or put it on a huge canvas somewhere in your house. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your pictures! I still say if you ever want to adopt a 30 year old, Im that gal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It really looks like you guys had the best summer!!! Aria is definitely going to remember it as one of the best as her last as an only child :)
    Despite the fact that you still had 2 things to check off, I think you did a great job and then some!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, so much pool fun! I feel like we slacked in that area this year. Those rain pics are my fave. You guys get so many great shots right on your porch. Aria's last summer as an only child was definitely memorable, but her first summer as a big sis will probably be even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how much time Aria was able to spend in the water! Our pool did not have a big workout this year. Hopefully next year it will though! Good job not stressing about finishing the list- take it easy for as long as you can! Crazy that Aria will soon have a sibling! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.