Wednesday, August 10, 2016

National S'mores Day Blog Hop - S'mores Milkshake


Smile! Today is National S'mores Day! There is nothing like a national holiday for an excuse to indulge in a little treat like s'mores. And, today I am joining up with a few other bloggers to share our take on s'mores.

I'm not the biggest fan of s'mores, but milkshakes are right up my alley. So, I thought I'd try my hand at making a s'mores milkshake. Definitely less messy and I've been craving all things cold this pregnancy so a nice cold toasted marshmallow milkshake sounded like just the ticket.

Aria came into the kitchen while I was whipping this milkshake up. She asked what I was making, so I told her a s'mores milkshake. She said that didn't sound very good and could she just have a toasted marshmallow instead. Fast forward to my taking pictures of the end result on our back deck and asking Aria to hold the cup for a second....next thing I know she's chugging it. She was very reluctant to let me try any. When she finally did I understood her reluctance though. Cold toasted marshmallow-y ice cream, so amazing.

Do yourself a favor and mix up one for yourself!


S'mores Milkshake 

Ingredients:
  • 9 marshmallows
  • 2 cups of vanilla ice cream
  •  1/4 cup milk
  • 1 graham cracker sheet
  • chocolate syrup

Directions:

Toast your marshmallows. You can use your broiler for this. Place your marshmallows on a baking sheet and broil for 30 seconds to a minute. Keep a close eye on them so they don't burn. Or, if you have access to a nice fire you could do them the old fashioned way.

Add the toasted marshmallows, the vanilla ice cream, and the milk to your blender. Blend well. The toasted marshmallow like to stay stuck in clumps, so it may take longer than your average milkshake to get a smooth consistency. Give it a stir to check.

Break up your graham cracker into crumbs. Pour a little bit of syrup in an empty glass around the sides. Then pour your milkshake into the glass. Top with the graham cracker crumbs and optionally another toasted marshmallow. Serve immediately.


You are definitely going to want to check out the other recipes being shared today!
 
Foxy's Domestic Side S'mores brownies
Work it Mommy S'mores popcorn
Living on Cloud Nine S'mores Cheesecake cups
Chasin' Mason frozen S'mores cups 
Our Pretty Little Girls S'mores Bars
Sweet Turtle Soup S'mores Milkshake

Happy snacking!

20 comments:

  1. Yum! The milkshake is a great idea. I never would have thought of that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I have all the things to do this RIGHT now. Is it too early for a milkshake?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! I'm so excited to try this! While I do love the traditional s'mores, I definitely love a milkshake! I'm so excited you shared this recipe! Now if I only had vanilla ice cream... I'd make this tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds soooo good!! Your girlie drinking her yummy s'mores shake is so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you I hate the mess of the real thing. But this looks SO good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh, yum! Add a lil PB in there too & I'm totally sold! Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umm... that looks wonderful! I love s'mores!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love s'mores and I love milkshakes - better believe I'll be trying this. I love that Aria didn't want any, but ended up chugging it. Mila downright refuses to even try a milkshake of any flavor. Kid doesn't know what she's missing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a dangerous blog hop you guys are hosting ;) Perfect summer treat. And too funny how Aria didn't want any and then drank it all. Sounds like a certain toddler I know...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yum!! This sounds amazing right now. I bet Reese would love it too- she's a big fan of s'mores and keeps asking when we'll make some.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ive been dying to get my hands on your recipe since you said you were making a milkshake! I have to make this today, better buy some ice cream ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH my goodness! This sounds so good! What a great recipe you made up! I'm with Whitney, need to go buy some ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  13. uummmmm... heck yeah!! Right up my alley with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep, this looks and sounds amazing. Anything with s'mores and I'm like, "FEED ME!"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoa this sounds delish! I wonder if marshmallow fluff would be easier/just as good?

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds amazing! I am a huge milkshake fan!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my word! That looks like a little slice of heaven in a cup!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.