Tuesday, August 2, 2016

[Foodie for a Year - link up #4] - Quick Bowtie "Lasagna"

Sweet Turtle Soup: [Foodie for a Year - link up #4] - Quick Bowtie "Lasagna"
Sweet Turtle Soup: [Foodie for a Year - link up #4] - Quick Bowtie "Lasagna"
Sweet Turtle Soup: [Foodie for a Year - link up #4] - Quick Bowtie "Lasagna"

Welcome back to another month of the Foodie for a Year link up! Today's food category is 'a quick and easy weeknight meal'. This one had me stumped for weeks. I am not known for my quick and speedy kitchen skills, just ask Chris. My version of a quick meal takes me about an hour. I figured nobody else would agree with that. In the end I finally remembered a quick pasta dish that I like. I don't make it very often though because nobody else will eat it. Aria hates red sauce and Chris doesn't like pasta. I will save a bowl of plain noodles for Aria though and with a little butter and parmesan she's happy. Chris gets the short end of the stick and survives off of leftovers. But, if a pasta craving strikes I know I can whip this one up pretty fast. If your family will actually eat pasta though, this one is much tastier than I thought possible for such a short period of cooking.

Recipe from Tasty Kitchen.

Quick Bowtie Lasagna

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 5 cups bowtie noodles
  • 3 cups red sauce
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
Directions:

Brown the ground beef in a pan. Set aside.

Boil water for noodles. Cook according to package. Drain and drizzle with olive oil. Return to pot. Mix in red sauce. Add in cooked ground beef, salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, mozzarella cheese, and sour cream. Fold together. Cover pot over low heat for about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.

Serve immediately.

Sweet Turtle Soup: [Foodie for a Year - link up #4] - Quick Bowtie "Lasagna"
Sweet Turtle Soup


So, please share all your quick recipe gold with me! I need all the help I can get in that department. Link it up with us below! For more details check back on this post. Remember the next Foodie for a Year link up is on Tuesday, October 4th - the theme is a slow cooker recipe! You can also share with us using the #foodieforayear on instagram and twitter!




17 comments:

  1. Chris doesn't like pasta? That's unheard of. Ha ha! Great recipe! I make something really similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I have some sauce that I made in a big batch... I may use that and add the cheese and bow tie pasta tonight, cause this sounds amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at quick :P. This looks great. Bowtie pasta is always a hit in our house too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so easy and so yum! I'd put ground turkey as I don't eat beef but it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been craving pasta lately! And I am so happy that there have been a few pasta dishes in this link-up so far! This sounds delicious and I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Lily is the one in our family that doesn't like pasta. I'm okay with it, but it definitely isn't my fav but both boys will gobble dishes like this right up! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just pinned something like this but I'm just gonna steal your recipe! Looks sooo good! That is a bummer Chris doesn't eat pasta! Who doesn't like pasta?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just pinned something like this but I'm just gonna steal your recipe! Looks sooo good! That is a bummer Chris doesn't eat pasta! Who doesn't like pasta?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I make something similar but with peppers, pepperoni and black olives. It's so good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's weird, I usually overlook pasta too. Joe is more of a rice fan and Ez only likes mac & cheese so it just rarely happens. It is so quick and easy to doctor up though. I think 30 minute recipes always take me twice as long because I'm not a fast chopper. I prefer to keep all my fingers, thank you. Prechopped veggies make life much easier, but they cost more, so it's a dilemma.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum this sounds delicious! And super simple too--the best kind of recipe! Thanks for the easy meal idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kinsey is a butter and cheese gal too. Im shocked you guys dont eat pasta but thats only because I could eat it every day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. No pasta? No red sauce? Girl, you have you hands full with meal planning! No wonder your quick meals take longer. This look delish, super easy, and fast you hit the mark!

    ReplyDelete
  14. No pasta? How is that even possible?! I'm not sure there's ever been a week where we haven't had pasta of some sort.
    This looks freaking delicious, and I know my family would gobble it right up. Totally giving this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo, this sounds good! We don't do a ton of pasta (I'm a big fan, but Scott and Reese aren't - what is it with husbands and toddlers? :), but I really like this recipe. Saving this one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YUM!!! This sounds and looks delicious! I can't believe Chris doesn't like pasta... such a shame. We are all pasta lovers over here and bonus points for a quick and easy lasagna! Totally trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks delicious! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.