Wednesday, August 17, 2016

25 Weeks (Baby #2)

hump day bump day, bump picture

How far along - 25 weeks, due November 30th.

Gender - A little gentleman.

Cravings - Fruit and sweets.

Aversions - Tums apparently, and warm water.

Best moment - Watching baby boy do the wave across my stomach. I could watch it all day.

Looking forward to - Thanksgiving. It's a wee bit early even for me, but give me all the Thanksgiving food!

Miss anything - Not having heartburn.

Movement - Tons. And still nobody else has felt it. Although Aria keeps pretending that she can every time she touches my tummy. She's in for a surprise when he actually kicks her.

Other pregnancy symptoms - No matter what I eat I seem to get heartburn at the end of the day, and I've discovered that Tums make everything worse. It's a fun nausea and heartburn combo. I'm exhausted this week. Aria has been curling up with me on the couch daily for a movie and mommy cat nap. And, then I'm usually falling asleep at my computer by 8:30. The back and sciatic pain has been really nice to me this week though. Still getting the dizzies when I'm up and about for too long, especially if it is hot...which always. As soon as I sit down under the AC vent and guzzle some ice water I feel fine.

Aria's thoughts - I think her little brother is on her mind even more than on mine. She's always bringing him up and talking about him to strangers. "I'm going to be a big sister! Mommy's having a baby boy!"

At night before bed we do a group family hug before sending daddy back to work and she has taken to hugging my belly while saying she's keeping baby brother from getting hurt or squished. She's also been pressing her face into my tummy and sniffing. "I'm just smelling the baby mommy. Mmm he smells good!" And, she is very excited to hold him too. "Mommy is having a baby, and I get to hold him!"

17 comments:

  1. When I was pregnant, I used to get really short of breath and dizzy, so I relate and feel bad for you! So cute how much Aria talks about her little brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Aria is going to be an amazing big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the heartburn, no fun at all. :( Aria is just too cute! She's gonna love on that little man so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL- smelling the baby? :D She's so funny! Sorry to hear about the heartburn :( I lived on Tums for both pregnancies, so it stinks that they aren't working for you. A daily snuggle and nap with Aria sounds nice though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you are excited for Thanksgiving.....you could have a baby by then if you go a little early. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's on to something though babies do smell so so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I love all of the things Aria has to say about him! So precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get heartburn at the end of every day too, no matter what I eat. Some things make it worse, but it's always there come bedtime. I'm sorry Tums have been making it worse - it has to be awful to have no relief. If you happened to read the comments on my post yesterday, Julie from The F Family Files said a shot of apple cider vinegar each day worked for her heartburn when she was pregnant. Maybe try that out? Aria is so, so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh, heartburn is the worst. With Emmy it seemed like it didn't matter what j ate and I got it every night. Aria is so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know they say the more heartburn, the more hair! My dr recommended Mylanta kept in the fridge and oh my word, it was such sweet, cold relief. It was almost indecent how much I looked forward to those swigs from the bottle in the wee hours of the morning lol. Your bump is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness still nothing huh?! I thought that sneaky method would surely work. Hopefully soon friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Since you're having heartburn but hate TUMS, try papaya enzymes! They are my favorite and way better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are adorable! I am melting over the group hug.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are just so darn cute, I love what Aria says about Baby. You are going to loe these in 10 years and reading back when the kids are fighting, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The heartburn - oh no!
    So sweet Aria curls up for a little nap each day!
    And, I'm totally falling asleep by 8:30, and I'm not pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love Aria's thoughts on these posts. She is just going to be a great big sister. I cannot wait until she really gets to feel him move & smell him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love the Aria bits of these posts. She's such a great big sister already. If I did these updates about Ez back while I was pregnant it would've been complete and utter denial until a few days after Declan was born ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.