Wednesday, August 3, 2016

23 Weeks (Baby #2)

bump date

How far along - 23 weeks, due November 30th.

Gender - A little gentleman.

Cravings - Peanut butter, cookies, and bananas in rice krispies.

Aversions - Fish.

Best moment - Seeing a few kicks from the outside. It's so weird, I love it.

Looking forward to - Getting my last internal ultrasound out of the way. Fingers crossed they don't schedule me for any more. It's fun to get a glimpse of him, but it's a pain to bring Aria and it's sucking up insurance funds.

Miss anything - Wine. I could go for some Bunratty Meade.

Movement - He is wiggling around in there all the time, especially at night. Or I just notice it more at night. But nobody else has felt him still. Maybe this is the week!

Other pregnancy symptoms - All the sciatica pain. Before I would wake up with a clean slate and by the end of the day it would be giving me grief. Now I wake up and it still aches and then gets worse as the day goes on. Pretty much the only symptom, but it's a doozy.

Aria's thoughts - I think some sort of realization that she won't be the only kid around has dawned on her. On the way home from swim lessons she said "You aren't bringing the baby in my room, are you?" I said the baby would be with mommy a whole bunch when he is very little so if you want mommy to come in your room then the baby would come too, is that okay? She said "Okay, but will he eat my books?" I said he wouldn't be able to grab books for a while, so she has a long time before she needs to worry about that.

Aria has been missing Disney lately I assume because she has been bringing it up a lot. She said "Disney doesn't let baby brothers come in." I said oh they sure do! She said "No, no grandma can watch baby brother while we are gone." Then strollers came up and she said "baby brother can ride in the bottom". Oh she cracks me up, but sounds like we have some work to do haha.

14 comments:

  1. You look great and so happy!! I love these posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol it is all sinking in now :P. Every week I am shocked that another week has passed already. He'll be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha she sounds like a true big sister. I'm sure she'll be crazy excited when he arrives though...or when she gets to feel him kick. I'm sorry about your sciatica pain, I hope it starts giving you a break soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ride in the bottom of the stroller. Ha! Sounds like Lily. I hope no more internals either. Such a pain!! I don't feel like anyone really ever felt Ben on the outside either. He wasn't much of a kicker. Lily was though, oh boy. Do you think he is going to be your little spit fire?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep the brother away from the books!! That's a true bookworm right there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, she's having pre baby jealousy! I'm sure she'll be ok once he's actually there - with some adjustment of course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, Aria is just too cute. Baby Brother can ride on the bottom, LOL, too funny. Yuck, internals are no fun! I hope this is your last one too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a bummer about the sciatica pain. I had brief stints of that with Marcus, a bit more with Julia (even after she was born). I hope that goes a way quickly.
    LOL - Aria!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man! Baby brother can ride in the bottom of the stroller but he can't come to Disney. Yikes! Guess she thinks that he's the reason that you guys can't go to Disney right now and she's trying to find every way around it. Poor girl. Hopefully when he comes, she's so excited and wants to show him everything that Disney has to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How are you 23 weeks already?! Aria's comments crack me up :) I love that he can ride in the bottom of the stroller and has to stay home when she goes to Disney :D Kids say the best things sometimes. Oh the book eating - Charlotte chews on them nonstop and I'm going to have to replace a few of our favorites. Goodnight Moon is destroyed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, I am SO mad at myself for my lack of reading I've been able to do here - I didn't know that you were having a lil boy! That's awesome! I am so happy for you! Congrats!!!! :)

    It cracked me up that Aria is worried about her baby brother eating her books. Tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would totally recommend a double stroller, Kinsey's only big regression was wanting to be in the stroller all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness look at that bump! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bananas and Rice Krispies, that's a good combo! Very clever rationalizing on Aria's part. I think Ez would tell her the baby will definitely eat her books. And everything else. Best to cross that bridge when you get there though ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.