Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Stitch Fix Review - #2

Sweet Turtle Soup: Stitch Fix #2 (maternity)
I got my second Stitch Fix a couple of weeks back, but just now am finding the time to share what I received! It's too much fun getting a box full of clothes to try on, and this box was full of maternity choices. And since showing off the bump is one of my favorite things it was extra fun to have a maternity fix.

So, here is what I got in my fix.

MADIGAN LAREN LACE DETAIL KNIT TOP

Navy blues are one of my favorite colors to wear so I was excited about this top. And, when I saw the detail on the shoulders I was even more excited. Anything lace detail, sign me up.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Stitch Fix #2 (maternity) - Laren Lace Detail Knit Top by Madigan
Sweet Turtle Soup: Stitch Fix #2 (maternity) - Laren Lace Detail Knit Top by Madigan
Sweet Turtle Soup: Stitch Fix #2 (maternity) - Laren Lace Detail Knit Top by Madigan

So. much. material. This is probably the stretchiest maternity top I've ever had on, which is probably a blessing come 8/9 months along but it was a bit overwhelming on my then 18 week bump. I could pull it down all the way and have a dress.

The material was soft but clingy thin. You could see the outline of my bra, which I really dislike. I could probably have worn a thin tank underneath it, but in Florida...during the summer...layers just aren't that great.

The color also had a purple-y tone to it. Tone? Is that the right term... I wasn't a big fan of the purple.

It was almost a hit but those few little drawbacks were enough for me to send it back.

verdict: returned.


LOVEAPPELLA MATERNITY OASIS TWIST SLEEVE KNIT TOP

More blue! Hooray!

Sweet Turtle Soup: Stitch Fix #2 (maternity) - Oasis Twist Sleeve Maternity Knit Top by Loveappella Maternity
Sweet Turtle Soup: Stitch Fix #2 (maternity) - Oasis Twist Sleeve Maternity Knit Top by Loveappella Maternity
Sweet Turtle Soup: Stitch Fix #2 (maternity) - Oasis Twist Sleeve Maternity Knit Top by Loveappella Maternity

I loved everything about this top except the twisted sleeves. They were awkward to position, and I thought they just downright looked odd on me. It also had a lot of stretch like the lace detail top, but not as extreme. And, I really loved that color of blue but the twists were a no go.

verdict: returned.


EIGHTY SIXTY GABRE EYELET KNIT MATERNITY DRESS

When I picked this dress up it looked like it had a lot of material to it, but I was loving the eyelet.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Stitch Fix #2 (maternity) - Gabre Eyelet Knit Maternity Dress by Eight Sixty
Sweet Turtle Soup: Stitch Fix #2 (maternity) - Gabre Eyelet Knit Maternity Dress by Eight Sixty
Sweet Turtle Soup: Stitch Fix #2 (maternity) - Gabre Eyelet Knit Maternity Dress by Eight Sixty

I slipped this dress on and it was as soft as butter. Soft and stretchy and light. It was love at first feel. I just can't say enough lovely things about this dress. It's super comfortable while still looking put together. And the back neck scoop is lower than the front neck scoop, which I thought was a really fun detail.

verdict: kept!


RENEE C JORDIE ABSTRACT PRINT MAXI SKIRT

I wasn't so sure about the print when I pulled it out. It's certainly out there and a bit crazy.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Stitch Fix #2 (maternity) - Jordie Abstract Print Maxi Skirt by Renee C
Sweet Turtle Soup: Stitch Fix #2 (maternity) - Jordie Abstract Print Maxi Skirt by Renee C
Sweet Turtle Soup: Stitch Fix #2 (maternity) - Jordie Abstract Print Maxi Skirt by Renee C

I ended up liking the print better on than off, but it was still a bit more crazy than I prefer.

It wasn't a maternity skirt but stretchy enough to accommodate the bump. Plus, I could wear it after this pregnancy as well.

It was thick enough that I didn't have to worry about underwear lines too, which I appreciate.

I wavered back and forth on whether I wanted to keep it or not, but in the end I felt that the print was too much. I certainly liked it though, but no where near as much as I loved the eyelet dress.

verdict: returned.


LOVEAPPELLA GARNET KNIT MATERNITY MAXI DRESS

I was excited for both a pink item and a maxi. I love a good maxi dress.

Unfortunately as soon as I put it on I saw a quarter sized hole between the top and bottom sections. It was certainly soft but it also felt like it would fall apart especially since it already was. The pattern also reminded me of a rug. Even without a hole it wasn't a keeper.

I contacted costumer service to let them know about the defect, and just sent it back with the other items I didn't want.

verdict: returned.


THE RESULTS:

Laren Lace Detail Knit Top by Madigan ($) -- returned
Oasis Twist Sleeve Maternity Knit Top by Loveappella Maternity ($) -- returned
Gabre Eyelet Knit Maternity Dress by Eight Sixty ($88) -- kept
Jordie Abstract Print Maxi Skirt by Renee C ($) -- returned
Garnet Knit Maternity Maxi Dress by Loveappella ($) -- returned

1/5 this round

I had a blonde moment and threw away my piece of paper that detailed all the prices, so the only one I know is the one I actually purchased. Oops. I do think it was the most expensive of the bunch though. Naturally.

TELL ME A LITTLE MORE ABOUT STITCH FIX

If you haven't heard about Stitch Fix it is a really fun service where you are paired with a stylist that hand picks 5 pieces of clothing for you to try on in the convenience of your own home. Getting started is easy. You just answer a few questions to create your free style profile. And, when you are ready you can schedule when you want your fix to arrive. For a $20 styling fee, you will be paired with a stylist that will review your style profile and even check out a specific pinterest board where you can pin all of your favorite styles before selecting 5 items they think will be perfect for you. Your fix ships for free. When it arrives you have 3 business days to try everything on to see what you love and what you want to send back. After you've made your decisions simply return the items you don't want in the provided pre-paid shipping envelope, keep what you love, and check out online.

If you happen to love all 5 of your items, you even get 25% off the total. And, you can use your $20 styling fee towards your purchase so an instant $20 off anything you decide to keep.  You can also choose how often you want to receive fixes - every few weeks, every month, etc. Or, you can manually schedule your fixes to suit your needs.

If you haven't tried it yet, I'd recommend you sign up (with my referral link if you so desire) and get your first box. It is really exciting to find a box full of lovely clothes sitting on your door step.

AUGUST STITCH FIX LINK UP
Check out some other Stitch Fix posts shared by bloggers too. Head over to Crazy Together to find them!

Share Pics Of Your Fix Button


18 comments:

  1. I love that they have maternity items because as Mommas we sometimes need the extra room when growing a human.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the eyelet dress that you kept! It looks great on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress you kept. Eyelet is always a favorite of mine. I see what you mean about the pattern on that skirt too, but my "inner gypsy" is kind of loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look great on you but I especially like the dress you kept!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is perfect!! I love the eyelet detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that eyelet dress, looks SO GOOD on you!! I like that twisted tank on you but can see where the straps could be awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's cool that they have maternity stuff! I love that dress you kept. I think the twist strap one looked really good on you, but I can see that becoming annoying or frustrating. I too am a blue gal - blues and greens are mostly what I wear :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! Funny with the twisty shirt, I thought I really like that detail on you! :) Glad you kept the eyelet dress, lookin' good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that dress! I have my first maternity fix coming in August and I'm excited to see what they send!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you chose well with that dress! Although I love that maxi skirt too! Crazy pattern and all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the twisty sleeves on that blue top! So different and cute. But, I can see where they would be awkward. Love the dress that you kept!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really liked that blue color on you with that second top, really pretty but I can see how it would be awkward. However, I think that the black dress was a good call on the "keep". It looked great on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. They did a pretty good job! I liked all the tops and the maxi! But you picked the best one! I love that black dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You looked awesome in all of it
    But, I really LOVED that blue twisted tank on you. The color was awesome and I really liked the twist, it was a fun, different detail.
    That maxi was cute and different, too! I've never seen any maxi prints like that.
    But the black dress. SWOON! Solid keep right there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always want to keep the most expensive things too! Isn't that how it always goes lol.
    I LOVE the item that you kept! That eyelet dress is so pretty! Honestly, I think I would feel the same about the skirt as you did, but once you had it on, I love it! I don't think the pattern is too much, but of course, I always feel differently about things when they're on me than someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Liked the look of the strap details but you know Im all about comfort. That black dress is perfect on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great fix! I love the lace detail on that top! The black dress is stinkin' cute! So glad you kept it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That dress you kept is perfection!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.