Tuesday, July 5, 2016

A Day in the Life - Summer & Holiday Edition

Our day: Monday, July 4th, 2016 - Aria is 3 years and 7 months.

3:13 am | I heard Aria crying for me. She got up to go pee and wanted help wiping her tush. Jams back on and tucked into bed, she went right back to sleep. As did I.

7:20 am | My alarm goes off. I check the monitor. Aria is actually still sleeping. Unusual. She is normally already awake just hanging out in bed. I wake myself up by fiddling around on my phone - emails, facebook, instagram, etc.
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition

7:30 am | Aria's light turns green. She's still asleep. It's like a little gift to start the day.

7:44 am | There she is awake now. She's hitting the floor to come into the bedroom. I turn off my monitor and pretend to be sleeping. She climbs into bed and jumps on daddy. Then wakes me up with a snuggle. She doesn't agree to just laying in bed with mom and dad for an extra hour, so I get up and follow her to the bathroom. Then she gets dressed and gets her hair combed - she calls her tangles dragons...so we battle dragons on the daily. I unplug her monitor and Christmas tree, and open her curtains.
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition

8:07 am | We get the dogs from their beds and take them outside.
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition

8:13 am | The dogs are back inside. When dad is home we postpone their breakfast until he wakes up. It usually takes some convincing to get Baxter to go to the bathroom before his kibble, and then they both come right back in so they can moan by the bedroom door until they get fed.

8:14 am | We brush teeth - Aria is getting better at spitting. I comb my hair.

8:20 am | We take a clean teeth selfie.
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition

8:21 am | Aria painted some paper plates the other day so we could make a Fourth of July shaker. We staple the plates, add some rice, and staple the rest of the way around. Shake, shake, shake.
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition

8:38 am | I ask Aria if she wants to help make pancakes for breakfast. I realize we don't have all the ingredients for our usual recipe, so we look one up real quick.

8:45 am | We find one, and start to make our pancakes.
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition

9:00 am | I realize I haven't eaten anything yet and I'm feeling nauseous. I grab a protein bar and take it to the couch to sit for a few minutes. I read Three Billy Goats Gruff to Aria and then I feel better, so back to pancake making.

9:18 am | Chris wakes up.

9:19 am | Aria and I finish mixing the pancake batter. She hops down to play pretend 'make this kitty talk' with great grandma while I fry up some bacon and pancakes.

 9:27 am | Now that Chris is up I go get dressed. Chris feeds the dogs and Aria comes in since her parents were out of sight for 3 seconds. I go back to breakfast making. Aria plays with dad in the living room.

9:31 am | The dogs are done eating and want back outside again. Chris let's them out. Aria runs back and forth between the outside and the kitchen. I'm making smoothies as well, so Aria and I scream for fun while the blender is loud. It's the little things...

9:44 am | Aria lands herself in a timeout when she hits me over something involving the smoothies. I'm not sure what, but it didn't suit her apparently. She went to her room for a couple minutes then came back out when she was ready to be nice. She got her hands washed when she came out.

9:52 am | Time for breakfast.
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition

10:21 am | Done with breakfast. I clean up plates and the kitchen while Aria and dad throw some poppers.
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition

10:30 am | After the poppers, Aria and dad come back inside to play pretend 'make this kitty talk'. Aria's most favorite game and she would literally play it all day every day if anybody else could handle such a thing.

10:32 am | I'm done with the kitchen. I join in on pretend kitties for a few minutes.

10:39 am | I ask Aria if she wants to paint her nails for the 4th of July. She does. I turn on Paw Patrol and paint her nails and toes. She lets them dry while she watches her TV. I paint mine to match as well. Red, gold, and blue!
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition

11:30 am | Paw Patrol is over, nails are dry. Aria wants to go play outside in the water. Daddy fills the pool with some air, it deflated a bit. I turn the hose on for Aria and she fills up her little pool. After a little bit she wants a popsicle. I get her an orange one.
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition

12:05 pm | Pool time is done. I dry Aria off and get her dressed. Then daddy and Aria wrestle in her room for a few minutes.

12:13 pm | I got out the ingredients to make Fourth of July rice krispie treats. I ask Aria if she wants to help. She does, but mostly she just wants to eat the marshmallows and rice krispies. I realize we don't have enough rice krispies for three layers so we make red and blue treats, although the red looks more like pink. It's the thought that counts.

12:47 pm | All done with the treats. Aria goes to play with daddy while I clean up the mess.

12:57 pm | Chris normally doesn't eat carbs but splurges on holidays so he wants to go get a sub for lunch. I double check that they are open on the 4th of July then we get ready to go. I feel like getting a sub from Firehouse, it's been years, and Chris has a love for Jersey Mike's so we hit up both.
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition

1:53 pm | Home again, and with subs. Aria ate the chips from my combo on the drive and is covered in cheese. She also got a grilled cheese, but doesn't like the cheese so she just eats some blueberries to go along with her chips. Chris eats his gigantic sub in the time that it takes me to eat half of my turkey sub. Mine was hot but during the car ride it got a bit smooshy. I guess I should have eaten it in the car. It was still tasty.
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition

2:16 pm | Done eating. I clean up while Aria plays talking kitties and centipede with dad.

2:20 pm | Aria lost her temper when something didn't go exactly the way she wanted her pretend play to go so she started to throw things. She got sent to her room to calm down. She comes back out and says sorry then plays with dad some more.

2:37 pm | I ask Aria if she wants to do some stamping. She says yes, so I prep some star shaped potato stamps. I didn't have any mini star shaped cookie cutters so I did it free hand. A little wonky but it works.

2:44 pm | Stamps are made so Aria stamps several pieces of paper. She actually stamps instead of slides the stamp around, much better than the last time we did potato stamps! They turned out extra cute.
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition

3:01 pm | Aria was ready to stamp the rest of my paper stash but I cut her off after 5 pieces. She asked if it was rice krispie treat time yet, so I told her she could have one after I cleaned up the paint.

3:07 pm | Aria and I get a treat square for a snack. I like to use extra marshmallows for extra yumminess.
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition

3:17 pm | Done eating our treats. I unsticky Aria's fingers.

3:19 pm | Aria wants to go swinging with dad. It's starting to look like it might rain so they hurried on out just in case it did. It ended up just looking dreary but no sprinkles. I got to plop down on the couch for a little half-nap while they were swinging, thank you pregnancy exhaustion.
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition

3:50 pm | Back in from the swing. Chris grabbed me some tums because heartburn. Aria entertained herself for a bit.

4:17 pm | The tums did their magic, so I asked Aria if she was ready for her bath and she was game. We used the last of her bubbles. Aria got clean and played with her cups. She eventually soaked me with a few splashes so that ended bathtime.
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition

4:57 pm | Aria got dried off and dressed. I was chewing a piece of gum because I had a headache and hoped it would help. So I'd blow her a bubble and she'd pop it. Another favorite game. Then we made a contact paper stained glass star with red, white, and blue tissue paper.
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition

5:38 pm | Finally done with our star. We went on the hunt for a star shape to trace and then eventually printed one off. Aria picked the window on the back door to tape her star to.

5:40 pm | Daddy took over the entertaining so I could take a shower. Aria dragged him to her room to play don't break the ice game.

6:10 pm | I got out of the shower and got dressed. Then I put on the Lorax movie for Aria. She snacked on some grapes and french fries for dinner while watching it. I worked on typing up some of my DiTL notes.

7:45 pm | The Lorax is over. Aria is full but has a few fries left so I tell her to give them to daddy. She throws them away instead. Such a sweetheart. We take the dogs outside. I empty her pool for the night. Aria helps and soaks her dress in the process. The firecrackers are starting to go off and the dogs are hating it, so they go back inside.

8:08 pm | I'm rethinking letting her stay up late for sparklers after hundreds of "Aria don't do that".

8:15 pm | It's not quite dark out yet but I'm over this whole stay up late for the holiday thing. So, we gather up the little bit of fireworks we bought - sparklers, pops, and some sort of exploding star firework thing. Aria puts her rainboots on and we go light, throw, and set off things. It took Aria some warming up to the sparklers before she would hold one but then she loved it. I got eaten by mosquitos even with bug spray. Aria didn't get a single bite, so yay for that.
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July EditionSweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition

8:41 pm | Done with our fireworks and it is absolutely bedtime. Aria does her special naked dance before I talk her into getting into her jammies. Since it is so late we only do one book. Aria picks a Star Wars book for dad. Then we do lights out and songs followed by good nights. Chris usually stays in Aria's room on his night off and holds her hand, but since he had four nights off we alternated. It was my night tonight. So Chris says good night and then I do.
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition
Sweet Turtle Soup - A Day in the Life: Summer & Fourth of July Edition

9:15 pm | I'm out of her room. Aria was out cold in minutes, even with the bombardment of fireworks going on in the neighborhood.

9:27 pm | I gathered up my notes, water, and camera before getting in bed to type up the rest of my notes for this post. I also put on The 10th Kingdom for background entertainment.

10:40 pm | Caught up with the notes, now onto editing the pictures.

11:11 pm | I realize how late it is so I let the cat have his last eat for the night and let the dogs out. Refill my water and then hop back in bed to keep working on pictures.

11:47 pm | Yawn. Too tired to finish the pictures tonight. I go get Aria for a midnight pee before I call it a night.

The end.

For the rest of my DiTL posts, click here!

13 comments:

  1. You guys look like you had a great day! Those rice krispie treats look so yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool that Chris was off for a few days! I love that Aria calls her snarles, dragons. Too cute. And YUM Firehouse subs. Those are some of my favorites. Gotta love pregnancy heartburn - not. I hope you don't have it too bad. Mine was terrible both times. We debated letting Reese stay up for fireworks this year, but she had a super short nap on Saturday, and they didn't start til 9:45, so that was a no go. Quite the full day you had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Aria calls her tangles dragons! That’s adorable. I’m just sitting here picturing you two screaming while the blender is going. Haha! Firehouse Subs is my absolute favorite. And yes to extra marshmallows in the rice krispie treats. Yum! So festive, too. What a busy day you have! I’m exhausted just reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dragons! I love it! And Liam still cannot spit out tooth paste which really just blows my mind. He doesn't blow his nose either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a festive day packed full of wonderful activities! Such a good mama! I can't believe you wake her up to pee! Letty would NEVER go back down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great day! Tums are definitely life savers when pregnant! Glad you got some relief!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just reading your day makes me tired, I can't imagine doing it while pregnant. Aria looks so stinkin cute in her rainboots. I really wish Mason would do crafts with me. He gets me that 'are you kidding me mom' look haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want some extra marshmallowy rice Krispy treats...yummm! Reading this reminded me of the If You Give a Mouse a Cookie book. One thing always leads to another with toddlers. When you send Aria to her room does she just willingly go or is it more of a kicking and screaming thing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always have such packed days. It's crazy. I love that she calls her tangles "dragons". Too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, yea, we did all of our fireworks during the day. The sparklers weren't as bright but I couldn't handle the bedtime crazies that come out! ;) Those rice krispy treats look amazing, please share!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay a DITL post with Chris all the way in it, instead of just stopping in for lunch and dinner :) You guys are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like that Aria calls her tangles dragons and you said you battle the dragons on the daily. It makes it fun instead of a chore! Though I guess battling dragons really isn't all THAT fun...?
    I love that Chris was home for this whole DITL!
    You guys were so festive with all your crafts and your baking. I love to use extra marshmallows too in my rice krispie treats! My MIL actually got a package from Trader Joe's that were super good. I think I'm gonna try those next time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.