Wednesday, July 13, 2016

20 Weeks (Baby #2)

Sweet Turtle Soup - baby bump #2, week 20
How far along - 20 weeks, due November 30th. Halfway there. I actually cannot believe it. When my Doctor said I needed a cervix check at 22 and 24 weeks I thought that it was many more weeks away. Then my jaw hit the floor when I realized I was almost 20 weeks. I'm happy to blink away this miserable summer, but as soon as the holidays hit it is time to slow time down so we can have all the fun!

Gender - If you didn't see yesterday's reveal post, we are having a BOY! Oh my gosh. I'm so excited...and terrified.

Cravings - Red grapes and they continuously look like crap at the grocery store. Hot drinks, which is just crazy in this Florida summer heat.

Aversions - Fish. I may be scarred for life from cooking Chris some fish many weeks ago, but everything else is a-ok.

Best moment - Having our anatomy scan and seeing that the baby was growing right on schedule. And then having Aria pull the string on our pinata to shower out blue confetti. Blue. I still can't believe it. Also, the baked beans were perfection at our reveal BBQ and I pretty much had an entire plate of those.

Looking forward to - Endlessly debating names!

Miss anything - Sitting on the floor comfortably.

Movement - I found out that I have an anterior placenta at our anatomy scan so now I know why I haven't felt as much movement yet. Although I am feeling more now, but last week I was only feeling the pops and wiggles sporadically. I was a little bummed about the lack of movement, but I'm happy that I've felt some good wiggles over the past couple of days.

Other pregnancy symptoms - I deep cleaned the house in preparation for our reveal BBQ and my back was super angry with me about that. But, on the plus side I was so busy it kept me from getting the mid-day pregnancy exhaustion.
Because Aria was preterm I've been monitored more closely this time around - I've had three ultrasounds so far with two more scheduled over the next four weeks. Yay for ultrasounds but annoyingly they are of the internal variety to check on my cervix. And, my OB's office just got in my shipment of Makena injections, which will hopefully help keep this baby cooking for longer. So that means I get to go in once a week for a shot in my rear, which is as delightful as it sounds.

Aria's thoughts - When she pulled the pinata string and blue came out. I leaned down to ask her if she knew what blue meant. She said something along the lines of 'but I wanted a baby girl'. Poor thing. I'm sure she will come around when she gets to help out and love up on her baby brother. There were two newish babes at the BBQ, and Aria just could not help enough. We also have a new name suggestion. Polka Dot. First and middle name. So maybe I won't have to debate names with Chris...=)

17 comments:

  1. Halfway already, wow! So excited about a baby boy! One of each is so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh poor girl! I know a baby sister would have been magic too but there's nothing like a baby brother! I speak from experience! And Polka Dot! Well done! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha Polka Dot! My 3 year old suggested we name our new baby "Sprinkle Pop", so I think our preschoolers win for most creative names ;)

    Sorry about all your back pain. Have you considered getting a support belt? I just ordered one and I could not be more excited for it to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still looking good and I'm loving that dress! Those cervix checks - I don't envy you that you have to have more than the norm. I only had one or two near the end with Mila and I remember them not being particularly pleasant. But I'm jealous of your extra ultrasounds. My anatomy scan was our last one. I can't wait to hear what name you guys decide on! Besides Polka Dot, of course. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Polka Dot is a very cute name...for a cat maybe, haha! Your dress is adorable. It's perfect on you. I'm with you yay for ultrasounds but boo for internal ones (I have a retroverted uterus.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love the name Polka Dot! When I was pregnant with my 2nd and we knew he was a boy, I wrote a list of names. My husband saw it and added Elmo to the list. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. But I wanted a baby girl, aaawwww. She will totally come around in no time at all. I can't believe your half way there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on getting to the half way mark! I will be 25 weeks tomorrow...time just will not slow down!!

    Chels @ Red Velvet Rooster

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo! Half way! My second pregnancy just flew by! It's crazy how fast it goes! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOLY COW - HALF WAY!!! This is crazy to me, as I swear you JUST announced your pregnancy.
    When I was pregnant with Marcus I could NOT stand the smell of peanut butter. And, just the thought of peanut butter made me gag. It was so weird. It didn't take long after he was born to get over that. I hope the same goes for you and fish.
    Awww. Aria. Once that little bundle arrives she'll be positively smitten with her little brother.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Polka Dot sounds perfect to me! Brantley's most recent suggestions for mine have been Nemo and Barney!!! And booo to weekly shots. My neighbor just had her third baby and went pre-term with each of her first two, but this one cooked until 39 weeks, so here's hoping yours does the same!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think its a kid thing being so contrary because Kinsey wanted a sister up until she was told she was going to have one, then it was all "brother" this and that lol. How early was Aria again, a month? Good luck with those shots, they sound... pleasant ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on baby polka dot! LOL. Man, Aria knows how to pick the names. You know she's going to be set on it too since she didn't get her baby sister. You might be in trouble! Tell her that can be his nickname :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love Aria's name suggestion :) I think Reese had suggested Peaches for Charlotte, haha. I haven't heard of Makena shots; those don't sound fun. Still can't believe you're at the halfway mark!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha I love Aria's name suggestion! And boy names are SO HARD. I don't envy you that debate!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait to hear what name you guys settle on! That is a sad response regarding the blue thing. I felt the same about my bros, but they grow on you ;) The shots every week thing is rough. Sorry mama! Hoping they do their job and baby stays in there full term. Do they have any idea why Aria was born so early?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can’t believe you are already half way there! And halfway to meeting your BOY! So exciting!!! I can’t wait to hear his name. You are looking adorable! I love that you include Aria's thoughts in these posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.