Thursday, June 9, 2016

The Picture Perfect Project: 12 in 2016 - June

photo challenge 2016, take a photo every month in 2016
"I Love my Rain Socks"

Welcome back to another month of the Picture Perfect Project. I am joining up with Beth of Our Pretty Little Girls, Whitney of Work it Mommy, Stephanie of Wife Mommy Me, Elizabeth of Chasin' Mason, and Desiree of Macke Monologues to encourage you to challenge yourself in 2016 to take pictures daily, monthly, weekly, or any combination under the sun. And, then link-up with us on the 2nd Thursday of each month to share your progress. Challenges are always more fun when you do them with friends.

My challenge is "12 in 2016" - taking a photo of Aria once a month all year. Not just any picture (because I can usually be found behind my camera) but a picture where Aria is both looking in my direction and with a genuine smile. Some months are more successful than others but the only picture you regret is the one you don't take.

Are you sensing a little deja vu from May's PPP? At first I was waiting for the sunshine to come out for a minute so we could go on a dry little photo shoot. When that didn't happen we embraced the dreary rainy days and had a wet photo shoot instead. I like to take Aria's picture decently close to the link up date for this project, and this is what the past few days have looked like. Real life. Halloween pajamas, yellow socks that look like rain boots but in fact do not keep your feet dry (who knew?), and a rain coat.


Sweet Turtle Soup

Please link-up any photography challenge you've been working on this year below! The link-up will be open until the end of the month, so add your link anytime between now and then. You can also share your pictures on instagram or twitter using #thepictureperfectproject. And, don't forget the next link up is on July 14th.

17 comments:

  1. Ha ha! This pictures cracks me up! I love that she has on socks. Such a beautiful girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so stinkin cute in her raincoat! I meant to tell you but forgot :( our Target has toddler rain boots with yellow, pink, and blue stripes on clearance for like $12! Maybe your-some will have them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain socks! Oh my cuteness!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!!! She is killing me in this picture!! Love that rain jacket, but how does she not get annoyed with wet socks?! That's like the worst feeling ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty girl. And is she rockin' Halloween pajamas?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god at first I thought she has on boots! So much rain lately I'm over it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, I totally thought she had rain boots on till I read your description, LOL. Send some rain our way, we could use some! I like that you took her picture just the way life is...fun and messy and never coordinated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too bad they didn't keep her feet dry - that would have been great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The yellow socks may be my favorite part, they look like they could be little yellow wellies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this photo of Aria! And I love your goal... want to know my secret for a genuine smile from kids? Find something really ridiculous and put it on your head and then say, "Is there something on my head?!" be ready to snap and you'll get it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Courtney, this photo is just too cute! I didn't realize till you mentioned it that she was wearing socks instead of boots :) Adorable! If the universe were fair her wee socks would have kept her feet dry for her :) have a great weekend, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rain socks, that's funny. She's so stinkin' cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aria looks perfectly adorable in that pink coat! And rain socks....I die! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I read the "rain socks" caption the Pete the Cat, I Love My White Shoes verse instantly popped into my head!
    Such a little beauty, and looking more and more like her momma every day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol where can I find these "rain socks" you speak of ;).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.