Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Eating Around the Magic Kingdom

One of my favorite things to do at Disney World is...eat!

Today I'm sharing our favorite eats at Magic Kingdom. It's not quite the dining spot that Epcot is, but you can still find some rather tasty treats and meals between rides. A few of our favorites didn't make it on the list because of recent menu changes - specifically the fancy waffle fries (BLT fries, gravy fries, pulled pork fries...) at Golden Oak Outpost. It was one of our favorite things to eat at Magic Kingdom, but now they only offer boring naked waffle fries. Break my heart, Disney. However, while we mourn the fancy fries we can still look to these other eats to fill our tummies during a day at the Magic Kingdom.

Walt Disney World dining, Magic Kingdom, Favorite Food at Magic Kingdom

-snacking-

ONE: Caramel Apples from Main Street Confectionery or Big Top Treats at Storybook Circus - there are so many over the top and fun caramel apples to find on Disney property, I especially love the holiday themed ones.

TWO: Chocolate Covered Pineapple from Main Street Confectionery - there are so many delicious things to pick from at Main Street Confectionery as well as Big Top Treats. It is hard to choose. I loved the chocolate covered pineapple I tried on Aria's third birthday.

THREE: Mickey Ears Ice Cream Bar from various carts around the kingdom - a quintessential Disney World treat. Not just at the Magic Kingdom either, you can find them at any of the parks and several resorts. I cheated and used an Epcot picture, but it's the only mickey ears ice cream bar picture I could find. Clearly I need to take more pictures of food.
Walt Disney World dining, epcot, Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar

FOUR: Mickey Head Pretzel from various carts around the kingdom - I usually go for the sweet treat while at Disney, but when I need a salty snack I turn to the mickey head pretzel.

FIVE: Strawberry Sunday from Storybook Treats - this menu has also been downsized recently, but my favorite still remains...the strawberry sundae. Aria and I always split this, and we almost always get it when we go to Magic Kingdom. What is a day at Disney without ice cream?

SIX: Cinnamon Roll from Gaston's Tavern - this may be my favorite cinnamon roll I've tasted on Disney property. It is gigantic and amazing. I love getting to Magic Kingdom early, hitting up all the heavy hitters in Fantasyland, and then ending up at Gaston's for a huge cinnamon roll.
Walt Disney World dining, Magic Kingdom, Cinnamon Roll at Gaston's Tavern

-quick eats-

ONE: Fruit Waffle with Chocolate Hazelnut Spread from Sleepy Hollow - out of everything I've eaten at Magic Kingdom this is probably my favorite of all, especially with my beloved pulled pork waffle fries eliminated from the menu at Golden Oak Outpost. Yum-my.
Walt Disney World dining, Magic Kingdom, Sleepy Hollow Fruit Waffle with Nutella Spread

TWO: Pot Roast Macaroni & Cheese from The Friar's Nook - if you aren't overly hungry this is the perfect quick lunch. I found it rather filling myself, not to mention delicious. They also offer a bbq chicken macaroni & cheese that I'd like to try.

THREE: French Fries from various counter service spots - Aria has never been much of an eater when we aren't home. Things she loves at home, she won't eat when we are out of the home. The one thing she will eat anywhere are french fries...and fruit too. She'll even eat a plain waffle from Sleepy Hollow. But, for the most part her Magic Kingdom menu looks like fruit, fries, and any treats we splurge on for that particular trip. Our favorite counter service spots for fries are Columbia Harbour House, sit upstairs and by a window to watch Liberty Square/Fantasyland traffic. Pinocchio Village Haus, sit by the windows overlooking Small World. And, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe, we like the windows that look out to Cinderella's Castle.

-restaurants-

ONE: Tony's Town Square Restaurant - I just adore this restaurant. I love the Lady & The Tramp theme, even though I don't particularly care for the movie. We haven't been in a long time, and I don't think we've ever brought Aria so we will have to add it to the to do list. The zucchini fries are a must.

TWO: Be Our Guest, dinner - just walking inside is a real treat, it is stunning. My favorite is the ballroom, especially the windows, but you absolutely need to take a tour of each section. The food was also very good. Trying it out for lunch has been on my to do list for a long time as well, one day we will make it.
Walt Disney World dining, Magic Kingdom, Be Our Guest

THREE: Cinderella's Royal Table - the perfect birthday experience for any princess. It's definitely a splurge, but totally magical to dine in the castle and meet several princesses. We booked it for the experience, but the food was wonderful as well.
Walt Disney World dining, Magic Kingdom, Cinderella's Royal Table

You may also like this post, Tips For Planning Your Next Disney World Vacation with Young Children:
http://sweet-turtle-soup.blogspot.com/2016/02/tips-for-planning-your-next-disney.html

21 comments:

  1. Those fancy fries sound amazing! I'm honestly thinking of ways to make them at home. Dean and Mason would love the mac & cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food at Disney is just so freaking good. If we ever get to go back I WILL be referring to this post for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disney is my favorite place in the world to eat! haha I love the Nutella and fruit waffles from Sleepy Hollow, and my husband loves the sweet and spicy chicken waffle from there. We also love to go to Big Top Treats for the mickey shaped macaroons. But our absolute FAVORITE place at Magic Kingdom for a treat is at Caseys for their BBQ Slaw Dog! It's oh so good!! Now i'm drooling and can't wait to get back to Disney in November!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your Disney posts! Like I need to go through and PIN them all... do you have a pinterest board dedicated to them? I need to go look. Can you believe I have never been to Disney world or Disney land? We are planning a trip in the next year and we are thinking that we might have to take the kids to Disney, even if just for a day (they're still quite young for it).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may need you advice come this Winter. We are headed to Orlando and we are considering a day trip to Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I think we're planning a trip to Disney sometime in the near future, so I'll have to keep this post handy for when we start planning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mouth is watering!!! That waffle with fruit and nutella is calling my name! I need to also add those dole pineapple whips to your list :-). I'm CRAZY for them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mouth watering for sure - those fancy fries especially sound AMAZING, what a bummer they're gone. Holy huge cinnamon roll..!! Good thing you have to walk ALL OVER, then you can eat whatever you want shamelessly, right?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum yum yum!! It sucks they got rid of Outpost fries and the spicy chicken waffle. I was hoping to get that on my next trip. I also heard they don't have the jalapeno or cream cheese stuffed pretzels anymore, and I loved those! So bummed I missed out on the pot roast mac n cheese- I fully intended on getting this and time got away from me. Highly recommend Be Our Guest for lunch- I loved their food and it was probably my favorite meal. I also LOVE the corn dogs & fries from Casey's. And now I'm starving. I wish I could just take a solo trip there some time so I could eat all my favorite things :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sad about the waffle fries. Bring them back! Cinnamon rolls are always my fave Disney treat, but I've never had one as big as that one from Gaston's. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. THAT CINNAMON ROLL! Yum. We've had the pretzel, the mickey ice cream, and the churros. I have so many more things that I want to try next time though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOLY MOLY. I am going to Disneyworld in January and think I may need to go on a major diet before we go just so I can eat all of these things. Yes. I think that is a good idea. Good thing you also walk around a lot at Disney! Man, counting down the days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you two don't meet up I will be very upset ;)

      Delete
  13. You totally just made me hungry! The picture of you with the gigantic connamon roll is like seeing what Aria will look like as an adult, total twins. Also, completely ramdom but thought you should know your Insta feed isnt showing on the sidebar due to HTTPS changes or something(?)

    ReplyDelete
  14. God I want to there so so bad. These posts kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun post! We love eating at the Pinocchio restaurant right by It's a Small World - the food is so good there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We ate at Tony's Town Square and my daughter and I totally did the Lady and the Tramp spaghetti move and took a picture. To be honest, I'm not sure I have seen all of the movie, though. I like the flatbread pizza at Pinocchio's and even though I don't have much of a sweet tooth, I love the Pineapple Whips. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad you posted about this. I am always curious about the best places to eat there. That cinnamon roll will be on my list for the next time we visit which probably wont be for another 2 years or so. I'll be dreaming about until then!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How did I miss the chocolate covered pineapple? That sounds amazing! Saving this post for when we go back! We’re all about the food!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Saving this for forever and ever! Oh I want to go to Disney so bad!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.