Wednesday, June 22, 2016

17 Weeks (Baby #2)

#sweetbabytwo, pregnancy

How far along - 17 weeks, due November 30th

Gender - We don't know yet. Aria insists it's a baby brother. I don't have a feeling either way, but if I had to pick I'd go with Aria's guess. Kids know these things!

Cravings - Before I knew I was pregnant I had a craving for twizzlers and cream soda, which is what I craved with Aria. I just thought it was funny and moved on. More recently I've craved cereal and fruit, anything cold really.

Aversions - I stopped drinking coffee back in April because it lost its appeal, I didn't know I was pregnant at the time. I thought I just drank too much for my birthday and coffee-ed myself out. Also raisins, I blame Liz. Just typing fish makes me gag. Turkey burgers in the beginning, but I had one the other day and it was all good.

Best moment - Having our first appointment and getting to see 15 week baby #2. With Aria we had our first ultrasound probably at 8 weeks and then again at 20. So it was pretty neat seeing a 15 week baby. He or she was curled up and you could see legs arms head and spine, but not as detailed as the 20 week. I was so relieved to see that the baby was looking on track because I've been having a very light symptom pregnancy so far. Most of the time I just don't feel pregnant at all even with my little bump getting bigger. Always something to worry about I suppose. Also telling Aria was so fun. We waited until the morning of my first appointment because she would definitely not keep it to herself. She got such a big smile and has been asking the most random questions ever since.

Looking forward to - Finding out the sex next month! And, yes we will absolutely be finding out =)

Miss anything - Alcohol and energy.

Movement - I've felt a few suspicious flutters and pops and wiggles, but I'm still not 100% sure it was the baby. With Aria the first time I felt something I absolutely knew it was the baby, but not this time. Not yet anyway.

Other pregnancy symptoms - Like I said this has been a very symptom free pregnancy so far. I had a whole two rough nausea experiences. Then a few I need a snack queasy feelings in the 1st trimester, but that has tapered off. The biggest symptom has been exhaustion though, and I feel like I'm getting more and more tired as time goes on. Zzz. I'm also getting some lower back pain, which was one of my least favorite things while pregnant with Aria. And, headaches almost daily but light ones. With Aria I had awful headaches, my number one least favorite symptom with her. So I am hoping I skip that this time, I'd much rather have the daily light ones. I am thankful that it has been pretty easy, and I knock on wood all the time that it keeps it up!

Aria's thoughts - She is totally excited about having a new baby. When I first told her I pulled her in for a hug and she was very concerned about squishing the baby. She bumped her head a few days ago and was crying then all of a sudden asked if she was scaring the baby. And, she was moving all the magnets up further on the refrigerator the other day. When I asked her what she was doing she said she didn't want the baby to get them and choke. She cracks me up. She also suggests names constantly. We've got Dirt, Hearts, Flowers, Janice, and a few others that I already can't remember - I really should jot notes down more often. She gets a big smile when we talk about when the baby gets here (she promises to let me know when the baby cries), and she loves hearing about when she was in mommy's tummy.

A few of you mentioned that we waited a while to share our news, which is true. That is because we just didn't know. Maybe a little tmi, but I have long wonky cycles. I was later than my average cycle and we had plans for having a drink on Mother's Day. So, I decided to take a test just to be sure it was okay. I was 99% sure it was going to come back negative and any thought about the maybes would be put to rest. However, those two lines popped up almost immediately. I was completely shocked, and Chris was even more so. We had just started talking about maybe trying for another after we buy a house. We've been chipping away at student loans and only recently started to save aggressively for a down payment on a home. So it was an idea floating around, but an idea on the back burner for right now. But, clearly waiting was just not in the plan.

After a day of shock and disbelief I started to think about how amazing having another baby will be. Aria will be turning 4 right after my due date, and I think 4 is a great age difference. I was never one to want babies close together. But, I think more than 4 years might be too great a difference for them to play together. So I am thankful that this is how things played out. I'm excited to do the baby thing all over again (apart from waking up all night), and I'm excited to see how Aria deals with becoming a big sister.

So, I found out I was pregnant right around 10 weeks. I called my ob the next day to make an appointment, but it wasn't scheduled for another 5 weeks. Longest 5 weeks ever. I didn't want to tell family until after we had that confirmation ultrasound and visit. I couldn't tell Aria until the appointment was closer because she wouldn't understand to keep it to herself. I did tell a few close friends because I was also fine telling them if something went wrong. So finally having our appointment and seeing a healthy baby with the ultrasound was such a relief. And, then getting to tell our family followed closely by the 'public' increased my excitement ten-fold. Thank you so much for all your congratulations and well wishes. I was tearing up throughout the day reading message after message, and feeling completely blessed at your excitement for our family. It really means so much to me.

29 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you that this pregnancy has been almost symptom free! What a great surprise to have though right!! And dirt. Uhm sorry honey noooope. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so excited for you guys! Aria will be a wonderful big sister. I love the 3.5 year age difference between Cash & Wyatt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again! So exciting and Aria being worried about squishing the baby is just the sweetest. She's gonna be a great big sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! I was beyond thrilled to hear you'll be finding out. WHY do people not find out :P?! I'll have a drink for you, how about that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, waiting 5 weeks for that first appointment had to be so long!! Aria's concern for her little brother or sister is just so sweet! Henry and Wes are 3.5 years apart, and I really liked that gap. The 2 years between Cal and Wes is a little more tough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best post ever!!! I got so teary thinking of how sweet Aria is and how excited she seems to be! I think it is always a bit of a worry to think how our kids will adjust to a new to a new sibling but honestly it really is the best gift. I love this for you and am beyond excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, again!! I will ditto those above and say the 3.5 year age gap is so so good. I have been completely shocked at how well Charley has done as a big sister this past year and I can already tell from the things you said about Aria here that she is going to rock this role, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honestly, name the baby "Dirt". I think that's a great name & it works for a boy or girl. Ha! Aria is going to be a great big sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so incredibly happy for you guys! Aria is just too cute! I think she's going to be a great big sister! Baby Fox was super excited about having a baby sister and from the moment she was born it has been nothing but love. :) Virtual hug!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking great, mama!! I've been craving fruit like crazy too... I can't get enough of it! LOVE Aria's thoughts on her new sibling and the sweet things she's been doing. So adorable! My sister and I are almost exactly 4 years apart. There are pros and cons (as there are with any age gap) but it worked for us and my sister is truly one of my best friends. I'm so happy for you guys and I'm excited to have a friend to share this pregnancy journey with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww! Aria is already a better big sib than Ez. He's constantly pulling the magnets down the fridge where Declan can reach them. 4 is a good age difference. I remember hating coffee as soon as I became pregnant too. I wonder why our bodies do that??

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am just so excited for you!! Aria is going to be the best sister, I can already tell based on her careful consideration of the baby in your belly! I felt the Holden flutters super early and KNEW immediately it was the baby, but I have yet to be certain about feeling this babe. It's just so weird how different babies affect your body so differently!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to see Aria as a big sister. I'm kind of hoping you will have a boy. Do you plan to share the gender of the baby when you find out?

    ReplyDelete
  14. So excited to see your update in my feed today! :) I love that Aria is super excited- hopefully she won't try to squeeze the baby like she did that duck at Disney :D LOL- I still crack up about that. It's cute that she's already worried about the baby though. So happy for you guys and can't wait to see if it's a he or she. And I know what you mean about a symptomless pregnancy - I didn't have morning sickness or really anything with Charlotte, which was nice, but worrysome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so so excited for your sweet family! So great that you are almost symptom free!! Can't wait to hear the gender. Will you share the name once you have decided? Or wait until the baby is born to share?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am just so excited for yall!! Yea, our plans really never matter with babies. ha! Look at Stella! ;) LOVE LOVE LOVE Aria's excitement and sweet comments!! Makes me have a tinge of baby fever! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everyone sharing in the excitement always helped me too, plus sounds like you've got the BEST big sister on your hands so that makes it extra special. You look great, glad you are feeling well for the most part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm going to guess BOY since your symptoms have been so minor. I think I had 2 small spells with nausea with Mason and that was it. I was EXTREMELY lucky! SO excited for you to find out the gender next month and so happy Aria is so excited! She's already the best big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like quite the perfect pregnancy!!! Hopefully it will go smoothly the whole time. Can't wait to hear what the gender is.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are just the cutest! Yay for no symptoms so far! I love how little minds work. Aria is adorable and she is going to make the best big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How exciting! Sending you the biggest congratulations to you and your family! And I love how sweet and concerned aria already is! She's gonna be the BEST big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So fun to compare pregnancy notes! Lots of the same feelings/anxieties over here. :) Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So fun to compare pregnancy notes! Lots of the same feelings/anxieties over here. :) Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This post just makes me happy, you have the cutest lil bump! I am way impressed (envious? ;) by your light symptoms, though after having my miscarriage where I ended up not feeling any sickness, I would trade all the gross for that reassurance. Though having headaches is NO joke. I carry a bottle of Tylenol on me at all times. I love Aria's name suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This post just makes me happy, you have the cutest lil bump! I am way impressed (envious? ;) by your light symptoms, though after having my miscarriage where I ended up not feeling any sickness, I would trade all the gross for that reassurance. Though having headaches is NO joke. I carry a bottle of Tylenol on me at all times. I love Aria's name suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look beautiful! XOXO Four years is a good age difference. My daughters are 4 years apart and they get along well!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats!!! I know y'all are just over the moon excited. Aria is going to be such a great big sister. My sister's kids are the same age difference as your situation and it has worked out perfectly. Aria will be able to help but they will still be close enough to get along. I'm looking forward to finding out if it is pink or blue!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.