Thursday, May 12, 2016

The Picture Perfect Project: 12 in 2016 - May

12 in 2016 a photo challenge, one photo a month in 2016
"Singing in the Rain"

Welcome back to another month of the Picture Perfect Project. I am joining up with Beth of Our Pretty Little Girls, Whitney of Work it Mommy, Stephanie of Wife Mommy Me, Elizabeth of Chasin' Mason, and Desiree of Macke Monologues to encourage you to challenge yourself in 2016 to take pictures daily, monthly, weekly, or any combination under the sun. And, then link-up with us on the 2nd Thursday of each month to share your progress. Challenges are always more fun when you do them with friends.

My challenge is "12 in 2016" - taking a photo of Aria once a month all year. Not just any picture (because I can usually be found behind my camera) but a picture where Aria is both looking in my direction and with a genuine smile. Some months are more successful than others but the only picture you regret is the one you don't take.

We woke up to pouring rain the other morning and Aria couldn't wait to get out in it. I just love some of the images I captured. Watching her joy in the simple act of playing in the rain fills my heart up. A great way to start the day, followed by some hot cocoa because Aria was a frozen popsicle by the time she came back inside.

Sweet Turtle Soup

Please link-up any photography challenge you've been working on this year below! The link-up will be open until the end of the month, so add your link anytime between now and then. You can also share your pictures on instagram or twitter using #thepictureperfectproject. And, don't forget the next link up is on June 9th.


18 comments:

  1. That is such a fun picture. I'm not sure what it is about playing in the rain but kids love it. Aria is such a photogenic little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, she's so darn cute! Singing in the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Reminds me we need to dance in the rain more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! What is it about playing in the rain that is so fun for kids? I cannot stand the wet clothes sticking to my body! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, she looks so cold and wet but still smiling :) Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the lighting on this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet picture. It keeps raining here but in the middle of the night. That is NO good for dancing in :D!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet pic of Aria. And I always think your backyard looks magical! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're the funnest mom EVER. I'll ask again because it bares repeating, will you adopt me? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always want to have Mason go out and play in the rain but I swear it either only rains at night (like it did TWICE last week) or while I'm at work and he's at school. Come on weekend rain!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you are such a good mom letting her play in the rain!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Courtney, you are the best Mom! Your wee angel is making memories and when she's older she'll just love you forever and a day for all of these fun moments, and what's best of all is that you'll be able to sit together and share them because you have these beautiful photos :) Sending heaps of hugs from a "looks like rain today" Scotland xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Something about the rain makes every little one beg to get out in it. Connor would jump in puddles all day as long as there was wet left in them.

    Aria's hair is getting so long. I just love how "big" all the babes are getting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She's so cute & her hair is getting SO long! Wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love watching (and photographing) kids in the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kids splashing around in the rain and puddles is one of the best things ever.
    Can I also just mention how insanely envious I am that you actually *get* rain! We have a couple of cute umbrellas that just hide in our closet because they are never needed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.