Thursday, May 5, 2016

Teaching Together Blog Hop #8

Hey, everybody! Welcome to the Teaching Together Blog Hop. I, together with Whitney at Work it Mommy, Amanda at Tickled Pink, Courtney at A+ Life, and Beth at Our Pretty Little Girls, thought that a link up focusing on preschool activities, homeschooling ideas, and play at home learning would be a great way to pool together all sorts of fun and educational resources. A place to share and be inspired. Check back on the original post for full details, and/or past blog hops for great ideas!

Sweet Turtle Soup - Mother's Day Hand Print Flower Bouquet canvas

Mother's Day is this Sunday, so I thought I'd share the canvas Aria made for the occasion! If you've seen my A through M, and N through Z Hand & Foot Print Animal ABCs, then you know I absolutely adore anything hand and foot print art related. Aria and I have been slowly working our way through all the holidays and special event type days, making canvases for the occasion. Our most recent addition is this Mother's Day hand print flower bouquet!

The best part is how simple it is to make!

All you need:
- a canvas, nothing too large (I think ours are 10x10)
- finger paint (we use crayola)
- a large paint brush to paint tiny hands
- a little paint brush for the stems

Start by painting tiny hands with flowery paint colors and stamping the canvas towards the top. You can do a few or a bunch, Aria wanted to do a bunch. You can wipe the tiny hands clean between each color or just add the new paint color on top of the residue. We just added paint without cleaning in between stamps, and I think it added pretty pops of multiple colors to the hand flowers. Either way works!
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mother's Day Hand Print Flower Bouquet canvas

Let the hand flowers dry. Then paint a few green stems. Let those dry, and then add a bow. I'm not an artist by any stretch of the imagination so I like to keep it as simple as possible. You could also paint them coming out of a flower pot, and/or add a Happy Mother's Day somewhere. Or, instead of a bunch you could paint a row of flower hands and make a garden. If you have more than one kid you could do the garden idea with a hand from each and add their names by their flowers. You can't go wrong with hand flowers for mom!
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mother's Day Hand Print Flower Bouquet canvas

Here is a peek at all the other holiday canvases we've made over the years as well, most of them are hand and foot print art. The very first one we did was ghost feet for Aria's first Halloween! The leaves are potato leaf prints for the first day of fall, and the butterfly is for the first day of spring. The 4th of July fireworks are from a few straws taped together to make a firework stamp. We've still got a few holidays to go!
Sweet Turtle Soup - Holiday Hand & Foot Print Canvases


Sweet Turtle Soup

Please link up and share your teaching together posts below or on instagram/twitter using  #teachingtogetherbloghop. By linking up with us, you are giving us permission to feature your post. If your post is featured, we will include a picture and a link to your site to share the love. And, mark your calendars for the next Teaching Together Blog Hop on June 2nd!


16 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! This might just be today's craft for us to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you have taken the hand/foot prints and made them your own. Ya'll do such a great job. Lily always freaks because her hands are messy. ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how this turned out! And I love how it's a craft that can be changed up really easily for the kid's preference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!! Such a great craft and so meaningful. Aria did a great job. I love doing crafts with the kids hands or feet. So fun to remember how little they were.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those canvases are just the cutest!! I can't handle seeing little baby feet; makes my heart ache.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this! Seriously, I say this every time I'm sure, but you think of the best holiday ideas! I wish I had seen this or thought of this sooner and I could have made one for the grandmas. However, Mason pretty much hates crafts (well any that I make him do, he does them at school just fine lol) so it probably would have been a fail anyways! Regardless, pinning for later!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So where do you keep all of the canvases that aren't being used? This is so cute to have a spot where you just change out the canvases...hmm...that's a thought...which wall should I do this on...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fan! Love anything handprint related.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beyond darling!!! Do you buy canvases in bulk? That came across snarky but I seriously want to know, I never find good deals on them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually really, really love this and I think I might do it with the girls tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it!! We did something similar for the grandmothers for Valentine's Day, but I love how your handprints overlapped! Tucking this away for next year for the grandmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaaahhhh this turned out SO cute and I love the colors too. It looks so springy and fun, which I guess is kind of the point :D!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great project! I love that you have them for all seasons/holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable! I love the colors you guys chose.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So precious! I wonder if I could talk Mason into make these for his Grandmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.