Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Spring Bucket List: try geocaching

Sweet Turtle Soup - Spring Bucket List: try geocaching

Another check for our Spring Bucket List. We tried our hand at geocaching over the weekend. We signed up at geocaching.com, downloaded the app, and headed out to find treasure. The first one took us a good bit to find. We felt like fish out of water - not sure where to look or how to open up the clues on the app. But, we finally figured it out and spotted the first cache in a bush. After that we found cache after cache until we were too hot to go on. It was a lot of fun, and I think Chris had the most fun. Aria was pretty middling about the whole thing. She wasn't super interested in hunting, and then she lost interest because it was so meltingly hot. We will either have to go early or later in the day, or wait until winter strikes again. I think if it wasn't so gross outside she'd enjoy the experience a bit more, but even so it was an enjoyable family outing. I would definitely recommend you give it a try in your area, but hopefully when it is not as hot.

p.s. Don't forget to bring a few treasures to add to the cache and a pen to sign your name to the log!

Sweet Turtle Soup - Spring Bucket List: try geocaching
Sweet Turtle Soup - Spring Bucket List: try geocaching
Sweet Turtle Soup - Spring Bucket List: try geocaching
Sweet Turtle Soup - Spring Bucket List: try geocaching
Sweet Turtle Soup - Spring Bucket List: try geocaching
Sweet Turtle Soup - Spring Bucket List: try geocaching

Sweet Turtle Soup - Spring Bucket List: try geocaching
Check out the rest of our Spring Bucket List:

19 comments:

  1. I want to go geocaching so badly. I need to just go do it, but I'm not sure I'd have fun by myself trying to keep two children corralled. I think we need Daddy to go with us. Ha ha! Looks like a good time and glad Chris was so into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been ridiculous hot this week and last. The news said we'really supposed to get cooler, dryer weather aka the mid 80's instead of the 90'story;)

    I think the first cache is always the hardest our first one was the size of a bullet and it was magnetic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You did it. My biggest fear of trying this is failing and both girls ending up in tears :P. So glad that it worked out well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, my husband takes pictures of me crawling into bushes to find caches! We found a couple on our recent trip and it just adds an extra fun thing to do while we're exploring new places!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to do this with Connor and James. I think C will love finding treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this and want to try it so bad with the kids! I think it would be so exciting and super fun! I must ask, what treasures did yall bring to leave behind?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! When we have a nice weekend I want to try this with Reese. I think she'd have fun. I love that picture of Chris in the bushes - HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We did this a few weekends ago, too! Who knew it was such a big thing...and nationwide?! It's so cool to me! Now my husband and I are addicted and joke frequently about making a date of it and going sans kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never done this! I've heard good things though. I'd be clueless as well but thankfully Matt would probably take over. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never heard of geocaching, but it seems like super fun! I don't think I'd be able to do it though, since I dont have a data plan for my phone, I've got no internet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never heard of this before, but it sounds super fun! If only I had a data plan for my phone so I could use the GPS in areas with no wifi. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really going to have to check & see if they have that around here...but Central Wisconsin tends to be a lil behind on things. :|

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, yours were hidden REALLY well! I'm impressed you spotted them. I really need to get this on the agenda. Everyone is talking about how fun it is. I bet Mason (or at least Seth lol) would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY!! You found some!! We've gone a handful of times and only found two. But, we'll keep at it.
    Marcus is like Aria, he's not really into it too terribly much. But, maybe if we keep trying he'll grow to enjoy it as much as me??

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to admit, I had to just look up what geocaching is but sounds like something fun to try out! It is still in the 60s and 70s where I live so we gotta give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun! What kind of treasures do you find/add to the boxes??

    ReplyDelete
  17. We've been dying to try geocaching! I think Sadie would love it now that she's old enough to understand. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to go geocaching super bad but havent pulled the trigger yet. I love the picture of Chris half hidden under the bushes haha, make him work for it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. We went geocaching years ago, before kids, and it was fun. I think it's something my 5 year old would like since she's super into treasure hunts. I see Gatorland on your list. That's right near me but I've never been. My daughter went a few years ago with her grandma and uncle. My son would LOVE it, omg. Have to take them in the Fall.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.