Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Spring Bucket List: have an ice cream date

Sweet Turtle Soup - Spring Bucket List: have an ice cream date
We checked off another item from our Spring Bucket List - a mother's day ice cream date! I wanted to try out Beaches & Cream Soda Shop, a tiny ice cream shop at Disney's Beach Club Resort. So, we made an afternoon out of it. We explored both the Beach Club and the Yacht Club, two different resorts but right next to each other. Beaches & Cream has food as well as ice cream, but I wanted to eat at the Crew's Cup lounge instead, on the Yacht Club side of the resort area. So, we stopped in for lunch to try their truffle fries - we all hated them. Such a powerful flavor, but not at all to our liking. The rest of our lunch was good though.

We had some time to kill before our reservation so we headed into the arcade, which was conveniently located right next door to Beaches & Cream. I think it was the highlight for Aria. She had a blast trying out all the different games, and didn't even want to leave when our reservation time popped up. Who knew she would like arcade games better than ice cream?

We talked her into heading over for our ice cream date though. Super cute little ice cream shop - right out of the 50s with pastels and even a juke box playing oldies. We hadn't planned on ordering the infamous 'kitchen sink' - multiple scoops of every ice cream flavor plus every topping they offer plus a huge pile of cherries on top. I was leaning towards a nice modest brownie sundae, Aria wanted strawberry ice cream, but Chris thought go big or go home. So, we ordered the kitchen sink. Sirens and lights go off when they bring it to your table, it is quite the experience. We ate and ate and then ate some more, but in the end the kitchen sink won.

Was it fun? Absolutely! Would I order it again? Only with at least twice as many mouths! Was it a memorable Mother's Day? Indeed!
Sweet Turtle Soup - Spring Bucket List: have an ice cream date
Yacht Club, Crew's Cup Lounge
Yacht Club, Crew's Cup Lounge
Sweet Turtle Soup - Spring Bucket List: have an ice cream date
Beach Club, Beaches & Cream, Disney World
Beach Club, Beaches & Cream, Disney World, The Kitchen Sink
Beach Club, Beaches & Cream, Disney World, The Kitchen Sink
Beach Club, Beaches & Cream, Disney World, The Kitchen Sink

Beach Club, Beaches & Cream, Disney World, The Kitchen Sink
Check out the rest of our Spring Bucket List:

20 comments:

  1. So fun! Gotta love marking things off a fun list. And ice cream, yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that ice cream! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Beach Club resort and I love Beaches and Cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of the kitchen sink. It looks like a major tummy ache! Do most restaurants at Disney require reservations? We're talking about taking my MIL up there this weekend without actually going into the parks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness my tummy hurts just SEEING the kitchen sink! Wow! Love the idea though! And what a great way to spend your Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness that is awesome! Beaches and Cream is a pretty clever name too. Definitely a Mothers Day memory you won't forget!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! That's a whole lot of sweetness - I love it! I've seen that on Man Vs. Food, not at that shop but very similar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so much sweet in one bowl!! Oh my, I would be in sweets heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun is that? I am so glad you took a picture of it because once I heard kitchen sink I knew I had to see it. Looks and sounds delicious! And I like Chris' way of thinking "Go big or go home" definitely a must at Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHOA! That ice cream! Dang. Yeah you would need twice as many mouths. Although, if you just invited me, I'm sure I could finish that off for you LOL. I love me some ice cream :)
    Also, I think ice cream date should be on every bucket list, especially living in Florida (and here in California) because 1. ice cream is amazing and 2. it's always hot enough for it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've wanted one of those sundaes forever! Next time we're at Disney I'm making it happen! Can't wait to hear what you think of Gatorland!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh that kitchen sink is INSANE! I can't believe they give you one of each flavour!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like so, so, so much fun and that sundae! OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, that's a lot of ice cream!!! But how fun is that?!?

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a perfect Mother' Day. You had me at ice cream.
    Has Aria been to a Chucky Cheese? We don't go often (I can only take so much), but Marcus loves all the games and tickets. It's very reminiscent of an arcade, and a good way to blow an afternoon where it's too hot to be outside.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you spent Mother's Day! I would've loved to make it to Crew's Cup our last trip- next time though! Stinks that you didn't like the fries; I LOVE truffle fries and only recently discovered this. And yay for getting the kitchen sink! We saw a family get one when we were there and the lights and sirens kinda scared Reese at first. I personally would get the chocolate lover's one- yum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG that ice cream sundae was HUGE! I definitely would've ordered that too, haha. Amazing! Glad you had a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy buckets - now that's an ice cream sundae!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Im in shock and awe- kitchen sink indeed!!! What a fun ice cream date/Mother's Day celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. They actually bring it in a sink, haha. Super adorable. Glad you had a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.