Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Spring Bucket List: go to gatorland

Sweet Turtle Soup - Spring Bucket List: go to gatorland
We are chugging along with our spring bucket list so far! When I saw that Gatorland was running a Florida discount this spring I knew it had to make it on to our list. I went once when I was little, but remember nothing, so it was about time we made a trip. It's a very Florida thing to do, yes?

I wasn't sure what to expect. I thought it was going to be just a bunch of gators in water with a few snakes thrown in for good measure. But, it had a ton of things to see and do. I was impressed. All sorts of neat critters including a super fluffy and adorable blonde raccoon, a train ride, a huge water play area for kids, little gators, big gators, gigantic gators, white gators, shows, etc. We had terrible timing with the shows, and the train needed maintenance right before our ride but we still managed to spend several hours checking everything out.

I actually have a picture (somewhere...) of me holding a baby gator when I went as a kid. So, I was really hoping they still did something like that so I could get a picture of Aria holding a baby gator too. If my memory serves me well, the baby gator I was holding was a legit baby gator...just a little thing. When we found the stand where you can take a picture with a gator I was a little thrown off by the size of their 'baby' gator. More like teenage gator?! But we were able to get a family picture with not only teenage gator but also with a snake. Double the fun I guess? Aria wasn't intimidated in the least, and I love that she draped her arm around our gator friend - ha. He was super cute though, and his tummy was very soft.

Another fun addition is that you can feed the gators overpriced hot dogs. We also saw the gator wrestling, fed goats ice cream cones, thought the white gators were awesome looking, heard some male gators making very odd sounds in the mating swamp, and then let Aria get completely soaked even though I didn't bring her bathing suit. It was a great time, but a hot time. We will definitely be back again sometime - perhaps in the cooler months, or again next year for the Florida discount!
Things to do in Florida, Florida vacation, Gatorland Florida
Things to do in Florida, Florida vacation, Gatorland Florida
Things to do in Florida, Florida vacation, Gatorland Florida
Things to do in Florida, Florida vacation, Gatorland Florida
Things to do in Florida, Florida vacation, Gatorland Florida
Things to do in Florida, Florida vacation, Gatorland Florida
Things to do in Florida, Florida vacation, Gatorland Florida
Things to do in Florida, Florida vacation, Gatorland Florida

Sweet Turtle Soup - Spring Bucket List: go to gatorland
Check out the rest of our Spring Bucket List:

19 comments:

  1. Wow this to me just screams Florida. I mean other than anything Disney related. What a fun trip! Even though it would totally skeeve me out to touch one. And the snake. Ewwwww.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so much fun!! I love the family picture! And goodness that is a lot of alligators in the pile. Wow! Glad you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been ages since I've gone and looks like it's has changed a ton. That 'baby' gator is huge! We actually have one about that size in our front pond right now :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun! We went to a place in the Everglades and held baby alligators too. I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks fun! I especially love the family picture with the snake around Chris' neck! Holy cow were there a lot of gators in that 3rd picture. Love your dress too (stitch fix?) - looks comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This park reminds me of the book Swamplandia- have you read it? Anyway, whats a blonde raccoon? That white gator is amazing! And I just dont know if I would have the guts to hold a baby gator and definitely not a snake. But besides that it sounds like fun! Gators are fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That does sound like a very Florida place for you to go! Ha. But seriously, it sounds like fun! Although that picture of the 8623862183 gators in the one room kinda freaks me out. And holding a gator kinda freaks me out. But other than that, it looks like a fun place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Slightly terrifying, but SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my lord! Can't believe your husband had that snake around his neck!! He looked so calm, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This gives me the creeps!! We visited something similar when we were in Florida and all I could do was think that at any given moment I was going to be some gator's lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word all I can think of is being trapped there at night, lol. I have no idea why either.

    We are trying to keep working on ours too. Im getting a little stressed out with all the summer lists being posted ☺.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word all I can think of is being trapped there at night, lol. I have no idea why either.

    We are trying to keep working on ours too. Im getting a little stressed out with all the summer lists being posted ☺.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay I might have just freaked out just look at the picture of the snake around Chris's neck...shiver! I'm not sure this place is for me...just looking at the pictures made me weak at the knees, I wish I was kidding :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you're all brave. Aria looks so nonchalant about it all. Have you guys ever seen gators out in the wild near where you live? I might be able to hang with the baby gator since its mouth was tied shut, but not the snake. Their eyes just creep me out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of you are SO brave to not only get a picture with a gator but a snake too! You wouldn't catch this girl getting even CLOSE to doing that. Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun & super different activity! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG i have never seen so many gators in my life. Def looks like a blast tho!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! This place is awesome! Mac would be in heaven! Look at all those gators! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gatorland looks like so much fun! Love the picture of Aria in the Gator’s mouth! So cool. And I have major chills thinking about you guys holding the gator and the snake. I think I’d be okay with the gator, but I would have ran for the hills if I saw a snake! Ha. I’m a big chicken when it comes to snakes. I love the white gators. They are so neat looking. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.