Monday, April 4, 2016

Three Years & Four Months Old

Sweet Turtle Soup - 3 years, 1 months
Sweet Turtle Soup - 3 years, 2 months
Sweet Turtle Soup - 3 years, 3 months
Sweet Turtle Soup - 3 years, 4 months

weight: 35.5 lbs.

height: 38 3/4 inches.

sleep: ugh sleep. Such a roller coaster with the sleep. In my last 'month-update' I mentioned Aria had been sleeping decently well, and she kept that up for a bit longer. Then it took a nose dive. And, on top of that I thought it would be a fun idea to work on night time potty training. Oddly enough she slept better when we went cold turkey right into panties at night, but then she'd also wet the bed every night and I'd have to deal with that instead. I only stuck with that for a week before buying a pack of pulls ups. But, then she slept even worse. She woke up and stayed up for an hour and a half almost on the dot every single night for about two weeks until I was about to lose my mind. She was wide awake and would not be in her room without me. I ended up telling her that if she would just sleep through the night unless she actually had to get up and pee (because she calls me in to help with that) she could watch a movie the next day. I didn't think it would work at all. It totally did! That is where we are right now. She has slept through the night almost nightly for a little over a week, except she averages one nightly 'mommy I need to go potty' holler. And, the next day we inevitably watch Rio 2. I'm not overly thrilled that we do movies daily, but I am thrilled that I get to sleep now!

bedtime routine: It goes something like...potty, jammies on and a pull up, we get a fresh blanket for the bed, Aria goes and says good night to great grandma while I fill up her water for the night, a story each from mom and dad, we chain pull the light off (dad holds the pull chain for the light, I hold dad's hand, and then Aria pulls down on my hand to turn out her light), dad turns on the stars night light, we sing three songs, Aria says prayers with dad and their good nights, Aria goes potty one more time, I turn on her sleep sheep, then I sit on the edge of the bed and Aria and I chat about the day for a minute before I rub her back for another minute, and then she gives me a kiss a nose rub and a hug before I head out the door while saying night night sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite and I love you. She's usually out cold in a few minutes.

potty training: I mentioned that we have been working on night time potty training. I'll talk about that a little more here. We used up her final pack of regular diapers, which took ages because it was a huge box. When those ran out we grabbed a little pack of pull ups and brought in Aria's potty seat to her room. We explained that she could get out of bed anytime she needed to potty but she wasn't allowed to leave her room until her light turned green in the morning, which has worked perfectly fine thus far.

I go in to her room before I go to bed usually around 11 to get her up for a quick pee. I was worried it would wake her up and she'd take a while to fall back asleep, but no. She practically sleeps while she pees and curls right back up in bed when I lay her back down. Phew. I leave her to her own devices the rest of the night, and if she wakes up for any reason then I get her to use her potty then as well. She still woke up with a wet pull up almost every morning, I think she had 2 dry ones in total with her first little pack of pulls ups.

I thought she might pick things up quicker if we just went straight to panties after she used up her pull ups. So, when those ran out we put her in panties and let her know that if she peed she would also be peeing in her jammies and her bed. I continued with the before bed 11 quick pee, and if she woke up we'd go straight to her potty. But, no matter how many times she woke up at night she still peed her panties. We kept with it for a week though before I was ready to go back to the pull ups.

I didn't realize how many times she peed at night, because I've never been one to need to wake up and use the bathroom at night. Chris on the other hand...so she must get her bladder from dad. So, we went back to the pull ups and like flipping a switch she's been dry every morning except for one or two times. And, with the movie bribe working she sometimes doesn't even get up to pee at night at all, except for when I go in at 11. I almost want to switch back to panties since she seems to have figured night time bladder control out, but I think we'll wait until after our over night stay at Disney to give that a try again.

I look forward to the day we need zero diapers or pull ups, AND she can successfully wipe her own tush. Big dreams.

things she says:

"I'm the mama and you're my daddy." I think she means husband.

I asked her if she needed some help. She said, "Nope, I have big bones now. There's no stopping me!"

"I'm freezing to death and dying. I do that everyday, you remember?" She says this anytime she is cold.

"We are winning together, daddy!" while they were playing the memory matching game.

"Right this very second minute!" when she wants something immediately.

"Ow, you're hurting my bones!" her response to being squished.

Aria was trying to talk dad into doing something, which I can't for the life of me remember anymore. One of her responses was "Daddy you are bad at math."

...I really need to remember to write these things down better, she is always cracking us up.

favorites:
food - toast
books - her Disney Princess collection books
songs - twinkle stars, Frere Jacques, and silent night
toy - baby Stella, Fire the dragon, and her kitty/puppy beanie babies...playing pretend basically
show/movie - Rio, Rio 2, and Home

likes: letting the dogs outside, playing in the hose, hitting the plants with her gardening tools or pulling off all the leaves, putting things in cups, playing with her rainbow rice, playing with her pink slime, covering up with a blanket and watching a movie in the rocking chair, reading, dancing, getting her own milk from the refrigerator, using the stool in the bathroom, wearing dresses, swinging with dad, snack time, making you pretend to sleep and then screaming wake up, having her nails painted, going to Disney World, picking the song we listen to on the radio, and playing pretend.

dislikes: when great-grandma can't understand what she is saying, when you ask her if she wants something but she says no and so you don't do the thing you just asked about because apparently no means yes, and walking in parking lots - she sweet talks daddy into carrying her.

interview:
1. What makes you happy? Eating nice bouquets. (me- you like eating flowers?) No...eating things with pink water. (I made her a pink lemonade slushy, so that makes her happy)
2. What makes you sad? Not eating my slushy. (me - you already answered slushy so try to think of a new one) Not feeding my baby.
3. How old are you? 15, 14.
4. What is your favorite thing to do? I like swimming in uncle Kiel's pool.
5. What do you want to be when you grow up? A car driver, that drives really really fast.
6. What is your favorite fruit? Strawberries.
7. What is your favorite dessert? Marshmallows.
8. What is your favorite animal? Giraffe.
9. Where is your favorite place to go? Funny places. Disney!
10. What is your favorite ride at Disney? Dumbo.
11. What is your favorite color? I like red.

17 comments:

  1. Noah likes the "pretend to sleep and wake you up by yelling" game too... He and Chris can do it over and over before it gets old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful girl! It's amazing how much their personalities come out so much and how much fun this age can be. And how frustrating. Haha! Cam loves to pretend to sleep too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her quotes about her bones cuz I too am always talking about my bones...but my bones are old, hers are either big or being squished. Tee hee! Love it!

    I hope that the potty training/sleeping thing gets figured out soon...for the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks older than her age, I think! She's a cutie! Great job with the potty training so far. That's my least favorite part of being a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh to the potty training and sleep, but you guys are almost there! Final stretch. I can't wait till both my kids wipe their own tush either, but we're still probably two years away from that :( All the stuff she says is hilarious. I love all her references to her bones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always love the interview questions :) Ohh potty training. I am going to celebrate big time once both kids are potty trained completely. I do not look forward to night time training. I hope she doesn't have Scott's bladder- he goes in the middle of the night too and I don't understand it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sleep... I continually ask when we will all get a full nights sleep. It seems like such a minimal request. Right??
    Hang in there with the potty training. Night time is so tricky (add in the sleep thing, so much to conquer).
    Dumbo is our favorite ride, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What kind of wake up clock do you guys have? Do you like it? I'm overwhelmed with all the choices on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh they grow so fast! She is too funny with the things she says. I might have to borrow some of your interview questions for Mason's 2 1/2 year update.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hear you on the sleep and the potty-training. I never really though that the pull-ups are what get wyatt up in the mornings. Maybe he's so uncomfortable he needs to wake up at 5:30?? We're still working on pooping in the potty..ugh. She's so cute though! Love her little quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, night training. We're in the same boat over here. Mila was doing well for a little while, but we're back to changing sheets every single morning. And I refuse to spend money on more pull ups, so it is what it is. I love the things Aria has said and her interview. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "get it, get it, get it..girl...take her, take her..." my favorite part the movie, is that wrong, hehe. Aria is too cute, and we did the bathroom thing before bed too. FYI: My son is 5.5 and he STILL asks to go to the bathroom at whatever time he wakes up...and he won't go until we tell him it's okay. NO matter how many times we tell him to just go...one day...one day I won't be startled awake at 2am because of a potty break.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just stop growing already!!! Too soon! And ugh potty training. The worst! Have you tried cuttin out her water? I mean within reason? Like we don't let our kids drink much after say 7. And never in their rooms. It's a rare thing indeed if they need to get up to pee at night. Just a thought. Who knows! Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet! 15, 14?! *ugh* They'll be there before we know it. Night potty training takes the longest. I seriously made Marissa sleep in pull-ups til she was 4 or a hair over 4. Since she did bath before bed I just re used them a couple times to save on $. Emily however caught on crazy fast. Kids are all so different.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh to be 3 again! Such a fun time! I hope the nightwaking will subside, not getting a full nights sleep is the worst. Since Kinsey turned 2 she stopped night peeing and I never had to deal with that scenerio, and now Im starting to dread potty training Brielana. Kinsey was so easy Im sure Im in for it this time around lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. She just has the sweetest demeanor. I am cracking up over the things she says!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love allthe tings she says! Annabelle says "do it right now!" When she wants something done ASAP.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.