Thursday, April 21, 2016

Stitch Fix Review - #1

Sweet Turtle Soup - Stitch Fix Review #1
I'm excited to share with you my very first Stitch Fix review! I thought that my Birthday was the appropriate time to schedule my first fix. I mentioned in the notes when I scheduled my fix that we were going to be taking a little Disney World vacation and that I'd love something to wear for it. I was a little nervous to receive my first box because I've seen plenty of dud reviews around. But, I had my fingers crossed and I really think my stylist (Sarah!) did a great job. While I didn't love everything, I loved a part of everything. So, let me show you what I got in my first ever fix!
 
LOORA CROCHET DETAIL TOP & MONA BOYFRIEND DENIM SHORT

The first item I pulled out was this pretty coral Loora Crochet Detail Top by Skies are Blue ($64). I loved all the sweet crochet details and I liked the color. I also pulled out the white Mona Boyfriend Denim Short by Kut From The Kloth ($68) and my heart sank a little at the white color. I'm not one of those people that will skillfully avoid sitting in something disgusting while wearing white on my rear. But, I'm told you need to try everything on and I'm a rule follower like that.

Sweet Turtle Soup - Stitch Fix Review #1 :: Loora Crochet Detail Top by Skies are Blue and Mona Boyfriend Denim Short by Kut From The Kloth

I liked the Loora Crochet Detail Top on as much as I did off. I liked the scalloped details on the bottom that I didn't even notice before I put it on. I thought the length and fit were also right on. It was loose without being too loose. A great top for all the hot hot hot weather we get in Florida.

verdict: kept!

I was even more bummed about the white color of the Mona Boyfriend Denim Short after I slipped them on. They were so incredibly soft and comfortable. I wasn't sure about the length at first either, I normally prefer shorts that are a few inches shorter, but I liked the longer length after trying it on. I thought the white looked nice with the coral top. I hemmed and hawed over these. In the end I felt like I would be uncomfortable in them every time I wore them because of the color (and naturally sit in gum), so back they went.

verdict: returned.

IVETTE CROCHET DETAIL TOP

As soon as I pulled out the navy Ivette Crochet Detail Top by Crescent ($48) I thought it was lovely. Navy blues are one of my favorite colors to wear, and again I loved the sweet crochet details.

Sweet Turtle Soup - Stitch Fix Review #1 :: Ivette Crochet Detail Top by Crescent and Mona Boyfriend Denim Short by Kut From The Kloth

And then I tried it on. I hated it. It did very odd things to my boobs, I did not like the shape by the neck, and the edges were stiff and uncomfortable. I also felt the bottom half wasn't as flattering as the coral top. Just not a good look on me at all.

verdict: returned.

SEBSATIAN MAXI DRESS

I was the most excited about this lovely navy blue Sebsatian Maxi Dress by Gilli ($78). The color, again, I love navy blues. The straps allow for regular bra wearing. I was really hoping for a maxi dress in my fix, so I was excited to find one inside my box. This maxi dress had many things going for it before I even put it on.

Sweet Turtle Soup - Stitch Fix Review #1 :: Sebsatian Maxi Dress by Gilli

I tried it on and then did a little happy dance. The material is soft, smooth, cooling, light. My other maxi dresses are all heavier, this one is like wearing air. The cross over bit on the top doesn't let my boobs hang out (yay!), and the straps are indeed regular bra friendly. Also it isn't too long on my 5'2 self. I was sold, and it was the first item that I knew I was going to keep.

verdict: kept!

ATHENIA BUTTON DOWN TOP

I wasn't overly excited when I pulled this summery plaid Athenia Button Down Top by ARATTA ($54) out of the box. The summery plaid just wasn't my favorite, but I still tried it on per the rules!

Nope. It didn't fit. It did that ever so fun pulling open across the boobs thing. I'd have to censor the picture so I didn't even bother taking one. I hated the ruffle folding along the chest as well. I did, however, really like the darling buttons. If I would have thought of it at the time I would have taken a picture of the buttons, but it has long since been returned.

verdict: returned.

THE RESULTS:

Mona Boyfriend Denim Short by Kut From The Kloth ($68) -- returned
Loora Crochet Detail Top by Skies are Blue ($64) -- kept
Ivette Crochet Detail Top by Crescent ($48) -- returned 
Sebsatian Maxi Dress by Gilli ($78) -- kept
Athenia Button Down Top by ARATTA ($54) -- returned

2/5 this round

TELL ME A LITTLE MORE ABOUT STITCH FIX

If you haven't heard about Stitch Fix it is a really fun service where you are paired with a stylist that hand picks 5 pieces of clothing for you to try on in the convenience of your own home. Getting started is easy. You just answer a few questions to create your free style profile. And, when you are ready you can schedule when you want your fix to arrive. For a $20 styling fee, you will be paired with a stylist that will review your style profile and even check out a specific pinterest board where you can pin all of your favorite styles before selecting 5 items they think will be perfect for you. Your fix ships for free. When it arrives you have 3 days to try everything on to see what you love and what you want to send back. After you've made your decisions simply return the items you don't want in the provided pre-paid shipping envelope, keep what you love, and check out online.

If you happen to love all 5 of your items, you even get 25% off the total. And, you can use your $20 styling fee towards your purchase so an instant $20 off anything you decide to keep.  You can also choose how often you want to receive fixes - every few weeks, every month, etc. Or, you can manually schedule your fixes to suit your needs.

If you haven't tried it yet, I'd recommend you sign up (with my referral link if you so desire) and get your first box. It is really exciting to find a box full of lovely clothes sitting on your door step.

MAY STITCH FIX LINK UP
Check out some other Stitch Fix posts shared by bloggers too. Head over to Crazy Together to find them!
Share Pics Of Your Fix Button



27 comments:

  1. Love the top and dress you kept!! Great choices. I would not have done well with white pants either. With or without kids around is get something on then immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those white shorts looked so good on you! But I totally get being apprehensive about wearing white, especially when kids are involved! Love the maxi dress you kept too! And I actually liked how the navy top looked on you :). I think you got a great first stitch fix :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so good in the maximum dress! It fits you perfectly. The coral top is gorgeous, it's a good color on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for your first fix!!
    The two items you kept look so awesome on!!
    And I'm totally with you on the white shorts. They're cute, but with kids? Not ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for your first Stitch Fix box! I love that scalloped top and the maxi dress - definitely keepers! And those shorts sound perfect - such a bummer they were white! (I'm the same - I would've preferred another less disastrous color, haha).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great keeps for your first Stitch Fix! That dress is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I love the ones you kept! That maxi is perfect! I'm all about being able to wear a regular bra! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been thinking of trying stitch fix but I don't usually spend that much on clothes! I love the maxi dress and that it's not too long on you! I'm 5'2 also!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks! I love both the things you kept. So much pretty detailing on that crochet top. Can anyone wear white without getting dirty? I'd blame it on kids, but I was spill prone pre-kids. Now I'd just be more likely to have dirty little handprints all over my shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What pretty tops! If only the shorts were a different color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally love that maxi dress. It looks gorgeous on you! Glad you kept it :)
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the dress! That coral top looks great on you too. But white shorts or pants? Definitely not something I could wear either. They'd most certainly get something on them. Love your first SF and can't wait to sign up for mine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could never wear anything white, ever. I am way too clumsy and stains somehow always find me. Love the coral top. It looks great on you! And tops that do weird things to the boobs? No thanks. Boobs are weird enough as it is. Ha. The maxi is awesome. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dress is super cute on you! I was glad to see that you kept it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think 2/5 is an amazing box!! I'm always happy if I love at least just one thing :) And how awesome that they sent you a maxi that fits perfectly! So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great box!! That dress is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your first fix was great!!!! 2/5 for the first one is not bad at all.
    I LOVE that dress that you got! THAT is the kind of dress that I'm looking for!
    I also love that shirt you kept! I do like the white shorts but completely agree with you on the white color. I NEVER wear white on the bottom for fear of the same thing, so I don't blame you for returning them. Though, I think they are very similar to the ones that I got but in blue (denim) so maybe in your next box, they can send you some blue ones!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a bummer about the shorts!! They are seriously so cute! But white is a hard color to keep clean, as you said!! What fun pieces you got!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That maxi dress looks AMAZING on you. Love, love, love it! So glad your first box went so well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE that maxi on you! It totally screams Courtney. The color of the color top looked good on you too! So are you sold on SF?!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That maxi dress is perfect on you! I love it! The coral top is perfect for you, too. Such a lovely color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Please in no way take this the wrong way, I LOVE that I finally found a woman my size & my boob issues to follow regarding stitch fix. I love the service its fun and they always send things I would never normal pick out myself but end loving. I look forward to seeing your next fix.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The maxi dress was very flattering on you and a perfect fit. So glad your first fix was a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That maxi is amazing! I love it on you and I want it so so bad!!!! And I really liked the white denim on your but totally understand why you're not keeping them. I've been eying some white denim for awhile, so I'm finally gonna try it even though I am crazy. Surely they will get dirty with two boys all over me!

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE that first top on you and the white shorts and that dress!! I want the dress!! Great decisions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that maxi dress on you! It looks great; glad you kept it! I'm 5'2" also and have thought about asking for a maxi dress from Stitchfix but always worry about length! So glad to see that this might be a possibility:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.