Tuesday, April 5, 2016

[Foodie for a Year - link up #2] - Strawberry Cream Cheese Pastries

Sweet Turtle Soup: [Foodie for a Year - link up #2] - Strawberry Cream Cheese Pastries
Breakfast is my favorite type of food - so many options! Pancakes and omelettes and muffins oh my. All sorts of tasty things to eat, make, try. Bonus, it rarely involves the touching of raw chicken. One of my least favorite things ever. I tried several recipes for this Foodie for a Year's brunch category before deciding on sharing this pastry recipe. It's easy enough to make but also something you might not have very often. Simple and fun, a winning combination. Aria ate four of them, so it's safe to say she was a fan.

print recipe

Strawberry Cream Cheese Pastries
Easy strawberry cream cheese pastries made with frozen puff pastry.
Ingredients
  • 1 Frozen Puff Pastry Sheet
  • 4 oz cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon heavy cream
  • 6 teaspoons strawberry fruit spread
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions
1. Let your frozen puff pastry sheet thaw for about 15 minutes, until you can unwrap it easily.2. Preheat oven to 400. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.3. Cream together the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy cream.4. Cut puff pastry into 12 rectangles. Place each on the prepared cookie sheet.5. Score the edges of each rectangle without cutting all the way through.6. Place a teaspoon of cream cheese mixture in the center of each rectangle.7. Top the cream cheese with half a teaspoon of strawberry fruit spread and then swirl a bit.8. Make an egg wash with the egg and 1 tablespoon of water. Brush the edge of each rectangle.9. Bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown.10. Let cool.11. Stir the powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon of water, and 1/8 tsp vanilla extract together to make a glaze.12. Transfer to a plastic baggie and snip the corner off.13. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled pastries.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 16 squares

Sweet Turtle Soup

So, what is your favorite brunch recipe? Have you tried something new for brunch lately? Share it with us below! For more details check back on this post. Remember the next Foodie for a Year link up is on Tuesday, June 7th - the theme is a favorite summer recipe! You can also share with us using the #foodieforayear on instagram and twitter!

19 comments:

  1. Ooh these look delicious! I love trying new pastries! And I love that you tried a bunch of recipes before deciding what to share. I bet the taste testing part was so hard huh ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Those looks so good. I love pastries. My kiddos would love this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This the perfect base recipe, you could swap out the fruit with the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a breakfast person but those look amazing!! I will have to try those for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get on the frozen puff pastry train more often. This looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy, these look so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look really good! Can't go wrong with anything cream cheese related. Oh, and I am right there with you on raw chicken. I'm just not a fan of touching raw meat in general, so Scott usually does that :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't really go wrong with strawberries, cream cheese, OR pastries! These look delish! Pinning for later!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum, yes please! Anything with cream cheese and puff pastry, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun is this…. my girls would have LOTS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had me a cream cheese, and then really held tight with pastry.
    I'm guessing I could probably eat all 16 of these myself...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would totally be all over these! They look SO good!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks delicious! I'm going to pin it and maybe share it with friends the next time we have a brunch date!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YUM!!! This looks so good and sounds pretty easy too! I love puff pastry and love strawberry so this is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anything with strawberries, cream cheese and puff pastry has got to be good! These remind me of toaster struedles but minus all the bad stuff. I cant wait to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness these look AMAZING. I can not wait to give these a try. They look like the perfect Saturday treat. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Give me all the pastries!! Those look amazing and I can't wait to try them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.