Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Disney Trip #23 - Rainy Afternoon at Animal Kingdom

March 25th -

Chris had off work on Good Friday, so we thought we'd take advantage of the long weekend by hitting up Disney World. I'm still working on collecting all 4 'you are here' Starbucks mugs, so the plan was to see the Easter Bunny and then head over to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios for the final 2 mugs I need.

The Easter Bunny went well, and Animal Kingdom was great. That is until it poured. Not a Florida afternoon sprinkle, but a downpour. We actually made it to the gift shop just as the rain started, and since nobody felt like being soaked the rest of the day we decided to make a break for the car as soon as the rain let up a bit.

Because we weren't planning on staying too long at either park we only had a few things on our to-do list. I wanted my mug, of course. I made a fastpass for the safari as well as for kali river rapids. Aria is technically tall enough for it, but the Disney height bars have always been a bit off. So we were going to go see if she made the cut first. We never made it though because of the rain. Not as fun to get soaked when the sun isn't shining, especially since it is still cooler in Florida. I also wanted to go on the Lion Guard 'hunt'. They have (only until today) statues around the park of the 5 main characters on the Disney Jr show. You are suppose to find them all and then go to rafiki's planet watch to become an honorary member of the lion guard. Again the rain. We only got three of the five. And, since it was a short run thing we didn't get to finish it up. (Yes, it totally bums my must-finish-all-lists self out.)

We still managed to get my mug, take a safari ride, and find three statues. And, Animal Kingdom is my favorite of the parks for strolling. We spent most of our time letting Aria lead the way. So, even though it was a short and damp trip, it was still enjoyable.
Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom
Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom
Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom
Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Safari
Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Safari
Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom, The Lion Guard
Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom
Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom
Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Lion Guard
Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Lion Guard

And, the video from our trip!


We've got our final trip of our current annual passes planned for in just a few days - so excited!

11 comments:

  1. That picture of her on her tippy toes is so cute!!! How on earth did you capture that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that you will have all of the mugs! Those are a great souvenir to have. We didn’t do the river rapids when we were there, but looking back we maybe should have. Our Animal Kingdom day was the most hot and humid day of our trip. The cool off would have been nice…but then there’s the walking around in wet clothes thing. Great pictures!! Can’t wait to read about your next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While you were there, we were at Sea World dealing with the same storm. Luckily, we had packed umbrellas & got into an inside show while most of the rain was falling but we were soaked from about the knees down. I was wearing flip flops so it wasn't so bad for me but my husband & stepdaughter were wearing tennis shoes & socks. Blah! Tee hee!

    One of these days, I would really like to hit up Hollywood Studios especially for the Star Wars stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait for Avatar! Going to be amazing. And sorry about the rain. Boo. But at least you had some success. Are you still not renewing your passes!!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your love of Disney is deep my friend. We are thinking of taking Connor in the next year. I'll be hitting you up for details and do's and don't's

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for getting your mug but sorry the rain put a damper on your fun :(. We didn't get to do a lot of fun stuff there when we went...because it was November. That Dinosaur ride did however almost make me pee my pants :D!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man that stinks about the rain! But at least you guys still had fun. The Avatar picture of her, is just the cutest, it looks like she is flying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The very first trip Brian and I had to DL, it rained! But let me tell you it was the best 5 minutes of cool rain on a muggy day. Sorry this wasnt that kind. Glad you got your mug!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Animal Kingdom! When we were in Disney last, it was a tropical storm or something and it poured, flooded, etc. Still, Disney is always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun mug collection! I'm not a fan of the lion guard show, but those statues are cute, especially the hippo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boo to getting rained out. Animal Kingdom is a great park to wander around. So close to getting all 4 mugs! I just ordered more stuff from the Disney Parks app today since I ran out of time to shop while we were there :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.