Monday, April 11, 2016

A Day in the Life - Spring edition

Our day: Tuesday, April 5th, 2016 - Aria is 3 years and 4 months.

7:20 am | My alarm goes off, Aria is still sleeping. I fall back asleep.

8:10 am | Aria wakes up and comes in the room, we lounge in bed for 5 minutes then get up to use the bathroom. The pull up is dry, yay. We go in her room and put on a pair of panties for the day. She asks to stay in her pjs.

8:20 am | Feed the dogs, say hello to the kitty.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

8:29 am | Remember I want to do DiTL today, start the notes.

8:30 am | Let the dogs outside.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

8:33 am | Went to get water, but the brita pitcher is empty so I have to fill it up.

8:35 am | Aria grabbed the vacuum handle out of the closet and pretend vacuumed the house, put it away two minutes later. Then grabbed her ponies to play with on the porch - "you make the daddy talk and I'll make these two talk".
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

8:43 am | Brush teeth.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

8:47 am | Done with teeth. Brita full and I put it back in fridge. Get a glass of water. With ice.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

8:55 am | We pretend went to Disney with the little ponies, now we need a banana.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

9:06 am | Ate our bananas, Aria wants to play with marbles now so I call the dogs inside and she grabs the tin of marbles.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

9:14 am | Aria is good playing by herself at the moment so I go start a load of laundry.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

9:17 am | I'll get dressed now.

9:19 am | Time for a little reading.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

9:53 am | We read 4 stories from her princess books, time for breakfast now. Aria picked toast. We washed hands. Aria got her toast. I took the dog towels out of the dryer and swapped the hairy chair towels our for the clean ones. The dogs can sit in one chair in the living room but I keep towels on it to keep it semi less hairy. The wash wasn't done yet so I left that. Then made myself a piece of toast.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

10:24 am | Aria is done, I wash her up, and as soon as she jumps down from her high chair she drags great grandma off to play in great grandma's room. I finish up another piece of toast while I clean up the high chair. I love toast.

10:32 am | I peek in at Aria playing with great grandma.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

10:35 am | I empty and load the dishwasher while Aria is occupied. The laundry beeps while I am doing that so I toss it in the dryer and pop in another load to the washer. Then the dogs want out too, so I open the door so they can lounge in the sunshine.

10:58 am | Done with the kitchen - I needed to scrub the pans too. I need to make the grocery list next, so I do that.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

11:25 am | I go in and ask Aria if she wants to put on a dress, she picks the orange one. Then goes back in gma's room.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

11:28 am | I start lunch - turkey burgers and green beans today. Not done with the grocery list yet. So I multitask.

11:32 am | Aria comes out of gma's room so I get her an OJ, just for fun. We drank our OJ together then she meandered back into gma's room.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

11:52 am | Finished up the shopping list, lunch is almost done.

12:01 pm | Dad arrived home, Aria came out of gma's room, we washed hands and sat down to lunch
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

12:22 pm | Chris went back to work

12:28 pm | Aria and I are done with our lunch, we clean up, and let the dogs outside.

12:37 pm | We straighten up the living room..mainly the disaster that is her play kitchen.

12:45 pm | We go get the mail.

12:50 pm | Aria slept all night except to get up once to pee, so she gets to watch a movie. She picked Rio 2. Shocker. I finish my water and get a refill, catch up on DitL notes, then go get the laundry out of the dryer and toss the wet in the dryer. Fold the clean laundry and put it away.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

1:12 pm | Done being productive, time to sit while Aria watches her movie.

2:00 pm | Snack time, Aria wanted an Easter candy so we paused the movie and she sat in her high chair because chocolate is messy.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

2:36 pm | Movie is over. We get out the slime. I prep dinner while she plays.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

3:24 pm | She is done with slime. Played with magnets and her tiger for a bit while I started dinner.

3:36 pm | Daddy got home, Aria asked him to take her to once upon a child. She likes to play with the toys.

3:45 pm | They left, I continue to make dinner. I had a hankering for beef and barley, and it takes a good bit of simmering.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

3:52 pm | Chris took DitL notes for me...they arrived at once upon a child.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

4:07 pm | They leave once upon a child to go to Publix.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

4:15 pm | Arrived at Publix.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

4:19 pm | Aria got a cookie.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

4:33 pm | Leaving Publix.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

4:46 pm | They got home. Aria wanted to go Swing and Chris said how about in 7 minutes so he could drink some water. She threw a fit so she had to go to her room until she could calm herself.

5:01 pm | She came out and apologized and asked to swing, so swinging we went but then she decided to throw a fit over I'm not sure. Her speed perhaps. So we stopped swinging and I carried her inside, half way to the door she pushed out of my arms so I let her down and kept walking to the door and she screamed that she wanted me to pick her up. I ignored her and eventually we got inside. She came and sat on my lap and eventually she calmed down. Cranky dramatic three year old.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

5:25 pm | She asked to read a book so we read Corduroy and then daddy read Jake and The Neverland Pirates while I checked on the soup. I shredded the carrots and potatoes while Chris and Aria read, played the fishing game, and got out the tinker toys.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

5:59 pm | Time for Aria to eat dinner, the soup won't be ready for another hour and a half. Plus, she won't eat soup anyways.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

6:33 pm | Done with dinner - Aria had yogurt and a raw carrot, then said she was full. So we cleaned up then got in jammies.

6:48 pm | We let the dogs outside and sat on the porch a bit.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

6:59 pm | Back inside for story time before bed.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

7:23 pm | Chris says his good nights and goes back to work.

7:35 pm | I leave Aria's room and check on the soup. It should be done now. Looks good, so I turn it off and cover it. Then shower.

7:50 pm | Done with my shower, and pj-ed. Time for dinner! Had seconds. Delish. Watched gilmore girls for the 300th time.

9:04 pm | I probably should work on tomorrow's post.

9:41 pm | Done with the post, glad I prepped this one already because I'm sleepy. Time to let the dogs out and watch Gilmore Girls until it is time to get Aria up to pee at 11.

10:37 pm | Too tired to stay up any later, so I go in to get Aria up for a pee a little early then lights out for me.

1ish am | Aria is up to go pee, then back to sleep easily.

5:55 am | Aria up to go pee again, and back to sleep easily.

The end.

For the rest of my DiTL posts, click here!

12 comments:

  1. I love your DiTL posts, I really do. You have such crazy days.

    Aria is so stinkin' cute with her hair all put up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you do yoru DITL posts. And I can't image that sweet girl being a threeanger :) Yay for GG, I love that show so much! So stinkin' excited for the 4 episodes that are going to come out and that Sookie is joining in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! Such a busy day!! I'm not going to lie, I kind of love her late wake-up time. LOVE gilmore girls!! And yeah my threenager can be a little handful with the tantrums!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't done a post like this in forever! I'm going to do one soon. Smart idea waking her to pee. I have trouble with bedwetting with my little one. I might try that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A day full of fun! And ending with a beerita! Just how I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! You guys did a lot! It's amazing how much you actually do when you break it down like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want a Once Upon a Child store around here, sounds darling. I LOLd, the last DITL the Brita was empty too!!! I can totally relate and it drives me bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. I like that your alarm goes off 10 minutes before I leave for work. #jealous
    2. I wish vacuuming really only took 2 minutes. Aria has the right idea!
    3. Your day sounds fun, simple, and perfect. I want one of those days!
    4. How are those Straw-ber-itas? I've never had one but have always been intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you certainly keep busy! My day would be like: read blogs, watch a movie, pick up the kids. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love reading how everyone spends their days :) I love the selfie Chris took, and those Bud Light strawberry-ritas- yum! I recently bought the lemonade ones, and those are SUPER good. I love all the reading you do throughout the day. Also love your Disney water cup :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a good blogger husband Chris is, documenting with pictures and everything! I totally relate to the threenager stuff. The stuff that can shatter a three year old's world is mind boggling. I want a strawberry margarita now. Or any margarita ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha @ your husband taking details for you. What a good sport. It's impossible to take my three year old to OUAC. I usually have to carry him out screaming. He just wants to stay there forever. Girls are so much calmer. Love the picture of your daughter on the swing. I would frame that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.