Thursday, March 31, 2016

Thirty Favorites...On My 30th Birthday

Today is my Birthday. Hello, 30s! 

Today is pretty much business as usual with the addition of Mexican for dinner followed by ice cream cake. Yum. I am being treated to my first Stitch Fix box, which should be arriving in the next few days. Yay! And, we are doing a short last minute trip to Disney World (where else) for both my Birthday and our Anniversary. Double yay!

Sweet Turtle Soup: Thirty Favorites...On My 30th Birthday

Another of my favorite things to do on my Birthday is write up a little getting to know me post. You can find 2014's Happy Birthday A to Z here, and 2015's A Few Randoms For My Birthday here!

So, this year I give you 30 Favorites on my 30th Birthday...

1. What was your favorite subject in school?
In high school - ecology. In college - Maya hieroglyphics.

2. What was your favorite grade of school?
Kindergarten. Ah the simple days.

3.What was your favorite extra curricular?
Yearbook. Unless going to Latin Forum counts!

4. Who is your favorite author?
Jane Austen.

5. What is your favorite book?
Pride and Prejudice.

6. What is your favorite sport?
Football.

7. What is your favorite drink?
Ice water.

8. What is your favorite food?
Paprikash.

9. What is your favorite flavor of tea?
I don't like hot tea, but raspberry iced tea is delicious.

10. What is your favorite vegetable?
Green beans, does that count.

11. Where is your favorite place to eat?
Meg O'Malley's, an Irish pub/restaurant.

12. What is your favorite color?
Blue.

13. What is your favorite smell?
Cinnamon, especially when baking in the oven.

14. What is your favorite song?
One is too hard...Michelle by The Beatles or Piano Man by Billy Joel or Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy by Queen or Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics...and on and on.

15. What is your favorite quote?
"The cure for anything is saltwater: sweat, tears, or the sea."

16. What is your favorite thing to touch?
A cleanly laundered bed.

17. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween!

18.What is your favorite beauty product?
ChapStick.

19. What is your favorite type of shoe?
Flip flops.

20. What is your favorite style of clothing?
Yoga pants?

21. What is your favorite nail polish color?
Red. I ran out of my favorite but the name peeled off ages ago. I haven't been able to figure out which one it is, so I can't replace it. Sad.

22. Where is your favorite place to shop?
Target.

23. What is your favorite game?
Rummy-o.

24. What is your favorite vacation spot?
Disney World. Not very relaxing, but sure is fun. I'm still trying to convince Chris we need to rent a cabin in the middle of nowhere where Aria can roll around in the snow sometime in the winter.

25. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
Lounging with a frosty beverage in hand.

26. What is your favorite indoor activity?
Reading.

27. What is your favorite movie?
Jurassic Park.

28. What is your favorite TV show?
Gilmore Girls.

29. Who is your favorite actor/actress?
Johnny Depp.

30. What is your favorite blog?
Little Baby Garvin.


26 comments:

  1. Gilmore girls, target, and a clean bed... Yes yes yes! Happy 30th Birthday! Enjoy your Mexican food and trip to Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Courtney!! Welcome to the thirty club! I hope you have an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!! I hope you enjoy your day! Loved reading this list about you!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 30th, Courtney! Have a fantastic day!!! Loved learning more facts about you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I was hoping you'd be making a birthday trip to Disney (and not at all surprised that you are)!
    I'm with you on all your favorite songs!! So many good ones listed.
    Jurassic Park is SO good. It's in my top 5.
    LOL - yoga pants is totally a fashion style. At least in my house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I love Billy Joel, Gilmore Girls, and Disney World too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Happy Birthday! Hope it's a great one! Can't beat celebrating at Disney :) Totally with you on the yoga pants- I put them on everyday when I get home from work. And nothing beats a bed with clean sheets. Gilmore Girls and Target- with you there too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well happy happy day!!!! Here's to thirty right!!! I'm cheersing you with another application of Chapstick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday sweet lady! Mexican food, ice cream cake, stitch-fix and Disney – what can top that?! Loved getting to know more about you! I am watching the Gilmore Girls series for the first time ever right now. I am on Season 4 and loving it! How have I never watched it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait? What?! How are you just watching GG for the first time! So glad you are loving it!

      Delete
  10. Happy, happy, happy birthday!!! I am right there with you on the freshly cleaned bed. I made Mason take a bath before he could get on ours they other day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy, happy, happy birthday!!! I am right there with you on the freshly cleaned bed. I made Mason take a bath before he could get on ours they other day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday sweet lady! Gilmore Girls, I think i've watched every episode at least 4 times...I was going to buy them all, but then netflix got it...so...now I don't need to :) And clean bed, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to you :)
    Have great day
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love love love that picture of you & Aria! Stitch Fix and special dinner sounds like a perfect birthday. As moms it's always business as usual isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. First of all, happy birthday to you! :)

    Secondly, there are a couple of my favorite things on your list. Ha! I really like your favorite quote though. Excellent choice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy 30th birthday Courtney!! I hope you have a wonderful day and lots of celebrations! I love that you said ice water is your favourite drink. I wasn't expecting than answer!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy 30th, Courtney! Enjoy your day- it sounds like a perfect one to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday! I love these types of posts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy, happy birthday friend!!! Ahh, technically I missed it on the blog since it's actually after midnight your time now, but hopefully you got my text and Facebook message too :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish I had known about the red polish! ;) And now I have to look up paprikash. Youre always teaching me new things!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you had such a wonderful birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. YES to Mexican food and #20 & #29! Welcome to 30 :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Chapstick forever and ever amen! I hope you had the best time celebrating! Did you get the espresso maker?! I am hopelessly behind on blog reading and social media :(.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Welcome to the 30s club! ;) I love Little Baby Garvin too! :) Hope you have a fantastic day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.