Thursday, March 10, 2016

The Picture Perfect Project: 12 in 2016 - March

one photo a month in 2016 a photo challenge
"Drop Everything And Read"

Welcome back to another month of the Picture Perfect Project. I am joining up with Beth of Our Pretty Little Girls, Whitney of Work it Mommy, Stephanie of Wife Mommy Me, Elizabeth of Chasin' Mason, and Desiree of Macke Monologues to encourage you to challenge yourself in 2016 to take pictures daily, monthly, weekly, or any combination under the sun. And, then link-up with us on the 2nd Thursday of each month to share your progress. Challenges are always more fun when you do them with friends.

My challenge is "12 in 2016" - taking a photo of Aria once a month all year. Not just any picture (because I can usually be found behind my camera) but a picture where Aria is both looking in my direction and with a genuine smile. Some months are more successful than others but the only picture you regret is the one you don't take.

According to my goals for these 12 in 2016 photos I failed with a 50%. But, in reality? No. I adore this shot. She loves to flip through her books and I love that I got her to even glance up at me. Her love of reading is such a beautiful thing.


Sweet Turtle Soup

Please link-up any photography challenge you've been working on this year below! The link-up will be open until the end of the month, so add your link anytime between now and then. You can also share your pictures on instagram or twitter using #thepictureperfectproject. And, don't forget the next link up is on April 14th.




13 comments:

  1. Such a sweet face, and love that she loves reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is suchhhhh a cute picture! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a serious expression! Mila is the same way when she's reading. This shot is adorable - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how much she loves her books. Future bookworm, right there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so special that she's a reader. I'm sure you are totally in support of that endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great shot! She looks so serious and focused on her book. And the lighting is so pretty!
    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. That is the sweetest. Total perfection in capturing that moment. Well played!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im with you: this is a keeper! A love of reading is no small feat. And just look at her little feet sticking out of the end of the book, darling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Aria, you little beauty :) Her hair is getting so long!
    And I LOVE this shot! Some of my favorite moments are when I catch Mia engrossed in a book. This actually inspires me to catch Mia in the moment with her books!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love her expression :) I need to try and take more pictures of the girls together. I get so busy and then I forget!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aria is just beautiful, and it's wonderful that she already loves books. I was encouraged from a very early age to read by my Grandmother, even now, all these years later I still feel as if I'm with her when I settle down with a book. Bless you for encouraging your wee angel, reading is a gift that will stay with her throughout her life and she'll always love you for it, just like I love my Gramma, sending hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Out of all of your monthly photos I think this one is a new favorite of mine. You should frame it :).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Out of all of your monthly photos I think this one is a new favorite of mine. You should frame it :).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.