Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Mommylogues Series - 15 'Disney World Mom' Tips & Tricks

Hey, guys! Did you see that I was guest posting for Whitney over at Work it Mommy earlier this week? I'd love if you went and checked it out. I wrote up 15 of my favorite Disney World Mom tips & tricks.

Here is a little preview...
Sweet Turtle Soup guest posting Mommylogues - 15 Tips from a Disney World Mom

I thought I would share with you my favorite Disney World Mom tips. Going to Disney World with young children is pretty daunting. But, with a little planning before hand and a very flexible attitude during your trip it can be one magical vacation!

Aria took her first trip when she was 1 year and 4 months old, and now she is a seasoned pro with 22 trips under her belt. So, we've had a good bit of practice when it comes to spending a day at Disney World.
Sweet Turtle Soup guest posting Mommylogues - 15 Tips from a Disney World Mom

Here is what I've learned in my role as a Disney World Mom:

#1. Go early in the day. 

Beat the heat, beat the crowds. Arrive 30 minutes prior to park opening. That way you are going on rides with little to no wait while everybody else is still trickling in. Do the rides with the longest waits that are on your must do list first (Peter Pan, Safari, Test Track, etc).

Sweet Turtle Soup guest posting Mommylogues - 15 Tips from a Disney World Mom

#2. Have a game plan. 

Before you arrive do your homework. Check out the rides, see what the height restrictions are, and get a feel for which ones you and your family would probably enjoy the most. Pick out a few things each day that you want to do. As a general rule we plan on doing 3 things each day of a visit (one for each family member), everything else is bonus. There is nothing worse than stressing yourself out because you have to do every single thing in Fantasyland see all the parades and make 2 different dining reservations. Educate yourself beforehand, make a wish list of only a few things per day, and then remind yourself to...

Sweet Turtle Soup guest posting Mommylogues - 15 Tips from a Disney World Mom

#3. Be flexible. 

Being rigid is a sure fire strategy to wasting time and making your family miserable. The line you thought was going to be short is now 45 minutes, skip it. You can always try again later or make a fastpass+ for it. The most we will wait in a line with Aria is 20 minutes, and we will only wait 20 minutes if it is an absolute favorite. 15 minutes and lower is preferable. Any longer and Aria starts to turn into a gremlin. Or, you are on your way to Dumbo and you spot a street performance, stop and watch even if just for a minute. Aria loves the trolley show on Main Street USA. Or, you spot a short and sweet line for something you don't have on your plan but you just bet your kids will love, go do it. You can make some wonderful memories in those spontaneous moments.

Sweet Turtle Soup guest posting Mommylogues - 15 Tips from a Disney World Mom

If you want to read the remaining 12 tips click right over to my post on Work it Mommy!

11 comments:

  1. I read it and LOVED it! Girl when we plan a Disney World trip I am hitting you up for travel help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. 22! I have made one is my entire life. Two if you count Disneyland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a Disney pro and my go-to gal for all things Disney! Aria has been there 22 times? That’s so awesome, even though I am a bit jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twenty-two trips to Disney World for lil Aria already?!?! Dang! I'm really jealous. I wanted to go there when we were in Florida last week but I got overruled...plus, SeaWorld was cheaper. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your are so full of so much Disney wisdom :). 22 trips is insanely impressive too. She'll have to use that on her resume someday :P!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are seriously the Disney guru. I could totally use a bunch of your advice at Disneyland and when I (hopefully!!!) go to WDW next year too. Loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Youre the BEST!!! Thanks for all these golden tips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was such a good post. Excellent points!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun! Definitely going to read the full post over on Whitney's page. Yay Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Courtney! These are all amazing tips! I've been to Disney so many times, and Emma my oldest has been I think 5 times now, Alyx will have her second trip in this December when we go. Each trip we make is different, and honestly there no place we would rather vacation. All of your readers are getting awesome advice from you with everything!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.