Tuesday, March 8, 2016

St. Patrick's Day Treasure Hunt - free printable

St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner. I've been making my list of celebratory leprechaun high jinks and gathering supplies for our annual three day countdown. And, one of the things on my list is a treasure hunt for Aria. Since I made my own set of clues to print this year, I thought I would share it with you as well. Just don't make fun of my clues too much!

Sweet Turtle Soup: St. Patrick's Day Treasure Hunt - free printable
You can download the treasure hunt here, or download blank rounds that you can fill in with your own clues here!

The directions:
1. Download the free printable of your choice.

2. Print the clues on either regular paper or white cardstock.

3. Cut each clue out. 

4. While your kids are asleep tape clue #1 to their bedroom door, on either the inside or the outside. Just somewhere where they will find it right away. Then tape the rest of the clues in their correct hiding places (clue #2 would go somewhere in the bathroom, clue #3 would go underneath their seat, clue #4 would go on the toaster or near it, etc). 

5. Sneak in their bedroom and hide whatever treasure you want them to find at the end of the hunt under their bed, or mattress, or even pillow. It can be gold coins, chocolate coins, tickets to see Zootopia, nail polish, something fun from the Target dollar spot, etc. The options are endless!

Sweet Turtle Soup: St. Patrick's Day Treasure Hunt - free printable
I did this with Aria a couple years back when she was 1. She didn't really follow what the clues said but she could be led to the area in order to spot the clues. I remember she got such a kick out of finding each one and collecting the gold coin I taped to each clue, so this is a really fun yet simple activity for kids of all ages!

17 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this!! Such a great idea. I'm going to use it with Cam this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea! Thanks you so much for sharing this. I am super excited to do this with Nicklas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be a PERFECT spring break activity! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be a PERFECT spring break activity! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!!! I need to pin this... and actually remember to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea! St Patty's Day is usually overlooked in our house (unless drinking a Guinness counts?) - we may need to try this. Speaking of Zootopia, have you guys seen it? I'm thinking of taking Mila.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun idea! I am sure Mac would be all over this! Totally trying it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I normally only associate St. Patrick's Day with getting pinched because I never remember to wear green, and, of course, green beer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! Like Beth, need to remember to do it! Although I won't be home to see them do it, but maybe Mr. can be home to catch it in photos for me. Or maybe I'll save for next year and take that day off :) Perfectly good reason to take a day off right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Broken record here once more but so fun! So creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun idea! Perhaps I'll schedule in some time to do this on my Spring Break next week! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word - this is awesome and fun! I can't wait to read all about your St Patricks Day Adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Be still my heart, a tiny Aria! I can't tell you how much I adore your flash back pictures! I usually steer clear of St Patty's Day celebrations but this is too cute to ignore.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the cutest idea! We will certainly be giving this is go. I know of one little boy who will be pretty giddy to see what little treat will be left for him!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a CUTE idea!!! I bet Aria is going to love doing this this year! I love a fun scavenger hunt. I bet Mason would love doing this too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved this so much I am using it for our Easter scavenger hunt. Pinned this and be sure to join me at Party at My Place on Thursdays to link up some of your awesome posts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore this idea! And I too think I may use the idea for Easter! I think Noah would love going on a scavenger hunt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.