Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Luck of the Irish St. Patrick's Day Trifle

Sweet Turtle Soup: Luck of the Irish St. Patrick's Day Leprechaun Trifle
Looking for a St. Patrick's Day snack to delight your kids? This one is a snap to make and super customizable. With some green food coloring and a few fun layers you have a yummy and easy leprechaun treat.

Here is what I used:
  • crushed chocolate lucky charms
  • vanilla pudding tinted with green food coloring
  • lucky charms marshmallows
  • whipped cream
Yesterday our visiting leprechaun brought Aria a box of chocolate lucky charms to kick off our three days of shenanigans. Yesterday we came to the conclusion that chocolate lucky charms are not tasty. Aria picked out all the marshmallows before calling it quits. I ate a few bites before letting Aria eat the rest of my marshmallows and tossing the rest. So, I figured I'd try to use the cereal in a different way. The end result was this fun and definitely more tasty trifle.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Luck of the Irish St. Patrick's Day Leprechaun Trifle

Instead of chocolate lucky charms you could use crushed up regular lucky charms, or nilla waffers, or graham crackers, or oreos, or mint oreos, etc. Instead of green vanilla pudding you could use pistachio pudding, or no bake cheesecake filling tinted green, or mint ice cream, or vanilla yogurt tinted green, etc. You could exchange the lucky charms marshmallows for rainbow sprinkles, or green sprinkles, or roughly chopped oreos, or even green candies like jelly beans or mnms. I'd keep the whipped cream in rotation for the appeal of an extra layer that also isn't filling. The sky is the limit. Check your pantry and see what you can come up with - let me know what combination you decide on!



St. Patrick's Day Treasure Hunt Printable

Find The Rainbow - Photography Scavenger Hunt

Happy St. Patrick's Day 2015 - 3 Days of Shenanigans!

Happy St. Patrick's Day 2014 - 3 Days of Shenanigans!

11 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! Bummer about the chocolate cereal. Isn't that frustrating?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of chocolate lucky charms! I feel like the lucky charms people have to go into cereal production overload around March because everyone wants a box for St. Paddy's Day!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got excited when I read about chocolate Lucky Charms, but if they weren't that good, then that stinks. That trifle looks super yummy though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea chocolate Lucky Charms even existed.
    That trifle looks mighty tasty, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and yummy! I HAVE to remember to pick up some lucky charms tonight at the store!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, that looks delish & is pretty dang easy...something I could totally get onboard with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok seriously this is SO CUTE and so creative!!! I love it! And I want one. Can you send one to me? They travel well, right? :)
    Also, I've never heard of chocolate lucky charms! I was going to say I will have to look for those but you said they're gross so maybe I'm glad I've never seen them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well now who wouldn't love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for including alternatives! Im making this a breakfast parfait tomorrow morning using yogurt, youre a genius! Bummer the chocolate charms are yuck but truthfully the original tastes like cardboard to me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. fun! I like that you included the alternatives, you are so creative. I've never head of chocolate lucky charms...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again, you are so creative! This looks and sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.