So, I'm sharing 5 super quick, tasty, and fun (one should always have fun with desserts, right?) Eastery recipes just perfect for a last minute treat this weekend.
Colorful Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
I followed this recipe, but divided the filling into four bowls and added a drop or two of food coloring to each. Aria and I polished these beauties off in no time...so much for saving these for Easter morning!
Chocolate Dipped Bunnies
- bunny shaped peeps
- paper straws
- chocolate candy melts
- a block of styrofoam or other similar material
- shove a straw up the middle of each bunny peep
- melt your candy melts in the microwave according to the package
- hold a bunny peep above your bowl or cup of melted chocolate and using a spoon drizzle all of the sides. tap tap tap excess chocolate off.
- quickly, while the chocolate is still soft, press an MnM on each bunny butt for a tail
- stick your straws upright in styrofoam or something similar so the bunny peeps can dry. with candy melts it takes no time at all, but you can speed up the process by sticking them in the refrigerator.
Easter Color Rice Krispie Pops
Use your favorite krispie treat recipe, but divide the recipe by 3 for the 3 different colors. Melt your butter and marshmallows as usual, but after your marshmallow mixture is melted mix in a drop or two of food coloring. Stir in your rice cereal and then gently press into a well greased bread dish. Continue for each color, gently patting the next layer on top of the previous. Let set for a few minutes and then turn your dish over onto a cutting board. Slice the loaf of krispie treats lengthwise down the middle and then slice each half into 1-inch wide pieces. Slide a lollipop stick into the middle of each and push each stick into styrofoam for a fun display.
Beth over at Our Pretty Little Girls posted this super adorable bunny pie tutorial the other day. It is definitely easy and festive. Check out her post to read all about it.
Bunny & Easter Shaped Pancakes
Leah over at Leah With Love posted this extra cute bunny breakfast she made for her family. I just love this idea and if I can remember to get my hands on some festive cookie cutters we will definitely be doing the same this weekend. Check out her post to read all about it.