Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Easter Egg Paint Bomb Art

Sweet Turtle Soup - Easter Egg Paint Bomb Art
I've been saving up our egg shells so that we could have a little paint fun with them. It seemed like the right thing to do around Easter. The whole family had a blast hurling eggs full of color at our canvas and the end result was even more delightful than I had anticipated.

Here is what you need to do.

Step 1:
Sweet Turtle Soup - Easter Egg Paint Bomb Art
Start saving up empty egg shells. Use a knife to crack open the top of your eggs. Peel back the shell bits. Shake your egg out into a bowl, make sure none of the shell bits got in the bowl. Use your eggs for their intended purpose - fried eggs with the yolks still intact are a bit trickier than scrambled eggs but it can be done. Give your empty egg shell a wash with a little squirt of soap and some warm water. Put your shells back into the egg carton and keep in the refrigerator until you've collected enough, the more the merrier.

Step 2:
Sweet Turtle Soup - Easter Egg Paint Bomb Art
Fill your empty egg shells with paint. (You could also cover the holes with a square of tissue paper coated with stick glue, but I did not)

Step 3:
Set up a large canvas outside in the grass, or some place you don't mind getting paint everywhere. You'll want it preferably propped up at an angle. I placed ours against one of the patio chairs. And, since it was windy I clipped it to the leg so it wouldn't knock over. You might want to grab a pack of baby wipes to easily clean up messy fingers too.

Step 4:
Sweet Turtle Soup - Easter Egg Paint Bomb ArtSweet Turtle Soup - Easter Egg Paint Bomb Art
Sweet Turtle Soup - Easter Egg Paint Bomb Art
Start tossing your paint filled eggs at the canvas and watch them explode!

Step 5:
Sweet Turtle Soup - Easter Egg Paint Bomb Art
Let your beautiful art piece dry and then proudly display it.


It is definitely one of the most fun art projects we've ever done. And, probably the only fun one in Chris's mind.

Sweet Turtle Soup - Easter Egg Paint Bomb Art
Sweet Turtle Soup - Easter Egg Paint Bomb Art
Sweet Turtle Soup - Easter Egg Paint Bomb Art

Aria managed to toss her egg and have it bounce right back in her face. So, probably a good reason to actually cover the holes with a little tissue paper. Although it did only happen the once. We cleaned her up and then she said it was her new style...apparently she didn't mind much.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Easter Egg Paint Bomb Art

You can find the inspiration for this art project here!

22 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! I've had this activity pinned for years, but need to make it happen. Your canvas turned out so awesome! What are you going to do with it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mason would have a blast doing this! We have a friend who fills their's with glitter, colored powder, and washable paint and they have an egg fight with each other every Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mason would have a blast doing this! We have a friend who fills their's with glitter, colored powder, and washable paint and they have an egg fight with each other every Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so fun!! It really makes me want to go empty all of our eggs just so we can do this today! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!! This is genius. I would have never thought of that! Hopefully I can convince Seth that he needs to open eggs like this from now on so we can do this too! I'm totally bookmarking for next Easter (as I don't think we'll eat enough eggs by this weekend to do it this year).

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys always do the funnest little activities. This is awesome and I would have never thought of this. I am pretty sure that throwing eggs full of paint are what Mason’s dreams are made of! Ha. We have got to do this soon! I love the picture of Aria with her hands in the air!!! Like she had just made a goal or something. So cute!! And the last one with paint on her face!! She’s such a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How FUN! My boys would love this! That picture of Aria with paint in her face cracks me up!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um.... so much fun!!! I will have to put this on the agenda for the summer time (since it is currently 40 degrees outside).

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super fun idea! I want to do this too! Although i would probably be saving eggs for weeks to get enough for my kids, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much fun! Now I just need to learn how to crack eggs carefully. Something I haven't seemed to figure out in my three decades or so of cracking eggs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun!! Can I send my kids over for some festive, creative projects with YOU!! :) I'm so bummed, I think we're going to have a snowy Easter this year..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Baha ha! The comment about Chris made me lol Russ would be the same exact way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. does aria know how lucky she is? fun mom of the year award coming your way. this is so freaking fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously you are such a fun mom! Not sure I could handle the mess lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is brilliant! We've played with the eggshells filled with confetti, that was fun but getting paint-messy ups it to a whole other level! Why refrigerate the shells I wonder? Do they degrade that quickly?

    ReplyDelete
  16. If this isn't the neatest idea. I wonder if we can down a dozen or so eggs between now and Easter to do this with Connor?

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is the greatest craft project EVER! My kids would flip over this! I think I know what we're doing this weekend! You never cease to amaze me! Coolest mom ever!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is the best idea! And probably one of the few craft projects I know Marcus would love!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my, what a messy messy blast! How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.